Needing inspiration from apple shapes!!

Options
So I'm an apple shape and I've almost lost 40 lbs and while I'm definitely smaller my stomach is starting to hang and I feel like I'm always going to have a saggy stomach with loose skin. Anyone able to lose weight and have a somewhat flat stomach? Also any weight loss pics I would love to see! I've been hitting spots lately where I'll lose one pound and then hold at that weight for a week or two before I can lose another pound so I'm getting frustrated. Lol

Replies

• qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    all i can say is im in the same boat as you. i lost for the first 5 months consistently. the last 2 months ive stalled at 216 then at 213 for around 3 weeks each time. i finally hit 211 yesterday. we will see how long that lasts. and i am also an apple. I have hope tho. i have hope that i wont always look like a linebacker on top with no *kitten* and skinny fit thighs and calves. lol
  • hisbeautifulangel
    hisbeautifulangel Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Omg same here!! I have no *kitten* either!! Lol And I've lost mostly from my thighs. I wish my stomach went down as fast as my thighs did lol my arms are also still big and I have broad shoulders. I feel like a linebacker too lol
  • qtgonewild
    Options
    i guess we are the only ones. lol
  • polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Pfffft! You're not the only ones LOL. I don't think any of us are built like linebackers! I know that I don't have that weird V shape that linebackers tend to have. I tend to get praised for my boobs, bum and legs, and if you look at me head on, I don't look disporportionate. I am not being inspirational, sorry....
  • qtgonewild
    Options
    Lol I think I have that v shape lol
  • draco706
    draco706 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    My belly is still here after over 30bls. I have however gone from a 44DDD to a 38DDD bra size. That is 6 inches off my chest! I have also lost an inch off my neck and my double chin is almost gone. Take some measurements. My guess is that you have made some progress your still just focused on the belly. My trainer has said that that is always the last thing to go.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    I only tend towards apple when I'm not extra careful about the foods I love. I'm really an hourglass with large thighs and booty (a pear with bigger boobs, basically). But man can my middle grow! And it's the last to go, yes!

But I am, in fact, back to hourglass range now! Woot! My lower tummy is a bit of a problem area still, including being a little loose, but I'm sure it'll tighten up with time. My other parts that lost did. They just look a bit odd before the skin catches up. Mine's slower in doing that now that I'm over 40, but it's happening. I really do think I'm within 5 lbs of being quite happy with my lower tummy and waist. They aren't gorgeous like many success stories you see here, but they have always been a problem spot for me, so I'm very cool with it :) Certainly some spanx fixes everything up very nicely for tight clothes! Yay :) They'd gotten to where I hid them in everything I wore, spanx or not.
  • getcha14
    getcha14 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm laughing reading these posts as I'm thinking that's me! Sometimes feel like an upside down space hopper. :) I too have a what I call an apron belly and a caterpillar back. As the apron hangs more I reconcile myself with the fact that well, I must be losing weight. If I'm honest with myself I know I need to exercise way more to tighten everything up so that's what I'm trying to do now.
  • hisbeautifulangel
    Options
    My belly is still here after over 30bls. I have however gone from a 44DDD to a 38DDD bra size. That is 6 inches off my chest! I have also lost an inch off my neck and my double chin is almost gone. Take some measurements. My guess is that you have made some progress your still just focused on the belly. My trainer has said that that is always the last thing to go.

I take measurements and while I have lost quite a bit in the stomach I still wish it was smaller lol. I'm just worried i may always have a little saggyness to it and/or lose skin
  • hisbeautifulangel
    Options
    I'm laughing reading these posts as I'm thinking that's me! Sometimes feel like an upside down space hopper. :) I too have a what I call an apron belly and a caterpillar back. As the apron hangs more I reconcile myself with the fact that well, I must be losing weight. If I'm honest with myself I know I need to exercise way more to tighten everything up so that's what I'm trying to do now.

So glad I'm not alone. Lol I exercise quite a bit but my stomach seems to sag more and more. I don't want a saggy stomach. I mean it's better than a huge stomach that makes me look like a fat pregnant lady. (Seriously that's how I looked when I started out lol) but still I want a flat stomach! Lol
  • hisbeautifulangel
    Options
    I only tend towards apple when I'm not extra careful about the foods I love. I'm really an hourglass with large thighs and booty (a pear with bigger boobs, basically). But man can my middle grow! And it's the last to go, yes!

