are egg yolks bad????

Options
is it really necessary to throw away a good egg yolk? is there any research done that proves that egg yolks are bad? does the egg white has all the nutrients really?? Please inform.

Replies

• ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    No, egg yolks are actually pretty healthy. They're higher in calories than egg whites. But as long as you account for the calories it's fine.
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I :heart: the yolks it makes me said when people only eat the whites, I want all the protein . No reason to cut them out unless your doctor has advised you to .
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    yes they are. I saw several egg yolks robbing a bank the other day. It's terrible. Something needs to be done!

serious answer: no. eat the yolks if you want to, unless there is a medical reason for you not to
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    yes they are. I saw several egg yolks robbing a bank the other day. It's terrible. Something needs to be done!

serious answer: no. eat the yolks if you want to, unless there is a medical reason for you not to

well, those were just bad eggs.
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    bad-eggs.gif
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    No, egg yolks are actually pretty healthy. They're higher in calories than egg whites. But as long as you account for the calories it's fine.

Yes, one of the few foods that have the amino acid that fights bad cholesterol (won't find it in the whites)
    "University of Connecticut study that showed that a group of men in the study that ate 3 eggs per day for 12 weeks while on a reduced carb, higher fat diet increased their HDL good cholesterol by 20%, while their LDL bad cholesterol stayed the same during the study. However, the group that ate egg substitutes (egg whites) saw no change in either and did not see the improvement in good cholesterol (remember that higher HDL levels are associated with lower risk of heart disease) that the whole egg eaters did. "
  • CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    No! The yolks contain most of the nutirition. To keep the calories down, it's really good to have some whole eggs and some just whites, like in an omelete maybe 2 whole eggs, 2 egg whites. Whatever. Egg yolk got a bad rep with cholesterol, but as far as I know it contains the good kind of cholesterol (I guess there are two kinds). Everything in moderation.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Egg yolks are yummy, especially sunny side up where you can dip your toast into the yolk
  • erinstokes2
    Options
    You should read "The Wheat Belly" book...It's all about how what people think are "bad" aren't ...The book focuses on how grains can throw off your weight loss. I have increased my dairy and eat a hardboiled egg for breakfast 2-3 times a week. These are the weeks I see the most weight loss.
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Aw, it would make for the world's most depressing spaghetti carbonara...
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I love eggs. I believe they are good at heart.
  • kjo9692
    kjo9692 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Only if you have high cholesterol and eat way too many eggs. I've read somewhere that if you DO have issues with cholesterol you can have like four eggs a week or something (which is so little :sad: makes me feel bad for people with high cholesterol).
  • joan23_us
    joan23_us Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    is it really necessary to throw away a good egg yolk? is there any research done that proves that egg yolks are bad? does the egg white has all the nutrients really?? Please inform.

too much of everything is bad. ALL IN MODERATION IS GOOD, if you are within your fat intake limits for the day enjoy and eat it, once a day is perfectly fine.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    This again... NO, they are not bad, they are nutritious and tasty. ESPECIALLY duck eggs!!
  • LiftHeavyWeights
    LiftHeavyWeights Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    The whole egg is the most complete protein. Eggs are great. In the 1980s people put raw eggs into protein drinks instead of protein powder.
  • ekztawas
    ekztawas Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I feel sad when people don't eat egg yolks.

GastonEggs.gif
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options

^^^This. There are plenty of micro nutrients in the yolks that you can't get in the whites. Nothing at all wrong with them. If the fat doesn't fit your macros just have one or two with your whites for the benefit of both.
  • breahremington
    Options
    bad-eggs.gif

dying.
  • KariBear7
    KariBear7 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    The yolk of the egg actually contains 14 vitamins and minerals that essential to HUMAN BRAIN FUNCTION! So yes...unless you have a personal issue with cholestrol (which I still dont blame eggs for anyway) then I would highly recommend you take advantage of the brain power that little yellow yolk can give you!!!