New to the adult ADD/ADHD club. Members only

Options
1235»

Replies

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    OK please explain these APPS you are all mentioning? Are they supposed to help us concentrate?
    Oh oh! My clock app has a gazzzzzzzilion alarms set on it because I have to pick up my kids at certain times and if I didn't have an alarm I'd lose track of time. There is an alarm when it is almost time to go and another when it is time to walk out the door. My calendar also reminds me noisily when something is coming up. Just a couple handy apps

I don't have an app (aside from the Cozi app which just keeps my stuff together and sync's with the school calendar). The alarm on my phone has the ability to set several, so I use them for everything from telling me it's time to get ready for bed to cleaning up to get ready to leave work. I need to stop turning them off, though. :ohwell:

I've tried the alarms as well, and I also just turn them off. Also, my Adderall is like $45 for a 3 month supply. Back when I had good insurance it was $50 for a 3 month supply of the XR, but now my suckass insurance doesn't pay for meds until we've met the deductible, and we can't afford the XR, since both myself and my spouse take it. We get the regular Adderall, generic version. We were both on the 20mg XR, and now we do 20mg regular and just break the pill in half. Half in the AM and half around noon (or 3 depending on how many times I hit snooze or if I turn off the alarm entirely). I greatly prefer the XR but this works and is more cost effective.

The $120 is for the generic. :sad: I should check the price on the regular. Thanks for that tip!
  • wsuduce
    wsuduce Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I have had it my whole life too! I was reading through this thread and was thinkin.. . . . Hey anyone want to go ride bikes!
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    OK please explain these APPS you are all mentioning? Are they supposed to help us concentrate?
    Oh oh! My clock app has a gazzzzzzzilion alarms set on it because I have to pick up my kids at certain times and if I didn't have an alarm I'd lose track of time. There is an alarm when it is almost time to go and another when it is time to walk out the door. My calendar also reminds me noisily when something is coming up. Just a couple handy apps

I don't have an app (aside from the Cozi app which just keeps my stuff together and sync's with the school calendar). The alarm on my phone has the ability to set several, so I use them for everything from telling me it's time to get ready for bed to cleaning up to get ready to leave work. I need to stop turning them off, though. :ohwell:

I've tried the alarms as well, and I also just turn them off. Also, my Adderall is like $45 for a 3 month supply. Back when I had good insurance it was $50 for a 3 month supply of the XR, but now my suckass insurance doesn't pay for meds until we've met the deductible, and we can't afford the XR, since both myself and my spouse take it. We get the regular Adderall, generic version. We were both on the 20mg XR, and now we do 20mg regular and just break the pill in half. Half in the AM and half around noon (or 3 depending on how many times I hit snooze or if I turn off the alarm entirely). I greatly prefer the XR but this works and is more cost effective.

The $120 is for the generic. :sad: I should check the price on the regular. Thanks for that tip!

Yeah, generic XR is obscene too, but the immediate release is pretty cheap.