T25 for the new year! Lets GO!

Options
13»

Replies

• rjdunn87
    rjdunn87 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I could use some advice.

I just wrapped up my 3rd weeks of T25. The first two weeks were great. I had tons of energy, was feeling awesome after the workouts, and though I have only lost about 1lb, I've really toned up. In addition to this, I play full-court basketball once a week in an intramural league and usually also either go for a Hike once a week or play half-court bball as well. For some reason, I just felt really burned during week 3. The energy just hasn't been there, I don't feel as strong as I did the previous two weeks, and I've also started getting shin splints. I really don't want to take a break from this and lose the momentum I had the first two weeks. I have been using C4 before workouts and Shakeolgy after work outs.

Some stats about me: I'm a 28 year old male, 5'8 and 190lbs --- it sounds like a heavy weight, but I'm more on the muscular side, but I do still need to lose some pounds. My target weight is 175. I was at that weight 6 months ago when I got married, but as a newlywed, my wife and I went on a binge of eating out and it derailed that ideal weight I was at. I'm not following the meal plan or counting calories, but for the most part I eat healthy as I cook most of my meals and eat a good amount of lean meat. Every Friday my wife and I split a bottle of red wine and a frozen pizza. That's typically our only "cheat meal", although we also cheated during the Superbowl. I probably could drink more water, but I drink about 5-8 glasses a day. Maybe closer to five glasses a day.

Does anyone have any advice on boosting my energy and protecting my shins? Any general advice on something I'm missing would be appreciated as I'm not really a fitness buff.

Thanks all.

I would say to make sure you're eating enough. Since you don't count calories it may be hard to tell, but you may want to take a look at your BMR on an online calculator just to have an idea--that's the amount of calories your body needs just to function, make your organs work, etc. so you need to make sure you aren't eating below that. That could be a factor in your energy levels.

As far as the shin splinting, I'm not really sure… you could try following Tania for a few days and doing the low impact modifications and see if that helps?
  • piffer28
    piffer28 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys! I have always been a crash dieter, and I am really good at crash dieting, but I have really been trying to do it the right way, so only 6 lbs was discouraging, but I am now on Week 3 of BETA (haven't missed a day yet) and am now down 13 lbs total. So, even though I would have liked to be down 20 lbs or so after 2 months, I am less than when I started. I need to remember slow and steady. I think building my muscle has helped because this week I will be down 2.5 lbs or so. I think I am finally starting to have a quicker metabolism.

So, now that I am almost done, suggestions for my next workout????
  • jbug5j
    jbug5j Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    starting again. i did cardio yesterday and speed 1.0 today. i dont know how im feeling yet, be it motivated or scared that i will quit again. but im doing it now. :) ill post back in a few days to let you all know how its going :) probably just going to post on staturdays :)
  • piffer28
    piffer28 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Well, I finished my T25 on Friday. I lost 15 lbs and a ton of inches! I am happy with the results although the lbs lost are less than I was hoping for initially. I just did the fit test for Insanity today. I am really hoping to lose 20 lbs on Insanity. We shall see though. I have 40 lbs until my goal.