Low Sodium Fat Free Cottage Cheese?

Options
2»

Replies

• WallyH4EverVersion
    WallyH4EverVersion Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I eat Breakstone's - Live Active 2% Low-fat Cottage Cheese (8 Carbs-3 Fiber=5net Carbs) 4oz ..Sodium 370mg ..80 Calories
  • KymberlyGiudici
    KymberlyGiudici Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    http://www.fatsecret.com/calories-nutrition/food/cottage-cheese/sodium

According to this breakdown the FF versions should have much less sodium than the regular ones, or the 1%/2% varieties.
  • lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I used to LOVE the Knudsen brand low-fat cottage cheese. Loaded with sodium but oh, so good.
    I moved to a new place where I can't get that brand, and had to cut way down on sodium due to health reasons.
    I tried every low-salt and no-salt brand I could find, and they are all terrible. Lumpy. Grainy. Gross.
    I just quit eating cottage cheese of any kind. I'd rather not eat it than eat something gross-tasting.
    Good luck in your search for a palatable, low-fat, low-sodium cottage cheese.
  • agottula
    agottula Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I love Lucerne's (safeway brand) no-salt added, but it is 1% milk fat. They add the salt to the fat free brands so that it tastes good. Let go of the salt, pick up a little fat.

Lucerne no salt is only 45mg in 1/2 cup.
  • maj1958
    maj1958 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Let's face it,Cottage cheese needs sodium to taste like anything. So many benefits, I say go low fat and don't worry about the sodium.