LADIES: Do you Go ... Comando?

Options

Replies

• RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    @neuro_nut - yup! different pants for running/strength training. I rinse them out and hang them to dry. I properly wash them once a week.

And commando workouts alwayz!! :D:D:D Unless you're a man and you have to wear those unfortunate, baggy workout shorts, there's no reason to put more stretchy fabric "down there" than is absolutely necessary. :P

On that note: MEN! Can y'all go back to tighter fitting exercise clothes? A la basketball shorts from the 70s? I know it's just me and the other ladies will shout me down, but I stand by my principles! Part of the fun of the gym is checking folks out :P :P

I AGREE. Men in tight shorts while working out should make a comeback.

I know what you want to see
  • snoodled
    Options
    @neuro_nut - yup! different pants for running/strength training. I rinse them out and hang them to dry. I properly wash them once a week.

And commando workouts alwayz!! :D:D:D Unless you're a man and you have to wear those unfortunate, baggy workout shorts, there's no reason to put more stretchy fabric "down there" than is absolutely necessary. :P

On that note: MEN! Can y'all go back to tighter fitting exercise clothes? A la basketball shorts from the 70s? I know it's just me and the other ladies will shout me down, but I stand by my principles! Part of the fun of the gym is checking folks out :P :P

I'm only leveling the playing field
  • ottermotorcycle
    ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Hahaha. This is a good topic.

I go commando sometimes. I just... sorta go commando on some days, so I don't put on underwear just to go to the gym :p I usually have a pair of "workout pants" for the week (3 workouts) and I wash or switch them over the weekend. If I'm wearing jeans or a skirt that day, I generally have underwear on, so I leave them on. If I'm wearing yoga pants or leggings that day, I generally do not have underwear on, so I go commando.

In the summer if I work out with short shorts on I'll wear underwear. Until then, you'll never know ;)
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    lol...bump for later
  • pestopoli
    pestopoli Posts: 111 Member
    Options

;D ;D ;D heehee!
  • pestopoli
    pestopoli Posts: 111 Member
    Options

@snoodled - let's co-sponser some legislation...
  • snoodled
    Options

IKR ... ALL IN FAVOR???
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Yep.. Free and easy.
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 839 Member
    Options

IKR ... ALL IN FAVOR???

lmao you will prob get 100% woman participation for that
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Oh boy, I can see this going bad for the boys during leg press hahahahaha shorts come down a bit. Must wear sport briefs yeee
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    I wear double undies at the gym b/c of snail trails that other ladies may leave.
    I also wipe everything the F down.
    I sit on a towel.

:grumble:
  • annie61702
    annie61702 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Um, I'm more concerned that people wear workout clothes more than once without washing them. As for commando, I've tried it, but I think there is more chafing without underwear. So I wear very thin microfiber panties...and that works for me. I can't imagine going commando with a skirt. Just sayin'. But live and let live.

Also I'm in favor of tight workout clothes for men!
  • malyce86
    Options
    I skip on the underwear for yoga. In my opinion yoga pants were made to be worn that way. I don't use the machines and stuff though, so I'm not sure about all that. This whole post is kinda hilarious. :)
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I wear yoga pants to work out, but am scared to go commando. I wear very thin microfiber panties, but I think I'd feel better without them, I'm always pulling my pants up in the back and one less layer might feel better. Dunno if I can make the switch tho...

And I ALWAYS wash everything after each work out.
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Um, I'm more concerned that people wear workout clothes more than once without washing them. As for commando, I've tried it, but I think there is more chafing without underwear. So I wear very thin microfiber panties...and that works for me. I can't imagine going commando with a skirt. Just sayin'. But live and let live.

Also I'm in favor of tight workout clothes for men!

+1....who wants to wear stinky workout clothes?! and in for tight workout clothes for men! :laugh:
  • snoodled
    Options
    I wash my workout clothes after each wear. I can not imagine not doing so. Whether in panties or not. I sweat when I workout so that automatically disqualifies those clothes for a 2nd round.

I guess depending on the pants you're wearing and your body type, chaffing could be an issues. I've never had a problem with chaffing though.
  • irunforcookies
    irunforcookies Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I wore my biking shorts for well over a year without underwear, and after a race my husband came to pick me up. He never usually saw me in biking shorts, because I bike when he is at work. He immediately noticed that in the right light you could see everything. Everything. I had been biking like that in public, and either no one noticed, or everyone was too afraid to say anything. My advice - if you go commando while working out, look at yourself in a mirror in natural sunlight. Lesson learned. :)
  • Kaylee_law_123
    Kaylee_law_123 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I'm all about the thong ... But I'm not a fan of comando! Couldn't imagine working out in "normal" underwear, it would get annoying, but thong has never bothered me!
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I'm almost always commando at the gym. If I'm wearing looser crops then I'll wear some, but other than that, nope.

There are some men at my gym that should really really start wearing underwear though ...
  • callmestephanie
    callmestephanie Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Funny you should mention it... I'm commando right now in my work out pants lol. I wouldn't do it in public though, I'm not brave enough for that! haha