T25...starting Monday, January 13th

Options

Replies

• alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    YAY! I've finished Alpha!

A big congratulations on finishing Alpha! Hows the beta going?
    After Day 1 of Beta I had to take a short break because of lower back pain. I'm terrible at sitting down properly and basically I injured myself while studying! I kept myself active with some walking and stretching, I hope to get back to 100% soon :)
    Core Cardio was a blast anyway. I love the new moves! :flowerforyou:

Oh no, hope you have a speedy recovery. Now I have to get thru the 3 total body circuits in week 5 so I can start beta too. Day 1 done. :smile:
  • alasin1derland
    Options
    Got thru my 2nd total body circuit in week 5. Day 3 done. Soo not looking forward to double workout Friday. But I am 1 day closer to beta workouts and after reading all the comments, I am looking forward to that.
  • rjdunn87
    rjdunn87 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Mid-way through week 4 of Beta and I've challenged myself to do double days all of this week and next… maybe. So far so good.
  • priv8dan
    Options
    Mid-way through week 4 of Beta and I've challenged myself to do double days all of this week and next… maybe. So far so good.

You go girl! Truly inspiring.
  • MadFrankie99
    MadFrankie99 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Started T25 on Monday 24th...anyone else out there stupid enough to do the same?
  • alasin1derland
    Options

Wow! And I'm complaining about Friday. lol Very Impressive!
  • rjdunn87
    rjdunn87 Posts: 385 Member
    Options

Wow! And I'm complaining about Friday. lol Very Impressive!

Haha, I never said I wasn't complaining! ;) Thank you though. Today I did Dynamic Core and ChaLEAN Extreme Burn Circuit 1, so it was still two workouts even though they weren't both T25.
  • alasin1derland
    Options
    I did my double work out this morning................... and it wasn't bad. :happy: All that's standing between me and beta is an easy Sunday stretch day. Woohoo!
  • Noli731
    Noli731 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I make it two days and then stop and start again, I like it. I just let life get in the way. I am starting tomorrow and than repeating the first two days again on Monday. I will stick to it this time.
  • gamagem
    gamagem Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone :) I'm on my second week of Beta and really prefer it to Alpha. Probably because there's strength training, which I've always preferred to cardio. Speed 2.0 is no joke, though! It was nice to feel sore again, I always get concerned when I'm not sore after working out hard, like I didn't do quite as much as I thought I did, know what I mean? The calorie burn for me in Beta is less than Alpha though (my calorie burn is lower than most for some reason, I'm usually happy to break 200 in any given workout), I'm guessing because there's less cardio overall in Beta so I'm hoping the lack of burn evens out with muscle building.

You definitely should go onto the Gamma round when you finish. Even more strength training and you will be begging for speed 2.0 when you do Speed 3.0. I have finished all of it and am now doing P90x3, which I actually like better then T25.
  • alasin1derland
    Options
    I love love love beta 2.0. Those quick changes make the workout so fast. I couldn't believe the time was up.
  • alasin1derland
    Options
    Day 3 in beta, tried the workout band and had to pause the dvd and run and grab the 10 lb weights. 247 calories burned
  • piejin
    piejin Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm in week 3 of the Beta month, and my calves have started KILLING me. Anybody else having this problem? And I don't mean in a "feeling the burn" way, I mean a bad, painful way... Not shin splints either--the back of the calves are just super worn down from T25. I've had to start doing the modified moves sometimes because my calves just hurt too much, which is embarrassing as a multi-time Insanity/P90X grad... :(
  • sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I'm in week 3 of the Beta month, and my calves have started KILLING me. Anybody else having this problem? And I don't mean in a "feeling the burn" way, I mean a bad, painful way... Not shin splints either--the back of the calves are just super worn down from T25. I've had to start doing the modified moves sometimes because my calves just hurt too much, which is embarrassing as a multi-time Insanity/P90X grad... :(
    I had this problem during first week of Alpha, I guess it's because of all the hops. Lots of careful stretching before and after the workouts did the trick. I also had to modify some of the moves.

I'm in Beta too but I admit I'm not following the schedule 100% like I did with Alpha. Spring is coming and it makes me want to get outside and RUN! I'm still following T25 for strength training. I know you're supposed to stick to the program to get the best results but I love running ;)
  • fitfan11
    fitfan11 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    W3 Day 3 - Speed 2.0

I am really enjoying Beta but I have to say that Alpha did not produce the results I was expecting. I have began a T25/Insanity hybrid workout. I am now starting to see significant results. Add me if you would like to follow me on this Hybrid journey.

BTW, Speed 2.0 is my fav workout in Beta. Can't believe the 25 minutes go by so quickly!
  • _rachel_k
    _rachel_k Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I ended up leaving T25 and switching to Arnold Schwarzenegger's encyclopedia for modern bodybuilding due to lack of results (after 8 weeks I had no change on the scale or in measurements). Fingers crossed
  • jelleigh
    jelleigh Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I've just started on Monday so I'm day 3 of Alpha. I'm getting kinda concerned about the number of people that have followed this program and haven't seen the results they were expecting. I hear that the Beta round has more significant weight loss. I'm also wondering if the people having limited results are maybe already fairly fit and need something more intense? I'm at least 40-50 lbs overweight and my family that is joining me in T25 all have at least that much to lose too. I'm afraid that they will get discouraged if they see no results since this is their first time following ANY kind of workout routine. Does anyone have some weight loss results to share or any insight into this?
    I'm 5'8" and 190 lbs. Hubby is 6'0" and 240.
  • PSB1969
    PSB1969 Posts: 2
    Options
    My husband and I started T25 and are on week 8 - Beta. It is pretty intense but you do get better and can stay caught up. I have lost about 15 pounds but no inches. That part has been frustrating! It certainly does make you sweat!

I'm 5'6" and started at 169lbs. My husband is 6'1" and started at 195lbs. We have both lost about 15 pounds but he has lost about 4 inches.
  • _rachel_k
    _rachel_k Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I've just started on Monday so I'm day 3 of Alpha. I'm getting kinda concerned about the number of people that have followed this program and haven't seen the results they were expecting. I hear that the Beta round has more significant weight loss. I'm also wondering if the people having limited results are maybe already fairly fit and need something more intense? I'm at least 40-50 lbs overweight and my family that is joining me in T25 all have at least that much to lose too. I'm afraid that they will get discouraged if they see no results since this is their first time following ANY kind of workout routine. Does anyone have some weight loss results to share or any insight into this?
    I'm 5'8" and 190 lbs. Hubby is 6'0" and 240.

I would like to lose between 30-40 lbs but I have been working out a long time and I was down to 170 but gained 25 lbs due to work stress and emotional eating. I could just have the body that doesn't respond well to cardio? We'll see how I do with strength for a few weeks.
  • MadFrankie99
    MadFrankie99 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    It could be a number of things, just working out won't make you lose weight.

To lose weight you need to be eating less calories than you use up in a day. Exercise helps in many ways, it helps to you meet your net daily calorie goal, helps you turn the fat into muscle so you look more trim and also helps you continue to burn calories while your muscles recover.

I guess you'll see more results with those that have more weight to lose as its a game of maths. If you are 200lb and you want to lose 20lb, or 10%, you would expect to see more results than someone who is 150lb and wants to lose 20lb, that's 14%.

It also depends on your body, some will be more receptive to cardio, others weights, you've just got to find what's right for you.

The reason most people recommend taking measurements as well as weighing yourself is that while you might not lose weight fr one week to the next you might find you have more muscle, (and muscle is heavier than fat), you may notice a reduction of inches on your waist etc.

If give it 3-4 weeks, maybe even the alpha phase and see how it goes, losing weight is a long game, don't expect miracles overnight and commit to it. Put a picture of you up on the wall and if you want to change use it at motivation to change.