My 236 Calorie (Very Filling) Italian-style Lunch

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• laurenrubin12
    laurenrubin12 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This looks so fantastic. I tried shiratake noodles a few years ago and they actually were pretty yucky. It's possible i did not prepare them right as they ended up slimy with a slight "fish" like smell. How do you "dry fry them"? One thing I have cut back dramatically was noodle/bread carbs and replacing them with whole veggies. But I think this could be a great substitute.

48680767.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • ichoose2believe
    ichoose2believe Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rdcphone572
    rdcphone572 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I use these noodles pretty often. They are a good swap as long as you rinse and prep them.

An entire bag of Shirataki noodles will only be 40 calories...I usually use ground turkey and a low sugar marinara sauce with them for a filling meal. I make a delicious baked spaghetti with them that my family loves. It helps meet my daily carb macro too.

I first saw them on Hungry Girl a few years ago, and have used them ever since.

Her prep method with pictures to guide you: http://www.hungry-girl.com/biteout/show/2157

I buy them at my normal grocery store or at a local health food store near me.

Good luck and good health to you!
  • janinab75
    janinab75 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Bump. I'll also try this with spaghetti squash.
  • perla737
    perla737 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Bump. Can't afford to order online because shipping is $10. I'll keep looking in stores around town, hopefully I can find them!
  • dancinmama
    dancinmama Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I buy them at a Super Target in the fresh vegetable section, by the deli.
  • Back2Biz
    Back2Biz Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    This is a great tip! I love love love shirataki noodles, too. I have been using several paper towels to dry them, and then I microwave them. But I will definitely try this "dry fry" technique! I don't understand people who say they are disgusting.

I tried them, following the package directions, and wanted to LOVE them but they tasted like sludge with sauce. I'll try to be open minded and try them again using your dey-fry method. I hope I like them better this way! Thanks for the recipe!
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious, nice change from spaghetti squash.
  • timetotoneme
    timetotoneme Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    Wow, that looks delish. Doubt I can get those noodles around here, though. Live in the boonies. They don't even know what 'sprouted grain' bread is. Sheesh! Will have to make my own soon. *rolls eyes*

I'm sure you can order online.
  • SandraD1424
    SandraD1424 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I will be buying some of these noodles very soon!
  • slimmalikah
    slimmalikah Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Aries03
    Aries03 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • esai465
    esai465 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    bump, this looks delicious!
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    This looks great, I have some of these noodles at home but wasn't sure what to do with them so will give this a try :)
  • tinklemar
    tinklemar Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of these noodles. Must find them at the store now!
  • starbucks0211
    Options
    This seriously sounds so good! The best part is my bf won't touch it either because it is tofu haha