Am I seriously the only guy on here? LOL

Options

Replies

• millermichellelea
    Options
    me too, lol. another guy,,, keep gtr8 work , i lost 48 pounds from finding this site in 7 months ago, went from 38 waist to a 32, woot woot!!, i log on 1st thing is morning, welcome aboard !!!

That is awesome!!!! I am impressed! Congrats!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • millermichellelea
    Options
    Hehe if only that were true....

And no, you're not the only guy on here :D
    [/quote]

That picture you have for your profile is so wrong...and so hilarious!!!! :laugh:
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I think we're going to have to start a men only thread. Talk about man things like... er........ :drinker:

I encourage it, if I see one more TOTM (time of the month) cranky rant about binging on chocolate and retaining water I may snap! Sure its biological, a fact of life but do we have to share? People at work have a tendency to tell me when it's their time too, what am I, a walking ovulation calendar for everyone? LOL!!!
  • hamster123
    Options
    Another Guy checking in. Hello and welcome.
  • hamster123
    Options
    You are my new hero. Seriously fantastic work dude. Really well done. Sending a friend request so I can be inspired!

Another guy here. I started at 250 and am 171 now. I've been on since March 2009 and am within a couple of pounds of my goal weight. My BMI has me now in the healthy range and I have dropped my goal to just losing a 1/2 pound of weight a week. I'm starting to adjust to eating more calories now. I've been averaging around 1650-1700 calories a day since then with an average of 650 calories a day in exercise. I mainly focused on cardio but am now adding weight training for toning purposes. My main exercise was brisk walking. At the beginning, I could walk 2.5 miles at about 3.0 mph. Now, I can walk 10.5 miles at about 4.4 mph.

This has been really a big challenge and I'm really proud of what I have accomplished. Still, I'm putting out this info so you can see it can be done. I'll stay on this site for the foreseeable future because it is as they say a lifestyle change.

It is hard, but you can see it can be done. You just have to think about more. One last example. I work in an office setting. I climb 60 flights of stairs throughout the day just to add to the calorie burn. This also allows me to eat more.
  • barbosa22
    barbosa22 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    U are not alone
  • rewdy
    rewdy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    No. You are not. Not as long as the rest of us are on here.
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    You wanna know how to find all the guys on here... just post a topic that says "for Ladies only" & something about boobs. Then watch as the hit count starts going crazy. :laugh: You'll see plenty of guy posts.

Careful though, we don't want to bring down the server. :wink:
  • craig61
    Options
    last time i looked i was a guy lol
  • keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    And you are doing good with your weight loss - men seem to have it easier anyway.

It is not any easier for us. We have to run about the same negative calories as a woman the same height. We just tend to be taller and heavier people burn more calories. None of us have a goal weight of 105.

Men are usually much better at goal focus too. You ladies overthing every-freaking-thing and are much more prone to let emotions (and suprisingly soreness) have an effect on your eating and exercise decisions! I always thought women were supposed to deal with pain better than men, but I have seen tons of posts here where soreness is used as an excuse not to exercise. The line between pain and injury is pretty big IMO.
  • haroldz123
    haroldz123 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    i am guy using this app and mio motiva here!

i am slightly obese and cant find time to work out if i go offshore/onshore job (they have 6 meals a day!!)

so i bought mio motiva (heart rate monitor watch) - cheaper than those polar/ suunto/ garmin to complement my calories counting.

typical day for me if i dont go to worksite is just sitting at my desk doing report.
    i play futsal twice a week (depending on the weather-outdoor) and gym workout once or twice a week.
    having a HRM watch to monitor my heart rate, i can push myself to "fat burning zone".
    im not tryin to be buff or lean, just tryin to be in my ideal BMI.

good luck to u all!!
  • sykodelic
    Options
    Hey new Guy starting today,

I am aimed at losing some weight and gaining some muscle.

SW - 189
    GW- 160
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options

"Every influence in our society is geared toward encouraging you to be a fat slob. If you want to change, accept that you'll be fighting the tide of people who don't want to look bad by comparison."

this is a great saying!
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Options
    I don't know how to tell you this mate but your face is missing. Lose all the weight you like but I imagine a missing face is a deal breaker for most ladies....
    LOLLLLLLL
  • cowboyjoe
    Options
    Guy here...right now sitting at 267 lbs with a goal of 200 to 215 lbs. This site is making me realize some of the crap I did eat isn't the best for me. But if I get down to what is my BMI I would be skin and bones, so the 200 to 215 range will work just fine for me. My wife thinks I have too much energy right now..just wait till I drop another 50 lbs.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Guy here...right now sitting at 267 lbs with a goal of 200 to 215 lbs. This site is making me realize some of the crap I did eat isn't the best for me. But if I get down to what is my BMI I would be skin and bones, so the 200 to 215 range will work just fine for me. My wife thinks I have too much energy right now..just wait till I drop another 50 lbs.

I am in the same boat... atleast with BMI. If I get down to 200lbs from the 299 I am not.. my BMI still has me as obese... The lightested I have been as an adult is 218 and I did not feel obese at all!
  • alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    TOPIC: Am I seriously the only guy on here? LOL

There are quite a few of us here even though it doesn't always feel like it. *lol* :laugh:
  • NextGenMe
    NextGenMe Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm new here, too and thankful for the thread.

I knew there were other guys here and there but it's nice to see I'm not the only one. ;-)
  • racharla
    racharla Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone ... new guy checking in ... great to have a thread like this ...:drinker:
  • Bryan190
    Options
    Plenty of guys here, but just like in real life the ladies do most of the talking:bigsmile:. The tools available here have been invaluable to me in losing weight. I no longer am concerned when I shoot up a few pounds because I know how to handle it now. Keeping a consistent food diary is the key to success and this site makes it much easier once you learn how to use it - everything else (exercise, what to eat, etc) will fall into place once you develop the habit of keeping an accurate food diary. If you don't already have a smart phone, get one with the free apps available here - makes tracking what you eat that much easier. Also, get used to the fact that you will be told repeatedly by the ladies in your life how easy you have it as a guy. No doubt us guys can lose weight faster without the hormone fluctuations, but "easy" is not how you will describe your success to yourself.