Cried for 30 minutes

Options

Replies

• Be4stm0de
    Options
    You have to ignore those people, they have deeper issues and it makes them feel good to put others down. Maybe you should reconsider caring about this person so much. Stay motivated and get your body how YOU want it to look for YOU.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I have a really thick skin, but a comment like that would enrage me. Delete her, let it drop, and be the better person. If you're ever asked why, then tell the truth about what she said. It was cruel and meant to be cruel.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    I hope none of you ever said anything you didn't mean without thinking. Because you sure are all ready to just drop the hammer on someone without asking why something was said. Maybe OP should try asking him why he said it? And then tell him how much he hurt her feelings? Learning and growth can be had by all.
  • jshashaty
    jshashaty Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry that you went through that and I know how hurtful people can be without even realizing it. I tell my daughter that people who don't think first before speaking or even typing have very small minds. If you want to vent. message me. I'm here.
  • feelingbloated
    feelingbloated Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That is a terrible thing to say to someone. People dont think before they speak sometimes...they think they are just being funny. One day at work, the heel broke off my shoe and just as it happened a co-worker walked in and said "Gee, how's that diet working for ya!". At the time I was so embarrassed that I didnt say anything. But a few days later when my co-worker realized I was less then pleased asked if I was ok....I had to find the courage to ask her why she would say something like that when I am struggling with my weight. She felt terrible and said she was just joking and she didnt mean anything by it. I accepted her apology but havent forgotten how hurt I was at the moment. I think you should say something to your friend...it may be hard, but you will feel better getting it off your chest. Then just keep moving forward.
  • phantomjam
    phantomjam Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I hope none of you ever said anything you didn't mean without thinking. Because you sure are all ready to just drop the hammer on someone without asking why something was said. Maybe OP should try asking him why he said it? And then tell him how much he hurt her feelings? Learning and growth can be had by all.

Sure, I have, however, I would have noticed if the friendship had been dropped, examined my actions, had some remorse and made an attempt to make amends. (This is all assuming that there is some possible way to justify such a nasty statement.) If the friend still wanted nothing to do with me, I'd recognize it was my own fault and respect her wishes.

I wouldn't expect the injured party to expose herself to further possible ridicule.
  • myplacetohide
    myplacetohide Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I had a nice picture for you, but it is SO darn complicated doing it on this web site that it's just impossible. But how about this...

How you treat me is your karma
    How I react is mine.
  • scyian
    scyian Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    People like that usually have deep insecurities about themselves and it makes them feel better to make fun of others. You know the person better than we do, you will know what to do and say. My advice would be to surround yourself with people who make you happy. We all have to put up with idiots and those who makes us feel bad in life, but we don't have to hang out with them.
  • whollybologna
    whollybologna Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    words can really hurt. I know you're likely friends with that person and they were probably trying to encourage you, but it was very cruel in how they did it. They probably didn't realize they hurt you. Talk to them. If they're open and apologetic, then forget about it and focus on your weight and being the amazing confident woman you are. If they say something like, 'Can't you take a joke?' then cut ties. You don't need that kind of negativity on your journey.

remember: Jerks exist. but in a few months you are going to be slimmer and sexier than ever and they are still going to be jerks. Keep going!!
  • fhfreedom
    fhfreedom Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hey, you faced the hurt and cried it out... now use it in the gym. That's what I do :) Turn it into motivation that will encourage you to keep going. He might be the one saying nice things to you later on and you can smile and say to yourself, "I win".
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    What a douche!!!! I don't see any reason for keeping someone like that in your life. That sounds a little too harsh to be a "joke" especially after going a while without contact and that is the first thing they say?!
  • doodlebeats
    doodlebeats Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    What an absolutely horrific comment. I wouldn't say that to a stranger, let alone a friend. Sometimes we have to reevaluate the relationships in our life in order to achieve the goals we've set for ourselves. I am sorry your friend was so hurtful. Remember, you are a work in progress!
  • jatten
    jatten Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    If he meant a lot to you, I'd let him know that he hurt you before you say goodbye.

And don't forget, the most impressive people at the gym are the ones working the hardest, not the ones who look the best.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    What a mean thing to say! :angry: :sad:

It seems he doesn't value your friendship as much as you do his. But I agree that if you want to try to keep him as a friend you have to tell him how hurtful his comment was. Let his response decide whether you continue to stay in touch, or let this be the end of it.
  • tinamariecleg
    tinamariecleg Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    That was plain mean of him. That is not being a good friend
  • bobbijodmb
    bobbijodmb Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    That is awful, but honestly doesn't sound like a good friend. One thing I have learned is to surround myself with supportive people because its the only way for me to be successful.

I remember being there and there is hope. Change can happen. Feel free to add me if you need support =)
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    WOW! That person would no longer be considered a friend in my book. Mean spirited.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    What a *kitten* you have for a friend!!!

Think I would cut ties and move forward.
  • IIIIISerenityNowIIIII
    Options
    That is not something a friend says, it is something an enemy would say.