MY PERIOD IS RUINING MY PROGRESS

Options

Replies

• ClaudiaTheNice
    Options
    I had half of a large meat lovers pizza for dinner tonight. For anyone wondering, no, it did not fit my macros/calories.
    My brain said no, but my uterus said "yes please, and add some olives".

Does anyone know if it's okay to freeze pizza? I doubt i'll feel like eating the other half tomorrow.

Cut into portion size, wrap in cling wrap and put it in the freezer. Reheat on a skillet.
  • OllyReeves
    OllyReeves Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    How much are you trying to lose?
    How much are eating daily?
    Can you make your diary public?

I many ladies on my FL who have lost TONS of weight...I think they still get their period every month....

Do they? And you know that how?

I suspect most of those ladies on your friends list are probably better versed on this subject than you......
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Is this real life?
  • Greytfish
    Options
    Yes, every woman is different and the fact that I have seen this topic turn up more times than I can count, suggests that cravings during that time of the month are more the norm, rather than the exception.

Or, you know, the fact that if you live in the developed world, we blame all unwanted behavior on "hormones" and that "time of the month" because somehow, if it's unavoidable, then it's socially ok to be short with people, overeat, not exercise, fail to meet obligations and otherwise engage in behavior that we couldn't easily excuse.

Your period is not a free pass or an excuse. Like the girls who skipped gym class a week every month in middle school, all it does is embolden the rest of the population to not take you seriously, and worse, to not take other women seriously.

Eat badly, treat others badly, exercise, don't exercise, but don't blame your hormones or your uterus - neither are running the show. Your brain runs the show, and it makes choices. Own them.
  • JrNationQueen88
    JrNationQueen88 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Honestly it doesn't sound like you really over indulged. You still sound like you're on track for a good weight loss count.
    As for what to do, try what I do: chew gum. Just the chewing can fool the mind into thinking you're "eating", and you won't ruin your diet. :)

If that doesn't work, just eat produce (apples, carrots, bananas (good for cramps), etc.). They're lower in caloric content, and good for the body for the fiber/roughage and are good for the hair, skin & nails too (added bonus).

Good luck!
  • bcolvin1259
    Options
    image-3.jpg

Mean? Maybe. But seriously?
  • licorice_tea
    licorice_tea Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Or, you know, the fact that if you live in the developed world, we blame all unwanted behavior on "hormones" and that "time of the month" because somehow, if it's unavoidable, then it's socially ok to be short with people, overeat, not exercise, fail to meet obligations and otherwise engage in behavior that we couldn't easily excuse.

Your period is not a free pass or an excuse. Like the girls who skipped gym class a week every month in middle school, all it does is embolden the rest of the population to not take you seriously, and worse, to not take other women seriously.

Eat badly, treat others badly, exercise, don't exercise, but don't blame your hormones or your uterus - neither are running the show. Your brain runs the show, and it makes choices. Own them.

While it's true that perhaps 40% of women (not the majority or all!) have used their period as an excuse (http://jezebel.com/5953440/almost-40-of-women-use-their-period-as-an-excuse-to-get-out-of-lame-things), there's no way for a stranger to know the actual medical status of any given women. Words like "PMS" are indeed thrown around lightheartedly, but it's also true PMS, PMDD, and other menstrual disorders are actual medical syndromes that can have severe symptomology and that many suffer deeply with them. I'm an optimist, so I prefer to give the benefit of the doubt :)
  • pinktoesjb
    pinktoesjb Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Boring troll seeks extra exposure by use of word 'period' in header. Yawn.
  • bcolvin1259
    Options
    How old are you? How much weight are you attempting to lose? Are there any other issues besides your cycle? Maybe you should allow the masses to see what your daily intake is. What food you are eating, how much water you are drinking and how much exercise you are doing. Do not use the cycle as an excuse, if you need to have a few extra calories during that time do so and move on.
  • bcolvin1259
    Options
    I had half of a large meat lovers pizza for dinner tonight. For anyone wondering, no, it did not fit my macros/calories.

Does anyone know if it's okay to freeze pizza? I doubt i'll feel like eating the other half tomorrow.

