Replies

• Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    what's bad food?
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Okay well, my personal macro goal does not call for an excessive amount of carbs. and like Forrest Gump would say, "And that's all I have to say about that."
    your goal is 1200?
  • Snarkist
    Options
    you aren't doing yourself any favors by lying to yourself. Log everything.

hold on... I just looked at your diary, OP.

1240 calories for a MAN? Why are you eating so little? Did you have gastric bypass or are you only 4' tall?
  • MiraclePowertv
    Options
    Okay well, my personal macro goal does not call for an excessive amount of carbs. and like Forrest Gump would say, "And that's all I have to say about that."
    your goal is 1200?

It's like a foundation to me... Like a do not go below kinda number. I know my BMR calls for a few hundred more, but it helps my brain to set it lower. It helps me avoid shattering it completely on a regular basis.

Plus, in pretty new at this macro style nutrient plan, so I'm still working to get used to the best kind of things to eat when historically my diet was dominated by carb intake.
  • fat4evr
    Options
    If you are craving unhealthy food I find it amazing to make a super healthy smoothie out of vegetables and water. You will probably hate it. Force yourself to drink two gulps. You'll get nutrients and bam hunger pangs gone!
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    There are very few categorically 'bad' foods.

Choosing not to log a food is a choice to ignore the caloric impact that food has on your daily total, as well as the impact it has on your macronutrients and micronutrients.
  • laurie04427
    laurie04427 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Seeing whiskey in the frequently eaten category is weird but I do log the bad food just to get an idea of how the calories add up.
  • MiraclePowertv
    Options
    Seeing whiskey in the frequently eaten category is weird but I do log the bad food just to get an idea of how the calories add up.

Haha. Do you use the bar code scanner on the app for that? Lol
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    What is this...(how you say?)...

..."bad food"?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    your goal is 1200?

It's like a foundation to me... Like a do not go below kinda number. I know my BMR calls for a few hundred more, but it helps my brain to set it lower. It helps me avoid shattering it completely on a regular basis.

Plus, in pretty new at this macro style nutrient plan, so I'm still working to get used to the best kind of things to eat when historically my diet was dominated by carb intake.

Are you sure it actually helps you to do that?

I'm not yet convinced.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    There are no bad foods, only bad owners.

:laugh: :heart:
  • 33Freya
    33Freya Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    It's more likely to make you realize just how bad it was, or maybe that it wasn't as bad as you thought.

^^this. But lol on your idea...
  • Laura732
    Laura732 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Own every bite. The good, the bad, and the Reeses Cups :)
  • kaylamcdougall12
    Options
    Might as well log them all. You're only cheating yourself.
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    I personally like logging my bad foods... motivates my fat *kitten* to go workout!

(Side note- I log everything. I need the accountability. Unless its just a bite or a sip it gets logged. That's why I allot myself 100 wiggle calories for the sips and bites I don't record. ie... a sip of soda from my hubbys glass or a bite of my friends dinner... stuff like that. But If I eat it, I log it. Plain and simple)

^^^This. If I don't log in every bite I eat, I end up bingeing because I have no accountability. I usually don't eat my workout calories, or, if I do, I use them for my "treats" or little extras. Today I had some real, full fat cheddar cheese on my salad (:happy: ) with 110 of my workout calories. Love those workout calories (:love: ). Those workout calories are the only reason I hit the gym after work today.
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Own every bite. The good, the bad, and the Reeses Cups :)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Honestly don't get the idea of bad food. Unless you mean, like, pickles or cauliflower.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Food doesn't have an alignment. It's true neutral.
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I've found that logging my cheat days caused them to gradually become tamer.
    Honestly don't get the idea of bad food. Unless you mean, like, pickles or cauliflower.
    There totally are bad foods. Examples:
    - E&J Brandy, 1 container
    - Robitussin Cough Medicine, 1 container
    - Semen, 20 servings
    etc...
  • frespirt1002
    frespirt1002 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I do the same thing. That way I can see where I need to improve.