Pear shaped ladies

Options

Replies

• losing270
    Options
    fellow pear gal here. Thanks for all the inspiring photos!!
  • kingdomsora48
    kingdomsora48 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bump because i'm a pear too :-)

Same! I want to see some more inspirational pear-shaped ladies. :)
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Yep pear here just a petite one before kids 34-25-35 at 103 4ft 10in, after 2 kids 19 months apart and weighing in at 150.5 size 12 38-32-42 , now 116 size 6 after 34lbs loss in a years time woohoo ,35-27-37 so just a little bigger but almost my original size again :) my butt causes my pants to gap at the back it can be quite annoying at times( baby got back) lol husband likes it though :)

might I add I lost most of the weight off my hips, thigh area first then it moved upward, took my boobs the longest to shrink ,funny to me actually .
  • mufamuscles
    Options
    I am the quintessential pear. 5'6 and started at 184 lb/size 18 (US) pants, now I'm 125 and a size 4! It is definitely frustrating with our shape because my hips/butt are the LAST place weight comes off. For example, I'm a size 0 on top, but stil a 4 on the bottom. Bottom progress might be slower than top progress, but it will still happen eventually. I never thought I would be able to fit into an 8, let alone a 4!

Edited to add current measurements: 34-26-37.
  • katylil
    katylil Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Pear here!

5'6"
    SW: 161
    CW: 145
    GW: 126

37-29-41

The one and only time Iv'e lost real inches on my hips/saddlebags/muffin-top/thighs was doing 30 day shred and (later) lifting weights. Cardio makes no proper difference (maybe half/one inch at MOST)
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I'm a classic pear!

SW: 185.3
    LowestW: 157.2
    I'm bulking now so CW: 161

I haven't got proper before pictures. But this was me during at about 182 (left) and at about 165 (right)

2q23ds8.jpg

And my profile (2 weeks ago) and ticker (6 weeks ago) shows me now
    Don't get fooled by the Bikini in the right pic, the top is acyuallt far too big now. However, I find that strength training in my upper body, and hence getting a bit broader shoulders helps equal out the hips visually
  • redlipsticklyfe
    redlipsticklyfe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Pear girl here too. Measurements are 31-27-38. I started at 33-31-40. All I do is lift and I think it's the reason why I've gotten to keep as much booty as I have. I started in January and was really frustrated because I didn't care about losing anything but my tummy. I'm a lot happier now though because I have great arms and the saddle bags are gone. I know pears hold onto that tummy fat until the very end so I'm just going to let my body do what it wants and enjoy the journey.
  • stripeytrousers
    Options
    You look amazing - well done!!

I'm also 5.11 and currently 159 and can only wish to look like your right picture by losing 2lbs. Makes it clear that you can be the same height and nearly weight as someone else, but look totally different!
    I'm a classic pear!

SW: 185.3
    LowestW: 157.2
    I'm bulking now so CW: 161

I haven't got proper before pictures. But this was me during at about 182 (left) and at about 165 (right)

2q23ds8.jpg

And my profile (2 weeks ago) and ticker (6 weeks ago) shows me now
    Don't get fooled by the Bikini in the right pic, the top is acyuallt far too big now. However, I find that strength training in my upper body, and hence getting a bit broader shoulders helps equal out the hips visually
  • DanerTee
    DanerTee Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'm a pear too. For me it isn't just about where I store fat: I have a relatively wide pelvis... One day in a delivery room I'd be thankful. Anyway, in addition to losing fat that you have, I'd say work on toning your legs, thighs and butt. And squat! My legs aren't tiny, especially comparing to my waist that's really small. But they are super strong and have nice muscles. So for the first time in my life, I think, I don't hate my whole lower body. Use it as an advantage!

YES! This! My doctor had to do an xray of my abdomen and pointed out that I had a large pelvis as well and commented about how much easier delivery will be! Not to exciting to hear as a 23 year old but one day I will be happy for it!

