Any 5'4 135-140 pound females trying to lose 10-12 pounds?

Options

Replies

• shosh413
    shosh413 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Guys WATER and your FOOD CHOICES IS KEYY!!

I was doing mostly things right but wasn't losing anything, then i decided to log my water and the first night i was bloated like crazy and but the second day it went down, then for 2 more days i drank 6-7 glasses of water and the next day i finally lost that pound i haven't lost in so long!!!! Make sure you're logigin ur water!!

Also. try to stay away from white bread, white flour, stuff like that. I def see myself feeling better, and looking better.. its ok in moderation obviously but ur diet should consist of food choices that are pure... I know this sounds like common sense but buying whole wheat instead of white pasta can, at least I think, be the difference of you losing weight..

I only lost a pound so far by doing this.(after not losing it for like a month).. but i thought i'd let u guys know !!
  • shosh413
    Options
    PS im 5"4 and 141!
  • Lainny21
    Lainny21 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm 140, trying to get to 127-130. I'm keeping my calories intake between 1400-1500. I exercise on a regular basis. Any other ideas on how to lose the 10 pounds?
  • mumreeder
    mumreeder Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 too and currently weigh 140 - I have lost 14lbs which seemed to take forever - but want to lose another 7 or so. I have recently upped my cals to just over 1500 (was at 1200 then 1300 for months then I plateaued) - the weight is now coming off again - only half pound per week but then when there isn't too much left to lose it will come off slower. Feel free to add me - we can try to do it together!
  • shosh413
    Options
    bumpp
  • maui637
    maui637 Posts: 4
    Options
    Bump
  • alison590
    alison590 Posts: 61
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and stuck at 130. Trying to lose at least 10 pounds
  • alison590
    alison590 Posts: 61
    Options
    Oh and please add me!
  • bgillam5
    bgillam5 Posts: 2
    Options
    Sorry, but it is kind of nice reading all of these posts and seeing I am definitely not alone. I started at 142.5, I am 5'4.5". I lost 9 lbs and for the last 2 weeks nothing has happened. No loss (occasionally seeing a little gain. My goal is 120 or less by my 20 year wedding anniversary in May. I have not been really eating back my exercise calories and from everyone's wonderful posts I have decided that I definitely need to start doing that asap. I had been considering increasing my calories. I started exercising 5 to 6 times a week around the same time I started using this app.

Thank you all for posting :)
  • shosh413
    Options
    Hey everyone! I upped my calories to 2200 and do resistant training 4 days a week- the pounds started coming off quickly! I really think everyone should try reading the "in place of a road map forum" and think about upping ur cals if your not losing!

I'm 5"5 and 146 now (i was 140 but then kept fluctuating) but now it seems to be really coming off and not fake coming off lol
  • lexlyn14
    lexlyn14 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Hi girls...I am 5 ft 4 1/2 and weigh 130 trying to lose 10 pounds...It is hard when there is not that much weight to lose it is like the body wants to hold on to it...
  • viviyueyue
    Options
    Hi all, this thread seems to be dead but I figured I'd reply and see if anyone else would join in.
    I'm 5'4 and 140 pounds. I' dropped from 195 Ib to 140 lb in the past two years but then stuck at this weight (140-145 lb) for almost 8 months now and I'm really frustrated. I have added exercise to my daily routine (40-50 minutes per day, everyday, doing gazelle slide), been at it for about a month now and haven't dropped a single pound..
    Anyone has any successful story to share?
  • Shriffee
    Shriffee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 5'5" :wink: but I started a couple years ago at 142 and got down to 125. I'm currently around 129 and trying to get to 125. For me it's hardest breaking the 130's and getting below is sooo HARD. I had to constantly change what I was doing last time to get there. For instance, I started interval training with running. I stopped eating anything carbs past 7. If I had a snack it had to be nuts. I can't remember all what I did, but It was tough. I'm not sure I'm so disciplined this time, but I'm going to try!
  • viviyueyue
    Options
    I had to constantly change what I was doing last time to get there. For instance, I started interval training with running.

Thanks for sharing! I think 130 is pretty fit and healthy for a 5'5 girl, maybe that's why you had such a hard time breaking it?
    I was down from 195 to 140 quite smoothly but then I just got stuck in 140-145 range. So I decided added 40-50 minutes exercise to my daily routine about a month ago when I realized I needed something to boost up my diet process, no result so far which is really discouraging.. :( Hopefully I will start seeing results soon..
  • nreuter1
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and 138, my goal weight is 130. Weight loss is always slower when you're very near your goal anyway, but that's a good thing because you're less likely to put it all back on. Also although I do want to lose a bit of excess fat, my main focus is on strength and toning and general fitness. I really recommend strength training because you don't neccessarily lose weight but it defo changes your body shape (everything gets tighter!).
  • lindsayomalley
    lindsayomalley Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and high 140s - want to get down to 130.
  • bumblebeez86
    bumblebeez86 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4'' started 1st Jan at 149 down to 140 now but want to lose another 10 - 15lbs. Seems to get harder the lower you get on the scale. In for the advice myself... also Good Luck
  • bkw99508
    bkw99508 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I can't really add anything to this post. I just wanted to say that sitting here at 178.....140 sounds like a dream.
  • auburngirl06
    auburngirl06 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4'' and currently 142. I started at 190 a few years ago then had a baby and started back about a month ago at 147. My goal weight is 135 ish I think. I have my goals set to lose 1/2 a week and am making sure to NET my BMR every day. So on days I'm working out I'm eating close to 1700 calories. Seems to be working for me so far.
  • MemphisHellFire
    MemphisHellFire Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    im 5'3 and 141 trying to get to 125ish, i do a lot of training and dont drink and eat very clean. i lost some weight recently but iv stalled, i eat around 1300-1500 depending on how much training i do and my average cardio session plus walking round all day can burn around 1500, iv been told to eat more but it just doesn't feel right!