how often do you weigh?

Options
I was curious how often y'all weigh? I weigh on Monday's generally b/c I think that's the most normal representation after a weekend and what I need to do during the week. lol
Curious what y'all do...

Replies

• shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    i weigh every monday too just before breakfast
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, first thing in the morning. Don't know why, it's just become habit. I am curious of my body's flucuations, I guess. When I am actively trying to lose weight, I only count my weigh in once a week, normally on Friday.
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    i'm a scale junkie...i weigh in first thing in the morning, right before i go to bed, after the shower, after dinner...i think it's kind of cool to see how much your weight can fluctuate throughout the day. *but*, i'm not the type that takes it personally...it's just kind of cool. my official weigh in day is wednesday, and that is the only time i track.
  • ME02134
    Options
    I weigh in a lot. In the mornings usually and sometimes after a work out just to see the change. It's normally more when I do stregnth training and less after I run. My official weigh in day that I actually record is Wednesday mornings.
  • esorcel
    esorcel Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day. Whenever I go a while without weighing , I put on weight. In college, I didn't have a scale for one semester, and I regained the entire 20 pounds that I lost during the summertime! That traumatized me. Checking my weight daily has become a way for me to have better control of my weight, despite what any studies say.

I record any new weight loss anytime. I just enjoy seeing the number on the ticker change.
  • dgoforth
    dgoforth Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Every single day at the exact same time...morning. And I track it on an excel graph. After about 3 to 4 weeks, you'll start to see a pattern in your fluctuations, it's pretty neat. It's also helpful in seeing your progress.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Never on a Monday because I tend to splurge on the weekends a bit which means my sodium is high, thus I retain water. Then the # is not an accurate representation. I discovered this through trial an error of course. I always weigh 1-3 lbs more on a Monday then I do on a Wednesday or Thursday. I also drink on the weekends and we all know the effects of alcohol on water weight!
  • kewkdb
    kewkdb Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I was curious how often y'all weigh? I weigh on Monday's generally b/c I think that's the most normal representation after a weekend and what I need to do during the week. lol
    Curious what y'all do...

Once a week, every Friday. I drink on the weekends so I like to give myself time to work that off so Monday is out :)
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    Once a week, every Friday. I drink on the weekends so I like to give myself time to work that off so Monday is out :)

smirk...good plan! :laugh:
  • JamesPartridge
    Options
    I believe the best way to measure your weight is once a week by experience. Why? Well lets say you are doing really good this week and you step on the scale and it records a nice loss. All to often we take that as a great thing and instead of continuing on for the rest of the week we give ourselves a break hence not having the best week we could of.

Now the flip side is you look at the scale and it tells you what you don't want to see. Often we get discouraged and it can push over the deep end causing us to want to give up etc.

Sounds silly but you know what most of us are not in this battle because of great choices so we must understand how things can help or hurt us. Once a week and then you can build from week to week.
  • mlharris
    mlharris Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My official weigh in is Fridays, weekends are always tough so Fridays tend to be the best. I do weigh in everyday also, like above, if I don't weigh in, it just pops on so fast. I know they say only once a week but I like the daily reminders to stay on track. If I'm over due to salt or whatever, it motivates me to be good and if i"m under it encourages me that it's working!
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I actually weigh myself almost every morning because it keeps me centered. If I do not weigh in I might be more likely to think I am doing better than I am. Plus, if I see an increase of more than .5 pounds from the previous day I can look back and see if there was something I did differently. I know that there is a lot of debate that you should only weigh once per week and I understand that; but for me personally it is one of tools I need. I need to have something that keeps me focused and on track ... if I don't stick to the routine I completely fall off.
  • craek
    craek Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Monday's, but that is because I am on a schedule for the next 5 months! I don't like to weigh myself anymore then once a week. Seeing numbers is great but it can be frusterating...and sometimes, even though the numbers are changing your body still is. I think it's most important to go on how you feel, before and after pictures, your clothes, and what people say.
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I weigh first thing in the morning just about every day. After I pee, pre-shower. The number gives me an idea of what my day should be like diet and exercise wise. Up a pound? Drink more water today and watch the sugars. Down a few? Celebrate, feel great about myself, extra motivaton to workout believe it or not! Any time I see a loss I record it, and I don't record gains. I am trying really hard to stay positive through this whole thing so I don't beat myself down and quit (like I always have before) and I think my "system" works really well to keep that attitude.
  • annasart
    annasart Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning before breakfast. I feel it tends to keep me aware of the things I'm doing right or wrong!
  • givprayz
    givprayz Posts: 328
    Options
    Like a lot of people here, I chack more often than I record. I still try not to check more than every few days, just because the fluctuations can be discouraging. I like to officially weigh in on Mondays, but to be honest, because of certain health issues, I generally "believe" the weight I take right after I have a good evacuation, if you know what I mean ;-}
    Being female and having IBS means water and wastes effect my weight significantly. Other people have different issues. Like everything else, one-size-fits-all is a complete lie. Do what works for you.
  • lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I seem to weigh in on Wednesdays. No real reason, just seems to be when I get on. If i don't or forget then I do it on a Monday morning. I am def one who used to weigh myself multiple times a day but the flucuation was driving me absolutley nutz!!! :grumble: so I decided that if I wanted to succeed that I would have to just do it once a week and be very consious every day until the "big day"....weigh in. so far...so good. :happy:
  • carolrayes
    carolrayes Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Daily. I like to understand exactly what my diet tweaks and exercise does to my body. I record anything I lose as very generally when I lose, I don't get it back again. If I weighed weekly and waited all week and the number didn't change or happened to be up on that day, I'd be gutted!!!
  • carcar63
    carcar63 Posts: 158
    Options
    I weigh in on Monday mornings but sometimes I'll get on the scale 3 or 4x's a week just to see where I'm at.
  • bsoxluvr
    bsoxluvr Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'm a daily morning scale junkie. I have to keep focused and seeing the number keeps me on track.