• lardbut1960
    lardbut1960 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    your friend is a dork, and no friend at all,
  • rachrach7595
    rachrach7595 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Facebook perpetuates bull**** IMO.
    I wouldn't even bother with having an account.
    If you have one, I would turn off the ability to be able to tag you and limit the audience of who sees photos your tagged in to only you and you can decide whether or not you share them.
    Also most decent people ask before uploading photos of other people.

Either way I would tell you friend he is an inconsiderate asshat.
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    There are some people who don't think before speaking- these people don't intend to be hurtful;then there are others who think that being honest equals being rudely blunt and caustic. Only you know which your friend is. If he's the former, you should tell him his words really upset you; if he's in the latter camp- you can either ignore and distance yourself from said asshat, or call him out on his rudeness and (hopefully) make him feel like the douche he is.

Either way, the issue is his, don't make it yours. Keep on keepin' on! :flowerforyou:
  • mjames9287
    Options
    Oh no I'd have to ***** slap somebody.
  • mjames9287
    Options
    That's interesting it bleeped out *****.
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Ouch, what a Jerk !! I cried this week as well - My Sister N Law who is turning 66 and has had 2 face lifts plus boob job - out of the blue says to me yesterday - So, what , Are you turning 64 in April this year ??Noooo , I am turning 53!! She knows very well I am only 2 years older than my brother who she is married too!! I don`t know why she blurted this out to me ? I hear people give her compliments on her looks all the time, How she looks like she never ages , etc etc, Not once does she tell anyone that she has had face lifts and boob job . I can care less about what she does to herself by just admit it already ! and leave me the hell alone! People are really jerks sometimes.

I'm guessing this isn't the first time your SIL has made some sort of comment... so next time, instead of getting upset over her rudeness, get even with a little snark. Perhaps when you're with a group of people who don't know about her "work", you can ask her for advice on who to see about a facelift? Might put her in her place.
  • KkaySteele
    KkaySteele Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness :( You don't need someone that negative in your life!!! "FRIENDS" or PEOPLE IN GENERAL shouldn't degrade others...I am so sorry that happened. Don't let that person hurt you, you are a beautiful person regardless of what they may think or say. Jealousy is an ugly thing, and that person sounds absolutely hideous!!!
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Ouch, what a Jerk !! I cried this week as well - My Sister N Law who is turning 66 and has had 2 face lifts plus boob job - out of the blue says to me yesterday - So, what , Are you turning 64 in April this year ??Noooo , I am turning 53!! She knows very well I am only 2 years older than my brother who she is married too!! I don`t know why she blurted this out to me ? I hear people give her compliments on her looks all the time, How she looks like she never ages , etc etc, Not once does she tell anyone that she has had face lifts and boob job . I can care less about what she does to herself by just admit it already ! and leave me the hell alone! People are really jerks sometimes.

I'm guessing this isn't the first time your SIL has made some sort of comment... so next time, instead of getting upset over her rudeness, get even with a little snark. Perhaps when you're with a group of people who don't know about her "work", you can ask her for advice on who to see about a facelift? Might put her in her place.

^^^

Exactly! Clown him to someone else so you do not give him the power in knowing he got to you. And keep it pushing like you been doing.
  • katesnewbody
    katesnewbody Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    That person was feeling bad about himself for some reason; lashing out at people is always symptomatic of insecurities in their own lives. Some where, he (or something in his life) doesn't quite measure up, so that ugliness comes out at times like this.

feel better soon! <3