But I am, in fact, back to hourglass range now! Woot! My lower tummy is a bit of a problem area still, including being a little loose, but I'm sure it'll tighten up with time. My other parts that lost did. They just look a bit odd before the skin catches up. Mine's slower in doing that now that I'm over 40, but it's happening. I really do think I'm within 5 lbs of being quite happy with my lower tummy and waist. They aren't gorgeous like many success stories you see here, but they have always been a problem spot for me, so I'm very cool with it :) Certainly some spanx fixes everything up very nicely for tight clothes! Yay :) They'd gotten to where I hid them in everything I wore, spanx or not.

Yes! It's my lower stomach that's hanging and has that lose skin look. I hate it! Lol. My thighs got smaller really fast and my hips were going down at a nice rate but my stomach wasn't wanting to progress like the rest of my body lol
  • cookiekrunch
    cookiekrunch Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I am reading the posts laughing too. My triple chin is now a double chin. I have lost some of my boobs--from 42DDD to 38DDD (no loss in cup size). I have never had a booty, so no losing there!! The 1st place I noticed the weight loss was from my thighs. But oh my--that stomach!!! I have lost inches, but no matter how many crunches I do, it remains flabby. I have a muffin top. I pray for the day I can wear low rise jeans.
  • GreenBayDiva
    GreenBayDiva Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Im joining the club! I thought I was more of a fullback, or a bison. But either way. I just want a feminine shape. If you put a dress on a refrigerator it just looks wrong. I want curves. Let's do this.
  • mommadare07
    mommadare07 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Im not toally sure what an apple shape is compared to a person lol but im thinking its when you have a bigger upper body and smaller legs and butt and if so... yeah. Thats me lol.
    I just had my second child .. had one in 2012 and one in 2013 and ive lost almost 50 pounds but my belly is lose and myboobs are not anything they used to be. And pants are just impossible to fit me right.
    I feel ya pain love! I feel ya pain!!
    But we will get there! Just gotta work at it. It sucks feeling like youre not proportionate.
  • hisbeautifulangel
    Options
    I am reading the posts laughing too. My triple chin is now a double chin. I have lost some of my boobs--from 42DDD to 38DDD (no loss in cup size). I have never had a booty, so no losing there!! The 1st place I noticed the weight loss was from my thighs. But oh my--that stomach!!! I have lost inches, but no matter how many crunches I do, it remains flabby. I have a muffin top. I pray for the day I can wear low rise jeans.

Omg so I had to cave and buy a pair of oants since all mine were too big (I usually wore pants that go up to like my belly button but this time I for pants that fit at the hip) and I'm not liking my hips in these pants. They fit amazing in the thighs but my hips kinda have that muffin thing going on. Just can't win lol
  • hisbeautifulangel
    Options
    Im not toally sure what an apple shape is compared to a person lol but im thinking its when you have a bigger upper body and smaller legs and butt and if so... yeah. Thats me lol.
    I just had my second child .. had one in 2012 and one in 2013 and ive lost almost 50 pounds but my belly is lose and myboobs are not anything they used to be. And pants are just impossible to fit me right.
    I feel ya pain love! I feel ya pain!!
    But we will get there! Just gotta work at it. It sucks feeling like youre not proportionate.

That is exactly what an apple shape is. I've lost a lot of weight in my thighs and I never did have an *kitten* to begin with lol but my stomach and arms are still pretty big. I look so disproportionate lol
  • hisbeautifulangel
    Options
    Im joining the club! I thought I was more of a fullback, or a bison. But either way. I just want a feminine shape. If you put a dress on a refrigerator it just looks wrong. I want curves. Let's do this.

The day I can wear a dress without looking like I have the body of a fat man would be great lol
  • harass33
    harass33 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am 36 and a mother of an adorable, smart, spunky daughter and wife to an amazing husband.
    I have a beer belly/left over from my daughter from 2 years ago. Nagh just beer belly lol. I try to workout between 4 to 6 times a week. I am doing the Bikini Body Mommy 90 Day Challenge right now. I have done Insanity and T25 Alpha & Beta. I love life and try to have as much fun as possible while being on this Earth....then I might haunt some people when I am gone....HAHAHAHAHA

Feel free to add me as a friend if you are willing to help support!
  • EreborsPrincess
    Options

THIS!!!!

My legs look pretty good, especially with all the walking, but my midsection looks like Barney Rubble from The Flintstones.
  • klb0809
    klb0809 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for laughing I can sympathize with you all. I feel like I am shaped more like Ms. Pacman. I too am losing from the bottom up and I can tell I've lost a little in my lower stomach because my jeans are baggy there but still fit my waist.