Bananas? ...Yea or nay?

Options
12346»

Replies

• SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Love bananas and they are loaded with potassium and fiber. I eat them for a treat. Slice them thick, dip in some vanilla yogurt, sprinkle a little chopped almond on top and freeze for 2 hours... so delicious.
  • Wtn_Gurl
    Wtn_Gurl Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I love em.. and actually I guess because they are a starchy fruit (not sure what else to call them).. they fill me up where other fruit does not, except for watermelon which fills me up.

when im hungry i eat a banana and all is well and im not hungry anymore.
  • christa279
    christa279 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I average at least 1 banana a day and am losing weight just fine, and it has not affected my ability to lose belly fat.
  • Yasmine91
    Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    People say the same thing about bread, spuds rice and pasta. But as far as I'm concerned, if it fits my calorie goal then to hell with people saying that they make you fat.
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    a banana coated in milo is an awesome post work out snack. im eating one now.
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    unless you are doing a low carb diet like Atkins South beach paleo etc there is no reason to avoid them if you have the calories available in your day. Good potassium source tasty, nice addition to breakfasts or just a good snack. I have a diabetic friend who eats a half daily and always has the other half if she needs a healthy sugar boost
  • kwlmson
    Options
    My breakfast smoothie just wouldn't be the same without at least 1/2 banana!
  • HealthySideofLife
    HealthySideofLife Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I eat a banana everyday, sometimes two everyday. I couldn't imagine not having them in my diet. I like having it with a little bit of almond butter spread on top with a tiny amount of honey drizzled on it. That usually fills me up for a while. Whoever said that bananas were bad are silly people! (just kidding haha, but really, bananas = awesome).
  • Cakewalk25
    Cakewalk25 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I love bananas - my go-to afternoon snack is a sliced banana, plain Greek yogurt and 1/4 cup of granola mixed together. I am usually starving by around 3 pm and it keeps me full until suppertime.
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Bananas surely have a higher quantity of sugars compared to other kinds of fruit. But every single piece of fruit contains carbs and sugars... that's what they're made of. If you're eating at a deficit you will always lose weight. If they fit into your carb or sugar daily goal, there is no way they could make you fat... the only difference is that you could eat, like, 2 clementines and have the same amount of carbs. But is there really a big difference between a banana and 2 clementines? I think bananas are great because they're sweet and more energetic if compared to other fruits.
  • anniekin_skywalker
    Options
    Bananas are underrated and they hold a special place in my heart. That is all.
  • ramira77
    ramira77 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've been told bananas are good for you too,they are great for certain lifestyle changes but a personal trainer told me they are nature's snickers bar!
  • cardsfanlv
    cardsfanlv Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I usually split one with my daughter at breakfast. They are higher calorie but nothing wrong with them if it fits your macros/cals.
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    FRrplNa.jpg
  • JellyButter
    JellyButter Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    A banana in the morning is perfect for me especially with my oatmeal or if I'm just having fruit
    I never really understood the banana controversy. Its a bit high in carbs yeah but its perfect for people that workout
  • MysteriousLdy
    MysteriousLdy Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I eat banana too, as well as apples,melons as healthy snacks in between meals ;-)