When You Eat Crap Do You Feel Crappy The Next Day

Options
2»

Replies

• Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I've been noticing this a lot. I do an aggressive workout, I push my body hard, and I keep track of my progress weekly to make sure I keep growing and keep succeeding.

What I've noticed is the one or two weeks when I go off my usual eating. Usually I'm a green vegetable, lean protein, occasional pasta and bread type person, probably 50% carbs, 30% protein, and 20% fat on average, I drink 1 to 2 gallons of water a day. . Sometimes, after like let's say, a party. Where I won't necessarily eat over my calories, but, instead of water, I'll have a can or two of soda. Instead of lean protein, I'll have a good deal of fat and "crap" (for lack of a better word)--pizza, dips, refined carbs like chips, and more.

The next day or two of workouts, I'm completely sluggish. Where I might do 100 push-ups, I'll do 65 push-ups, I'll be drenched in sweat even more, and exhausted instead of revitalized.

Anyone else notice this?

Yes I get the same way.
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    When I eat crappy, I feel crappy almost instantly. It is like my body knows that junk is not good.

Then I have "Eater's Remorse"!!

:embarassed:

^ this^
  • jim9097
    jim9097 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    When I eat crappy, I feel crappy almost instantly. It is like my body knows that junk is not good.

Then I have "Eater's Remorse"!!

^^^^^^^^

This! I don't get the eaters remorse, but my body almost instantly wants to go to hybernation mode. I get lethargic and lose all motivation... I can't stand that feeling!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I eat junk food almost on a daily basis, but if I eat something way out of the ordinary, like 4 pieces of papa john's or something, then the next day I feel BRUISED to the touch all over my body. It's really strange, but I asked my pals on here and a few said they have the same thing. I think it's the sodium, because I generally keep around 2000 mg of sodium per day but I'm not sure.
  • sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I eat "crap" on the weekends and feel awesome about it, but I also realize not everyone is a pro at making poor food choices like I am. :bigsmile:
    hey, I'm a pro too!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Depends on what it is, and how much of it I have.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I've been noticing this a lot. I do an aggressive workout, I push my body hard, and I keep track of my progress weekly to make sure I keep growing and keep succeeding.

What I've noticed is the one or two weeks when I go off my usual eating. Usually I'm a green vegetable, lean protein, occasional pasta and bread type person, probably 50% carbs, 30% protein, and 20% fat on average, I drink 1 to 2 gallons of water a day. . Sometimes, after like let's say, a party. Where I won't necessarily eat over my calories, but, instead of water, I'll have a can or two of soda. Instead of lean protein, I'll have a good deal of fat and "crap" (for lack of a better word)--pizza, dips, refined carbs like chips, and more.

The next day or two of workouts, I'm completely sluggish. Where I might do 100 push-ups, I'll do 65 push-ups, I'll be drenched in sweat even more, and exhausted instead of revitalized.

Anyone else notice this?

I think it's less about the food and more about the lack of water. You have many variables at play here, a.) working out, b.) eating differently and c.) not being hydrated. Hydration is the most telling and most important. I'd even wonder if your sleep is affected by, say, a party.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mc7ffkMW4A1rrlbkp.gif

Most people consider my food choices "crap", so there's that.
  • SouthPawSings
    SouthPawSings Posts: 54 Member
    Options

This!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I've never eaten crap before. I imagine that feces is full of bacteria and could cause disease, right? Eww!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    Define crap. And for me, I never feel crappy. Maybe a little regret, but never crappy. At least with regret I have an option to at least try to counter the calories with some extra physical activity.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Nope; as firstsip suggested, for me a party and dehydration may well cause that sort of issue.
    I often eat a pizza with extra lean meat, onion and low-fat mozzarella as my post-workout meal.
    Protein, carbs and some fat - lots of calories in the right proportions. Washed down with a coke zero. Often with some ice cream and cake later - especially if I've been for a run and have lots of calories to fill up.
    (I may also have some salad with it, but not always.)
    No different to if I have something the 'clean' people may consider more acceptable.
    I've never eaten crap before. I imagine that feces is full of bacteria and could cause disease, right? Eww!
    Soon to be found in your sausages!
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/sausages-made-with-baby-poo-are-completely-normal-and-super-healthy-say-scientists-9153895.html
    :)
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Yep, always leaves me feeling bloated, lethargic and generally sick
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Nope; as firstsip suggested, for me a party and dehydration may well cause that sort of issue.
    I often eat a pizza with extra lean meat, onion and low-fat mozzarella as my post-workout meal.
    Protein, carbs and some fat - lots of calories in the right proportions. Washed down with a coke zero. Often with some ice cream and cake later - especially if I've been for a run and have lots of calories to fill up.
    (I may also have some salad with it, but not always.)
    No different to if I have something the 'clean' people may consider more acceptable.
    Soon to be found in your sausages!
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/sausages-made-with-baby-poo-are-completely-normal-and-super-healthy-say-scientists-9153895.html
    :)

Double eww!