Question for everyone here?

Options

Replies

• Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Options
    Retire and become a stay at home dad. ha ha. Also, the usual stuff of traveling etc.
  • DainaLC
    DainaLC Posts: 18,937 Member
    Options
  • Sarah4fitness
    Sarah4fitness Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I'd officially be on track to where I want to be. I would pay off my debt, and begin aggressively looking for my first house. I would also conceivably be in the market for a second vacation home, which I'd look for in Hawaii.
  • cad39too
    cad39too Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Travel more than I do now...I love visiting new places. Add more equipment to my home gym.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Get a huge bus-sized RV with a gym on board. . then head across country picking up all my MFP peeps along the way and having endless debates about nutrition and fad-diets and filming the whole thing for a documentary.
  • Chillyfrog
    Chillyfrog Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I would definitely buy a new car and save, save, save so I could retire early.... ok, new car, go to Bora Bora, then save.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Since my life expectancy took a sharp decline this last year, I'd retire, spend time with my family and do all the things I've always wanted to do.

I'm sorry!! -hugs-

Hmm..I'd love to travel the world!!! :)

I don't stress about it. We're going to do some traveling. Just a trip a year or so. I've got some time.

Aww I love the attitude! Live life to the fullest. :drinker:

Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    pay student loans
    get safe(r) car
    fully furnish apartment
    start NPO to address hunger in community
    do that forever
  • Chelseraptor
    Chelseraptor Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Once I finished paying off the mortgage / credit cards / car payments, etc, I would put in a nice patio in the back yard with a little fire pit for making s'mores and enough room for my hammock and maybe even a little fish pond with a little water fountain. Then I'd throw an addition on my house and make myself a nice little library with a cozy chair.
  • Slaintegrl
    Slaintegrl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Move to Ireland and build my dream home!
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Buy a new car... buy an apartment that I could either live in or rent out.
    And go for a trip.
    Rest I would save.
  • Sharon_73
    Sharon_73 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Pay off my mortgage and put both of my kids through university or college.
  • Dedshot
    Dedshot Posts: 145
    Options
    I'd still be making no money. So I'd go about my business!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    It's a tricky question. While I would really like to retire in the next two years, an increase of that magnitude would mean over a million dollars a year. I might want to work a little longer and make my retirement that much more comfortable.
  • tchell99
    tchell99 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    The shallow end: Hire a trainer, personal chef, and personal assistant who would follow me around and bat poor choices directly out of my hand.

The deeper end: Redirect my research to explore additional options to reduce recidivism.
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Work for a year or so to pay off debts and build up retirement fund, then retire.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Get a personal trainer in my home and all the Gym equipment i could possibly need. Of course personal chef.
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I'm curious... If all of a sudden your annual income became your monthly income starting tomorrow... What would you do different? What would you change right away in your life?

Would pay off the mortgage.
    Get an investment property.
    Travel first class.

:drinker:
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    So I would still be doing my job, but for 12x more money? Shoot, I'd have to stay in the area then because my job is location-specific. If it were lotto-money or something, I'd move someplace tropical.

Staying around here I'd buy a house on acreage, travel, and save for early retirement. I would also give money to my family and causes that I care about.
  • raneylfrick
    raneylfrick Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Buy a house big enough for my kids to have animals. Put a decent amount into my kids' accounts. And then take it day to day with the rest....for sure put some into charities and schools!