What do YOU do on rest day?

Options

Replies

• cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Ha! Laughing at all the "yoga on day off"! Yoga is all I do six days a week so my day of rest is mostly food prep and actual rest. :)
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    Take a Hike!

And for me temperature doesn't matter, I've got all the cold weather gear to make any hike comfortable and warm!

Lol I have all the cold weather gear I need too but -15 to -25 windchills is just a LITTLE too cold for me :)
  • ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Netflix. :)
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Yoga or rock climbing, mainly because my rest day is the only full day the boy has off. We like running around and being active, I also try and get all my groceries ect in that day as well :)
  • maria_stafeler
    Options
    Reading, laying on coach wit my dog and cat
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Hot yoga
  • rayzerwolf
    rayzerwolf Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Food prep, cook, eat, and go shooting. Although there is some exercise involved walking to the shooting bench because I cant drive my car in, then we shoot balloons when its windy so I have to go pick up all the pieces cause partner never wears his boots. Snow is waist deep in some drifts but that's not exercise that's just going out having fun.
  • NaomiLyn15
    NaomiLyn15 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I used to shop and cook for the week. But, its snowboarding season, so now I snowboard. I basically don't get a rest day lately.
  • AHack3
    AHack3 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I usually walk, but I know you said you can't do that, but I also do things like stretching, yoga, Wii fit, cleaning house, yard work, washing my car. Depending on the weather, what I feel like doing or what needs to be done. Sometimes it is just literally resting and being lazy watching movies all day, but I still try to eat right and drink my water.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    As little as possible.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Take a Hike!

And for me temperature doesn't matter, I've got all the cold weather gear to make any hike comfortable and warm!

Lol I have all the cold weather gear I need too but -15 to -25 windchills is just a LITTLE too cold for me :)

At those temps i break out the balaclava and ski googles to keep me completly covered, and may just make my hike a shorter one. Although i love the cold!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    no rest day for me
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    When I was an athlete in college our rest days consisted of 2-4 mile runs and 2-4 mile swims. Compared to normal workout days, 4-8 miles (a couple hours) of working out WAS a rest!

Now I catch up on all the Netflix shows I haven't seen & eat popcorn :)
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    no rest day for me

This
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    What is this "rest" you speak of?
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I do yoga or go for a walk.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    Options
    Rest day?

If I do take a recovery day I'll do something low impact and low intensity......go for a walk, take a leisurely bike ride etc
  • morty1966
    morty1966 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Yoga or binge watch TV. Just finished House of Cards.

OMG I'm half way through series 2 episode 4 - the interview. It's so good.
  • greatful4grace
    greatful4grace Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Maybe just some stretching excercises. and finishing a project you ve been putting off. Wish they counted the calories for stretching you know you burn something doing it.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,522 Member
    Options
    Cook and eat
    This. What people don't realize is the body REBUILDS on rest days and not on the day that you exercise (unless you're doing split sessions). Wouldn't it make sense to nutritiously fortify the rebuilding process?

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition