What was your NSV this week?

Options

Replies

• suncluster
    suncluster Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    My husband told me I couldn't leave the house without wearing a belt.
    I don't have one so I am wearing his.
  • hadirk
    hadirk Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    All my close are at least 2 sizes bigger, and I'm finally out of the plus size stores and into the regular size stores.
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I fulfilled my ambition to join a dance class. My daughter started dancing 3 years ago when I saw her on stage I said to my husband I want to do that. He replied we couldn't afford it, i was too old and I didn't have time with a fulltime job and 3 kids. This month the dance school offered free lessons to parents I went last night (street dance and stomp). Loved it and signed up for lessons. They have a show in April and I have been asked to take part. I am so glad I stepped out of my comfort zone and went to class (I nearly didn't as I had no one to go with). My daughter thinks it hilarious I am attending dance class and being in the show.
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I started two-a-days! Hour of cardio in the morning and 30-40 mins of strength training with my trainer in the evening.
  • RockingGranny
    RockingGranny Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    My husband told me I couldn't leave the house without wearing a belt.
    I don't have one so I am wearing his.

THIS!!! My pants are way too loose; I have my husband's belt on right now too.
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I replaced a favorite (and terribly worn) black V neck cotton t-shirt with a size 10 cotton/elastane t-shirt that was on sale $4 instead of $8.

It was a size 10 instead of a 12 and when I put it on, my husband did a double take and told me it was "very flattering".
  • kerricus
    kerricus Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I dragged myself out of bed this morning and went to the gym even though I didn't want to. (Of course, it turned out to be great.)

I walked 20,000+ steps today. First time since I started really tracking my mileage.
  • eleanorblack
    eleanorblack Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Completed Week 4 of Couch 2 5K (which means 2 x 3minute runs and 2 x 5 minute runs in a half hour with walks in between). I loved it and I was running at my target 12/13 minute miles... Bring on Week 5!

Oh - and I had to go down a shoe size! I seem to have lost loads of weight on my feet...
  • katjabbs
    Options
    More of my clothes have been slipping off my hips or getting baggy this week. I've also noticed my workouts are getting easier so I've had to add new stuff and more reps. Oh, and I can do more jumping jacks without wanting to pass out after my workouts lol
    Losing weight used to be a chore, now I find it a lot of fun. Does that sound really lame?lol
  • Shuuma
    Shuuma Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    This week, I hit ONEderland. :drinker:

But my NSV this week is that I bought a couple of shirts three sizes smaller than I used to wear and a pair of jeans that was four sizes smaller than I used to wear. Also, my rings are so loose I'm afraid of losing them.

Keep up the good work everyone!!
  • Urban_Princess
    Urban_Princess Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Watching my 8 year old daughter cross the finish line of her first 5k race while running next to her.

The best NSV is knowing that my and my wife's lifestyle changes are leading to our daughters not needing to make any later in life.

THIS. Awesome. just awesome. I love it
  • jlshea
    jlshea Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Kind of my NSV for the month....I have walked 77 miles this month according to my Jawbone UP.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    I tried on some spring clothes and they still fit! I weigh the same as last year, (in maintenance) but am always afraid when weather gets warm they wont fit like before. My shorts, capris,skirts and that feels good.
  • cicisawah
    cicisawah Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I haven't been able to get my wedding ring off for a couple of years and I can now!
  • grapefruithero
    grapefruithero Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm using the very last hole on my belt now. I'm going to have to buy a new one soon! And I bought a pair of pants about two weeks ago that were VERY snug and I had to wiggle around a bit to get them over my thighs (they were on sale, I couldn't resist). Now they fit perfectly and might be my new favorite pair.
  • anewdesign
    anewdesign Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Watching my 8 year old daughter cross the finish line of her first 5k race while running next to her.

The best NSV is knowing that my and my wife's lifestyle changes are leading to our daughters not needing to make any later in life.

this is amazing.
    i am not a mother - but someday i plan to be. and i know that i cant be the same mother that mine was, or my kids will have the same issues i do. time to make the change for real - and not just for my life, but for the life (lives) i could bring into the world. hopefully, a healthier, happier world.

my NSV i guess i going grocery shopping yesterday and not buying any of the typical snack/delicious/terrible/high calorie things that i used to. i went with a list and three meals planned - and thats what i bought.
  • Amwhite1986
    Amwhite1986 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I realized last week I can cross my legs properly. Previously the leg crossed over would try to slide down the knee it was resting on cause I was too big for them to cross properly.

This week when I sat on my bed changing, I glanced up at the mirror and realized I had no rolls while sitting. There's a slight crease line at my belly button level, but nothing folds in. I don't think this has ever happened before in my adult life. I'm still in shock.
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Blood pressure and blood sugar (still) low normal!
  • callyart
    callyart Posts: 209
    Options
    Fitted in to a size 14 (UK) dress that wasn't stretchy! I bought it to work into, but when I tried it on it already fitted me, so happy :D
  • Fivepts
    Fivepts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I fulfilled my ambition to join a dance class. My daughter started dancing 3 years ago when I saw her on stage I said to my husband I want to do that. He replied we couldn't afford it, i was too old and I didn't have time with a fulltime job and 3 kids. This month the dance school offered free lessons to parents I went last night (street dance and stomp). Loved it and signed up for lessons. They have a show in April and I have been asked to take part. I am so glad I stepped out of my comfort zone and went to class (I nearly didn't as I had no one to go with). My daughter thinks it hilarious I am attending dance class and being in the show.

This one's my favorite. Thanks!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!