Goal: 30 Day Shred

Options

Replies

• traceleann
    traceleann Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I started 30DS on 2/9 and I'm on level 2. If I can give you any advice I would say take rest days. I read where Jillian had said after the video was released that it wasn't intended to do it every day of the month. She suggests 2 days shred, 1 day cardio, 2 days shred, 1 day rest and repeat this cycle. I'm not following that exactly but doing my own schedule so I do the same every week. I feel like I'm getting stronger but my muscles aren't fatigued from working them every day. It's up to you, but I think our bodies need rest at least 1 day a week. Good luck!
  • itzjulz
    itzjulz Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow marks 30 days until my 30th birthday. I'm starting tomorrow morning!
  • tz2187
    tz2187 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Took a few days off due to the flu. Did Level 2 day 6 yesterday.
  • LReReed
    LReReed Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Here is the link to my results....I plan on celebrating this accomplishment tonight with a lot of drinks!

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=8vn8dt&s=8
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Here is the link to my results....I plan on celebrating this accomplishment tonight with a lot of drinks!

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=8vn8dt&s=8

Great Job!!
  • fitchick327
    fitchick327 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    traceleann, thank you SO MUCH for posting the info about Jillian's recommendation. I have been looking high and low for information on HOW to do 30-Day Shred, and it's really hard to find! She doesn't even tell you on the video! Someone on another site said you're supposed to do each level for 10 days in a row, which is a recipe for disaster! Thank you, I'm marking my datebook to start this regimen on Monday morning!
  • yungohara
    yungohara Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    So I just found out from an old thread that the hand weights they use are 3 lbs. and not 5 lbs.? /facepalm Where did I come up with all these assumptions?
  • MarliQQ
    MarliQQ Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I am on day 14 of L2, so I will be moving on to level 3 in a few days. I say 14 because I extended the 10 days to 15 for each level. Will be cool to finally get to the last level and finish it. Ready for something new.

I feel like I'm having an unusual problem where each day is getting harder rather than easier over time. I feel more exhausted and weak each day rather than seeing an increase in endurance and strength. I've actually had to go down in weight sometimes rather than up? (I have 2, 3, and 5 lbs. weights). Anyone else have this issue or is this some sort of mental block I'm going through?

Are you doing 30DS straight through or breaking it up. It is recommended by Jillian herself that we not do it everyday. That may explain what sounds like muscle fatigue. I felt like that in the beginning before I threw in some cardio days to break up the program.
    Jillian acknowledges that it was a decision by her marketing team to make it appear that 30DS should be done everyday. I thin other members on the thread have also heard the same. Specifically 2 days 30DS, 1 day Cardio, 2 days 30DS, 1 day cardio, 1 rest day.
  • rwieber
    rwieber Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 5 Level 2.....I find taking rest days are important and help with recovery. I use 3-5lb weights....the squat / v raises in level 2 are killer on the arms/shoulders!!! Can't believe I'm half way thru Level 2.....the planks are getting a little easier :-) Hang in there!!!
  • Lindsayannb
    Lindsayannb Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday with level 1. Where/how is the exercise listed in the diary? I couldn't find it to add it. I've got to say though...boy am I feeling it today! Love the soreness though...it lets me know its working. :P
  • rninshape2014
    Options
    Hi, Everyone! This is my first MFP post. I started 30DS 5 days ago. Hoping to lose 13 lbs, but will be happy if I can just tone up and keep this butt from going any further south!! I have before pics, but I'll post them at the end...when I have some kick-butt after pics to go along with them :)
  • loconnor466
    loconnor466 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday with level 1. Where/how is the exercise listed in the diary? I couldn't find it to add it. I've got to say though...boy am I feeling it today! Love the soreness though...it lets me know its working. :P

I could never find "30 day shred" in there either. I log it as circuit. I wear an HRM and burn between 165-205 calories.
  • yungohara
    yungohara Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Are you doing 30DS straight through or breaking it up. It is recommended by Jillian herself that we not do it everyday. That may explain what sounds like muscle fatigue. I felt like that in the beginning before I threw in some cardio days to break up the program.
    Jillian acknowledges that it was a decision by her marketing team to make it appear that 30DS should be done everyday. I thin other members on the thread have also heard the same. Specifically 2 days 30DS, 1 day Cardio, 2 days 30DS, 1 day cardio, 1 rest day.

I had been doing it straight through, sigh. Well, except for a two day hiatus at the beginning of L2 when I was out of town. The video definitely gives the impression that it's supposed to be done consecutively, I feel. I don't think I am the only one who interpreted it this way. I'm glad she clarified later at some point. Thanks so much for the advice! I was wondering why I was feeling miserable. I took another rest day on Monday and I think I'm going to finish up the rest of the video with these rest/cardio days.

I just started Level 3 tonight and it was BRUTAL.
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    I've been on holidays for just over a week. So, today I got back at it and did level 2. I think this was day 7, but I might spend a few more days here because my last time doing it was Feb 13.
  • redgyrlmd
    Options
    I am doing the shred with a gf of mine and it is killing me. I am on lv 2 day 2 and I am losing my mind over the exercises I can't do. I know I probably felt this way on lv 1, but I know I didn't this is crazy with all the planks. I can barley do a plank let alone twist. SMH, trying to stay focused but it's hard.
  • rwieber
    rwieber Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I will start Level 3 tomorrow....I hope it goes well. ;-)
  • keosis
    keosis Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Doing Level 2 Day 9 today!
  • Pucks_and_Balls
    Pucks_and_Balls Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I just started my second attempt today, so I did Level 1, Day 1. If anyone wants to be friends for support, feel free to add me!
  • MarliQQ
    MarliQQ Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Today is L3 D2 and let me explain that I am not accusing L3 of being as cardio crazy as its predecessors, but you still find yourself wanting to give up. Now granted, there is a 1/10 chance that it will be because you are wheezing--but mostly because...well, you are in pain. Not real pain, but that omg there are no muscles there to use JM!--so why are we doing this?? kind of pain. This is definitely endurance and strength for us girls on the heavier side. So warning, if you found planks to still be hard by L2D10--I will pray for you on your journey through L3. I cannot wait until this gets quite a bit easier, because lifting my body weight in this level is just plain brutal.
    I am doing the shred with a gf of mine and it is killing me. I am on lv 2 day 2 and I am losing my mind over the exercises I can't do. I know I probably felt this way on lv 1, but I know I didn't this is crazy with all the planks. I can barley do a plank let alone twist. SMH, trying to stay focused but it's hard.

Trust me, in the beginning I could not do some of those moves correctly in L2 either, but you do get better, as long as you attempt them.
  • Candela16
    Candela16 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello. I bought the 30ds a while ago and have used it occasionally, but never every day. How is it supposed to work? It did not come with a plan on which workout to do which days or at least if it did I lost it. Can anyone tell me how to use it for the 30 days. Thanks!