Logging Bad Food

Options
.... it just seems like it makes it easier to eat that same bad food again.

embarrased.gif

Replies

• FP4HSharon
    FP4HSharon Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    It's more likely to make you realize just how bad it was, or maybe that it wasn't as bad as you thought.
  • Oscarinmiami
    Oscarinmiami Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I log all food good or bad to have an idea of how many calories etc i ate...at least it gives you an idea
  • ranchmimi
    ranchmimi Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Honesty and consistency are 2 basic keys to weight loss in my eyes! When I do eat more than I should or lots of unhealthy foods it is better for me to see the results in my diary and on the scale - than just on the scale and wonder what's going on? I was NOT very good over Christmas and ended up gaining wight - but I did put it all in - and finally I am back to within a pound of my pre Christmas weight. Just one person's opinion!
  • myhoneyrose
    Options
    I log it all. It just helps me keep it real and honest with myself.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I usually throw it away if it's bad. Wait, what's your definition of bad? Mine is that it has mold on it, or is 3 yrs past its expiration, whichever comes first.
  • emilysfatsuit
    emilysfatsuit Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    When I'm craving something bad, like a Toblerone bar or Nutella, I have a mental war of sorts... 'If I eat this, I'm going to feel like [poop]. And all my MFP friends will see my shame." Usually I eat whatever it is I'm craving, just not the whole bar/jar. That's an improvement! Hah;)
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    For losing weight, there is no such thing as "bad food"

When you log something (or at least when you review your log at the end of the day), you just ask yourself "was that worth the hit to my alloted calories?" If so, great -- just make room for it. If not, you'll know better next time.
  • FABRICWOMAN
    FABRICWOMAN Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I think the original writer was talking about bad food as in heavy in calories, cupcake. I log in everything I put in my mouth. I had one bad day where the numbers were in RED. It was the day that I did not pre-plan like I usually do each day. It will not happen again. With the visual help, I am able to know that I am going over my daily allotted totals. Good luck everyone!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Solid first post

orson_wells_Slow-Clap.gif
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    If you don't log the so called bad food, your diary will not be a true reflection on your eating habits.
    You are cheating yourself.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    No bad foods. Just foods you eat less frequently in order to hit your macros. And always log, even if you occasionally indulge.
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I log it because if I don't I never really ate it. At least that's the logic in the back of my mind, lol.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    This is a really good example of how to fill in your diary so you hit your macros, and still have room for treats.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/925464-fitting-it-in-giggity
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    I log it. Don't cheat. Cheaters suck. Today is not a stellar day. Tasty, but not stellar.
  • klkateri
    klkateri Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I personally like logging my bad foods... motivates my fat *kitten* to go workout!

(Side note- I log everything. I need the accountability. Unless its just a bite or a sip it gets logged. That's why I allot myself 100 wiggle calories for the sips and bites I don't record. ie... a sip of soda from my hubbys glass or a bite of my friends dinner... stuff like that. But If I eat it, I log it. Plain and simple)
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I think the original writer was talking about bad food as in heavy in calories, cupcake. I log in everything I put in my mouth. I had one bad day where the numbers were in RED. It was the day that I did not pre-plan like I usually do each day. It will not happen again. With the visual help, I am able to know that I am going over my daily allotted totals. Good luck everyone!

Heheh. My numbers are quite often RED. Honestly, it's the weekly surplus or deficit that really matters, so don't freak out too much about going over from time to time.
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I think "bad food" is just easier than saying, "food that I have a hard time restraining myself from" all the time.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    There are no bad foods, only bad owners.
  • mjglantz
    mjglantz Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I log everything. Sometimes I estimate if I've been at a party or something and just write down 1500 calories or something like that. then when I look at the last 7 days I see that one day has a big RED marker over my goal. That way I see that I was over and it helps keep me on track for the rest of the week.

Not logging it doesn't mean I didn't eat it.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

Heheh. My numbers are quite often RED. Honestly, it's the weekly surplus or deficit that really matters, so don't freak out too much about going over from time to time.

Mine are red for now because I haven't been to the gym yet. They'll be green tonight. :smile: