"H20" 12 Pounds of Christmas Challenge - Week 6

Options
Week 6 of 9 (Three weeks to go, which means three weeks until Christmas)

-Week six, bad habits we will kick-

NEWBIES: Welcome. Thanks you for being interested in joining our weight loss journey right along with us. We are a group of mainly ladies, and a few gentlemen who are striving to lose some weight. We are here to struggling along with you. We are here to listen, vent to, give advise to.. Looking forward to this weight loss journey.. We do new “Challenges” every so many weeks.

CHALLENGE 1 - WEEK 6
WEEK 6 (12/04) - Cut out atleast one bad habit, and lets see if we cant cut these bad habits for good.

CHALLENGE 2 - WEEK 6
WEEK 6 (12/04) - Do a total of 60 minutes of meditation this week, & do a total of 30 minutes of yoga of some sort this week. Tie it in with the meditation if you’d like…. Meditation seems to help with stress, and helps clear our minds, We all need a clear mind for the new week.

CHALLENGE 3 - WEEK 6
WEEK 6 (12/04) - Do a total of 60 situps/ crunches for the week, or do a total of 60 leg lifts for the week… Something to help us work on our abs &/or legs.

CHALLENGE 4 - WEEK 6
WEEK 6 - (12/04) - Normally I don’t do a FOURTH challenge, but I decided to add it, for some added fun. For this challenge I want you to tell us what you love the most about the holiday season. Those scrooges out there I’m sure there is something you like.. Along with that post a picture of your Christmas tree if you have one up. Looking forward to seeing all those pretty trees..

NEWS:
*VIOLET just celebrated her 2nd Wedding anniversary on 11/28.. Send a congratulations out to her and her hubby!!
*PINKY will be celebrating her 26th Birthday on the 12/09.. Happy Birthday Pinky!!! Hope you have a great birthday!!
*SUMMER took her first Zumba class on 12/03.… way to go Summer,.. Im so proud.. I sooo want to try zumba myself.

QUOTE OF THE WEEK: “Our health always seems much more valuable after we’ve lost it” -Unknown

VALENTINES CHALLENGE.. When are we starting it and what do we wanna call it? Let me know what your thoughts are..

Heres to week 6...

Replies

• summerblunden
    summerblunden Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I made it on the intro post!!! YAY!! I feel special :smooched: :heart: :flowerforyou: :blushing:

Weigh in day is Sunday, the hubs and I went out to dinner tonight. I made better choices than I normally would have, BUT I went out to lunch with a girlfriend today too. Ugh. Workout tomorrow for sure!!

Hope all of you have a FAB week 6!!

Oh, and I LOVE this time of year, it is my favorite!! I'm decorating the house tomorrow. Not sure hwen we're getting a tree yet, we get a real one (I refuse to get a fake tree, as much as my hubby would like the convenience). Maybe sometime next week we'll get one...I just want it to be fresh for Christmas!!
  • carmen1485
    Options
    I missed week 5 completely - apologies! I have been logging in and am half way through the 30 day Shred today which is definitely making a difference.

Great challenges for week 6 AprilVal. I'm definitely a fan of meditation and I've hardly done any for ages so this is going to get me back to that. I use guided meditations on my ipod and they are lovely - happy to recommend if people haven't tried these before.

It sounds like so many of you are having a difficult time at the moment. My thoughts are with you, especially at this time of year when there is such a focus on family times.

I'd lost 1lb in the week I missed and then good news this week too!

SW on challenge: 164lb
    Goal Weight: 152-153lb
    CW: 156lb
    8lb lost

I can't believe the time has gone so fast. I'm aiming for 3 more pounds but if I can make 4 that would be even better. My 'skinny jean' target evening is on 17 December so that is what I'm focussing on. I'm meant to be out for a Christmas work lunch on Monday but think I'll need to miss that because of a meeting which is probably good! However I've then got a friend's birthday meal on Tuesday and a works do on Friday night. Will try and fit the exercises in amongst that.

I've got a great recipe to post later which is definitely worth trying.

Good luck guys and keep up the good work.
  • casey_when_u_go
    casey_when_u_go Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I lost 1lb again this week :smile:

@ Violet - Congratulations on your Wedding Anniversary
    @ Pinky - Happy Birthday!! Hope you have a great day.
    @ Summer - Well Done on the Zumba, I've never been brave enough to try it!

It's starting to feel quite festive here, this is the first Christmas my 4 year son has been interested in, he is so excited, we are hoping to get our tree this weekend, we're having a real one this year for a change:smile:
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Fantastic challenges, April!! I definitely need to get back into doing leg lifts regularly. And the meditation sounds like just what I need right now.

Thanks for the birthday wishes!! :) Will be spending that day at Disneyland (of course).

I know this is going to sound repetitive, but my fave part of the season is Disneyland's decorations, but more specifically the "snow" (it is actually frothy soap bubbles) at the end of the fireworks. It is such a simple and wonderful thing that makes me smile and cry at the same time. The innocent magic and wonder of it...letting the flakes gather on your Mickey-eared Santa hat while you grin into the night sky with all of your new friends on Main Street...*sigh* and I love watching wedding proposals happen then too. Even more warm fuzzies!!

We got our tree tonight and it is all decorated. Will snap a good pic of it and post. Looking forward to seeing everyone's firs!
  • nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am so not into it this week. I start out eating ok…then make really bad choices. Snacks are in abundance at work…I love the families and doctors for bringing in such nice treats but my willpower is challenged.

So…I am going to take you up on this challenge April…I am going to try…hopefully beat…the snack monster at work. I am going to learn to walk away. I bring healthy treats to work…so I have no excuse. My 8 hr shifts are ok…it’s the 12 hr ones that can cause me to munch.

Challenge 2 and 3..I have actually SCHEDULED them so I cannot forget to do them..or make an excuse as to why I can’t do them.

Challenge 4….Oh, I LOVE Christmas! Now of course, I loved it even more when my kids were little…the element of surprise. But now, my daughter and I have a tradition of going out on Black Friday…even if we don’t buy anything…we have a blast! Get up early…blast our Christmas tunes in the car…giggle at the crazy shoppers who just HAVE to have it. Then we come home and get the decorations started. She is the only one who helps me…the hubby and son…not so much. Love the cookie baking…present wrapping…just everything. The only thing I would love to have change….is people. They need to remember to be kind. Smile…be polite. Remember the reason for the season. I will post a pic of my tree when my daughter takes one for me…she does much better…

Happy Birthday Pinky! :flowerforyou:

Happy Anniversary Violet! :flowerforyou:

Way to go on the Zumba class Summer! :bigsmile:

Also…special thoughts to April and Bru…I continue to pray that your child wishes will be granted. I think you would both make wonderful mommas! You take such good care of all of us! :heart:

Have a wonderful weekend! I will post my weight Monday. Hopefully not a gain.

Love to all!
    Linda
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I'm a very rubbish H20-er!!! I'm managing the weight loss but not the challenges. See, rubbish!
    Congrats to VIOLET AND HUBBY! Happy Birthday PINKY! SUMMER, I think I will join in a Zumba class next year. I found one or two locally, here in Blighty. Just hope they aren't full to bursting in the New Year!!!!!

I love the fact that, even though they are 15 and 13, my two girlies still love their 'presents from Father Christmas'.:bigsmile: They have a bag, which they put in their rooms on Christmas Eve. 'Father Christmas' (ME!!!!!!!!) has to creep in, get the bags, fill them up and put them back without waking them!!!!!!!:tongue:
    How 'he' manages, I don't know. Amazing!!!!:noway:
    We're (I say we, but my girlies do the decorating, listening to a Christmas cd whilst I sit drinking a cup of hot chocolate) putting up our fake tree (can't get a real one cos the only place I can put it is next to a radiator) next weekend.
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Stats

H20 Xmas SW = 239.6
    H20 Xmas GW = 227
    H20 Xmas Weight Lost = 2.4/12

Week 1 Weight = 237.9 (-1.7 lbs)
    Week 2 Weight = 234.4 (- 3.5 lbs)
    Week 3 Weight = 236.3 (+1.9 lbs)
    Week 4 Weight = 234.8 (-1.5 lbs)
    Week 5 Weight = 237.2 (+2.4 lbs)

So I fell off the wagon last week...rolled down the hill and got hit by a passing donkey. LOL I actually got back on program (logging food, being careful, taking my meds properly) Thursday so I'm pleased with the progress so far. Thursday morning i was back over 240...yikes.
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Just subscribing so I dnt lose the thread :)
  • trish1215
    Options
    Hey everyone. I have missed the past 3 weeks because I was taking some time off from excersising to get healthy again. I had a case of strep that relapsed three times in a month so the doctor said it was best that I stop working out until I am 100% healthy. So, Monday the work outs will start again and it CAN'T wait. I have stayed at a consitant 179 since I stopped working out and haven't moved past that so I'm very certain I will start losing again once my workouts start back up. Congrats to all of those who were mentioned in the post this week! I've got a birthday coming up soon too and I'm already googling where I can eat the healthiest birthday dinner without eating a salad.

Holidays = my favorite time of year. I love all the lights and the smile they put on my daughters face. Everything is so magical for children and I love it. I love getting together for Thanksgiving and Christmas with family we don't get too see very often and I just love to decorate! Unfortunately, we have a fake tree for the first time this year. It doesn't look bad but it doesn't smell like pine either. I hope everyone has a GREAT holiday season! I look forward to adding challeneges into this week. I think I might do 60 second planks instead of the crunchs. They seem to tighten everything up really well!! Good luck everyone on having a great week this week!

This is my daughter and I in front of the christmas tree!

020.jpg
  • ChantalC1969
    ChantalC1969 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Just adding this new topic to mine. Will be back later!
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I have a positive feeling again this week, I think we are all gonna smash this weight loss yo pieces :D
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Congrats Violet! Happy almost Birthday Pinky! ANd WTG Summer! I'm looking forward to the day I can find somewhere local (and semi cheap) to try zumba...

Did you know that Zumba has a Wii game out? I'm hoping Santa gets my hint ;)

Love the challenges, will do what I can on those. Nothing really new to report, last week I was up A LOT due to sodium, I'm back down to my last recorded weight, but I plan to weigh in again on Monday for another thread, so if I have any change, I'll let you all know. As long as I stay back in the 190's (gosh, that's so weird to write and think!),I'll be ok. Even if I don't lose, if I maintain this month, that will be amazing!!

We host a New Years party every year and I know it's just one day and not an everyday thing (Thank God!) but I know that diary will probably not be pretty! We'll have toasted ravioli's, chilli, chicken wings (which unless they are bonless I won't eat), chilli cheese dips and chips (even though we dip the ravioli's in it..super yum!),mini weeenies, and I'll have a platter of fresh veggies and whatever anyone else decides to bring. And for alcohol, because I do plan on having a little, I may have a few shots and we are making everyone who comes, bring a bottle of Verdi (champange-like and really good in plain or raspberry) and whatever they want to drink. I will have water all day and at least one bottle that night and A TON of water the next day to help with the sodium.
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Oh, and as for my favorite part of the season, it's the traditions mostly. When I was little, the day after Thanksgiving, Mom and I put up the tree and then waited for Dad to put on the lights. Then I got to hang all decorations except the glass ornaments and the topper, which my mom did. We each decorated our own stocking every year. Mom and I baked cookies together throughout the month. Christmas Eve was/is always done at my parents house (which was my Grandpa's) and my Dad's side of the family gets together all night (literally, til about 1am, maybe 2am!) I remember when I was the youngest, they reversed the present order and OLDEST opened first.. I had Grandpa, 6 Aunts and Uncles, my parents, and a cousin ahead of me! Christmas morning is still always back at my parents house for 'Santa's' gifts and the ones from my parents and to my brothers now (10 and 14). For the past 7 years, Christmas afternoon was spent with Nicks Grandparents, so this year will be hard, but we are all still going over there and Nicks mom with be the one cooking instead. (Hopefully if we get things sorted like we plan, we can move into that house, which is across the streets from us now, and we can hold Thanksgiving and Christmas next year...)

I just love spending the time with my family and sharing memories and traditions, making news one each year. This year, we are going to my parents house, then across the street and THEN on the road for 3hrs to see my Grandma (mom's mom) in Quincy, IL all on Christmas Day! I will be a busy Bru!! LOL!!

As for a pic of my tree: christmas2010.jpg
    A little hard to see my snowflake tree topper, but it's there and sparkly, lol!

And I have my first 2 cards on it, yay!!

Sorry for the crazy long rambling, I do that sometimes ;)

:heart: Bru
  • achbarrow
    achbarrow Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I totally missed week five but I've been an ill little hermit for the last few days. Finally on the mend I think >.<! Well I hope.

Happy Anniversary Violet!

Happy Birthday Pink!

WTG Summer!

Here are my stats so far:
    10/30 - 219.8 (-0) Start Weight
    11/04 - 220.6 (+.8)
    11/11 - 220.6 (+.8)
    11/18 - N/A-Vacation
    11/25 - 216.4 (-3.4)
    12/02 - 213.2 (-6.6)

Lets see....my favorite part of this time of year is that Pumpkin is back! It's the only time of year that you can find tons of pumpkin flavored things breads, cookies, drinks, FROYO!!!! I of course also love (now that I don't work for the Evil Vortex of Doom AKA Borders Inc.) the holiday spirit! The music, the cheeriness people have, and getting to see and have a great time with ALL my family!
  • cstibbe
    cstibbe Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have been so MIA the past couple weeks, sorry! Now I feel so out of the loop but I am excited to see that we have a challenge in the works to Valentines Day!

I weighed in this morning at 149.5. Such a good morning for me because the month of November I have been stuck in the 153-150 range and now I am FINALLY in the 40's! I am happy to see that everyone else has been doing well during this challenge too! Especially if you have been like me, where holiday treats and not so healthy foods seem to always be around!!

H20 xmas starting weight- 154
    Current weight- 149.5
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Still holding steady....could be worse, though I'd much prefer loss!
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    SW: 186 lbs
    CW: 177.8 lbs

8.2 lbs down,
    3.8 lbs to go!
  • iluvwdw
    iluvwdw Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who supported me in my post about my grandmother. I just needed a place to vent so thank you all it means so much to me and your words were all a comfort to me. I did respond to each of you in the week 5 thread but wanted to post here in case you all missed it now.

I ate my feelings today had poutine and chicken sandwich and chips to top it off and feel like crap for doing it. Tomorrow I start back with counting cals and will weigh in for the first time in weeks. :frown: Hopefully the damage won't be too bad. I really just wanted a glass of wine but had no corkscrew! :grumble:
  • kattungen
    Options
    SW (30.10) - 190 lbs
    W2 (05.11) - 188.5 lbs - 1.5 lbs loss
    W3 (12.11) - 185.6 lbs - 2.9 lbs loss
    W4 (19.11) - 185.6 lbs - 0 lbs loss
    W5 (26.11) - 184.0 lbs - 1.6 lbs loss
    CW (03.12) - 187.8 lbs - 3.8 lbs GAIN :(

A Total Loss of: 2.2 lbs

I am guessing that I've gained because it's my TOM, but it still sucks.
  • summerblunden
    summerblunden Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    SW: 194
    CW: 192.2

So my lowest was 191, but after the holidays I was 194 again, so I'm happy with this loss today. Hopefully next week I'll be back to my lowest, and we can go from there! Damn these holidays!!!