Never tried but should freeze great, since tey do sell it frozen too... Bread freezes beautifully so I think pizza is no exception.

OP disappeared... It seems to me it was just another "Call for reassurance" thread but the sheer diminutiveness of what she said she ate that day is what worries me.
  • my2kin04
    my2kin04 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You would probably pass out if you saw what I ate during PMS time...nothing stops me from craving chocolate!
  • lizzumsbb
    Options
    "You're going to have periods for the rest of your life"

..you're aware women DON'T have periods their entire lives and hit menopause right?

But yeah. I always feel so, so hungry on my period. I increase my intake of water and eat more at maintance, admittedly I'll have one or two days where I eat above because it's GIVE ME CHOCOLATE OR I'LL STAB YOUR FACE which we all know is high calorie and not at all filling... But that's MY fault. Down to me, no one else. Admittedly I get it bad to the point I literally can not move and I'm in tears (stomach ulcers and period pains anyone? WORST pain I've ever felt... so in comparison, normal periods are tolerable) but I try to keep going but it IS difficult. Everyone is different. I have a pain disorder and /that/ is more my excuse than my period. (They thought I had PCOS or Endo or something because of the pain levels) When I was younger and before I was hit with it, yeah, I was in pain, grouchy, but I got on with it, I did P.E and kept going with my life. At the end of the day, it's down to you as to what you do and how you deal with it. No one else. If you use it as an excuse, fine, but it's you that chose to not shove it in a box with willpower. Sometimes easier said than done for sure.
  • bcolvin1259
    Options
    I am concerned about what she has eaten as well.
  • Greytfish
    Options

While it's true that perhaps 40% of women (not the majority or all!) have used their period as an excuse (http://jezebel.com/5953440/almost-40-of-women-use-their-period-as-an-excuse-to-get-out-of-lame-things), there's no way for a stranger to know the actual medical status of any given women. Words like "PMS" are indeed thrown around lightheartedly, but it's also true PMS, PMDD, and other menstrual disorders are actual medical syndromes that can have severe symptomology and that many suffer deeply with them. I'm an optimist, so I prefer to give the benefit of the doubt :)

PMS is not a disorder. PMDD is a disorder, but for those who suffer from it, eating is commonly the last thing on their minds. Early in college I helped with a study on women with PMDD and most of them had more trouble keeping food down/in and in being able to function at all outside of bed. They certainly weren't roving about complaining and using it as an excuse.

Personally, I've dealt with much of the spectrum of female gynecological malaise. I would never demean that or women that truly suffer by claiming my period made me behave a certain way and interestingly, neither did any of those women.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    :huh: :huh: :huh:
  • beamer0821
    beamer0821 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    like others have posted your period is a fact of your life so you are going need to know how to manage during those times. maybe instead of feeling like a bottomless pit let up on your calorie restrictions for those two days but still in a controlled manner, not eating a dozen cereal bars =)

good luck trial and error!
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I'm so hungry becuase of my period that I just ate a bowl of raisins and granola. For dinner all I had was some chicken, a small salad with light ranch dressing and water. I've barely eaten much but cereal bars today so will this set me back? I've been doing so well I just get so hungry when I'm on it. PLEASE HELP IM GOING CRAZY

What are you trying to do to lose weight. Cereal bars are not a complete source of nutrition for a human being. I eat at least 1600 calories a day and have lost over 150 pounds. I get my period every single month.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    This is why women shouldn't be in the military!!!!
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options

Never tried but should freeze great, since tey do sell it frozen too... Bread freezes beautifully so I think pizza is no exception.

OP disappeared... It seems to me it was just another "Call for reassurance" thread but the sheer diminutiveness of what she said she ate that day is what worries me.

It freezes awesomely. The best way to reheat it, imho, is to microwave it on 50% power till it's not frozen any more, than slap that baby in a dry cast iron skillet over low heat till the bottom recrisps, and the cheese is all melty and gooey. Tastes as good as fresh, or better.
  • joolywooly33
    joolywooly33 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    No you are ruining your progress, you are making excuses!