I have a very wide pelvis which annoyed me as a younger lady, but BOY, when I delivered two kids with ease I was sure thankful! :) Embrace this kind of stuff, the time when it will come in handy will pop up sooner than you expect!
  • fearofgyms
    fearofgyms Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Redlipsticky, nice work. I'm in a similar boat but you've made so much progress in such a short time with lifting only? May I ask what is your workout/weighlifting routine and schedule?
  • KRB28
    KRB28 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I'm also a pear shape. Im 5'9" and currently weigh 159 pounds. I've lost 5" off my hips since last July (45"-40"). I've been doing Brazil Butt Lift from Beachbody and jogging on the treadmill. Not doing any weights at the moment as I don't have access to them, but hoping soon I will :) I love my pear shape a lot more now than I did when I first started. My hips expanded quite a bit after having two children. Lol.
  • redlipsticklyfe
    redlipsticklyfe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Redlipsticky, nice work. I'm in a similar boat but you've made so much progress in such a short time with lifting only? May I ask what is your workout/weighlifting routine and schedule?

Thanks! I'm currently doing this workout: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/womans_lean_sexy_bible.htm I'm on week 8 now which is crazy since I've never stuck to anything that long. It's a four day a week routine. I purchased a dumbbell and barbell set so I could work out at home. I ignore the exercises that require a machine or try to find a substitute.
  • fearofgyms
    fearofgyms Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Yes, I prefer to do them at home too. I've started squats and lunges and deadlifts since reading your post and I can really feel it. I did it at home with dumbells. I will check out the link. thanks again!
  • melissajane83
    melissajane83 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have a pear shape too. Right now I am at 180 and I am 5'2. I have lost 50 lbs before and I was super thin before I got preggo. Even at my smallest (117), I still wore a size 6. I don't think I will ever be smaller than a size 6. I will be happy just to get back down there! I have started doing Zumba 3-4 times a week so I really hope that helps me.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Well, if Zumba doesn't do it, I don't know what will!
    I have a pear shape too. Right now I am at 180 and I am 5'2. I have lost 50 lbs before and I was super thin before I got preggo. Even at my smallest (117), I still wore a size 6. I don't think I will ever be smaller than a size 6. I will be happy just to get back down there! I have started doing Zumba 3-4 times a week so I really hope that helps me.
  • Earthgirl51
    Earthgirl51 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I am a pear as well. I have lost 11 pounds with a combination of using a mini tramp, an eight inch step, and walking. I throw in some hand weights when I am on the tramp. I have not lost LOT of weight but I have lost about eight inches in about six weeks. I can see difference. The mini tramp has a bonus of being low impact.
  • becbo22
    becbo22 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I'm definitely a pear. I've recently lost 50 pounds and almost 3 pants sizes. I've gone from this:

[img]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r164/Becca_Boyer/Mobile Uploads/image_zps4406bba0.jpg[/img]
    To this:

[img]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r164/Becca_Boyer/Mobile Uploads/1cb37652-967a-4ac2-bc5d-d9c3791939c4_zpsdf852ccf.jpg[/img]
  • katylil
    katylil Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Strength training! Lifting heavy weights!!
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I meant as far as burning calories.
    Strength training! Lifting heavy weights!!
  • Cbargert
    Cbargert Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Fellow "pear shape" here. Thank you for all the replies. I've lost 11 pounds and getting discouraged. But after reading this post, I'm going to have more patients. I'm only seeing weight loss from my upper body, but the lower seems the same. I remember now, that it takes so long for the lower half to see results. I think someone from here had lost over 50 lbs. without seeing any results in the lower half.

I'm doing strength training 2-3 days per week, I'll let you know if my results are any different. I do know that the numbers on the scale aren't going down as fast as before. But I'm seeing body changes.

I do have to say that I think the "pear" shape is the most feminine and attractive women's shape out there. I'm glad to be part of the club. :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!