Weight Gainers: Week 1

13»

Replies

• chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    haha, posted from my phone and couldn't be bothered calculating to pounds for you guys. Just believe me :P
  • YeaILift
    YeaILift Posts: 580 Member
    Don't forget to get your measurements in tonight.

Today,
    Deadlift 200x6
    Squat 190x6

I was so happy. My hands kept slipping on my DL though and i don't think my squat was quite parallel. There was a little tweak in my left knee so I am going to really have to watch my form from now on.
  • chrisdavey
    measurements every week? I'll just per month I think. I do BF every week though. 3mm chest, 9mm abs, 7mm thigh, same as last week but dropped from 79.6kg to 79.1kg. Did a lot of BJJ training this week (4 sessions) so maybe that's why.
  • Bench Press: 105
    Shoulder Press: 70
    Barbell Curl: 60

I'm gonna try starting my squats and dead lifts again tomorrow. Hope for the best!
  • YeaILift
    measurements every week? I'll just per month I think. I do BF every week though. 3mm chest, 9mm abs, 7mm thigh, same as last week but dropped from 79.6kg to 79.1kg. Did a lot of BJJ training this week (4 sessions) so maybe that's why.

Just weight and 1RM for each exercise. Got all of yours besides Hang Cleans, Chris

i.e.,
    Week 1
    1RMs
    Barbell Curl: 99
    Shoulder Press: 120
    Bench Press: 156
    Squat: 228
    Deadlift 240
    Weight: 162.4
  • whyflysouth
    whyflysouth Posts: 308 Member
    Ok. So I went light this week so as to note aggravate my arm any longer. Trying to figure out what the ailment is exactly. It's some overuse injury and it almost seems to be both the bicep and the forearm, there seems to be swelling near the elbow...

Oh, I read on the internet that lat pulls are not as good as pull-ups... so I tried pullups this week - I guess you could alternate pull-ups with Lat pull.

Using this site to calculate 1rm: http://www.exrx.net/Calculators/OneRepMax.html

Pullups/Lat Pull: 159 x 7 (191 1rm)
    Bench: 135 x 8 (168 1rm)
    Squat: 95 x 10 (127 1rm) - didn't try to push it as my back was bothering me on that day.
    Lateral Raise: 30 x 10 (40 1rm)

So...improvements in everything but the squats, I did something to my back yesterday - I've got a really active 3 yr old son who's build like a linebacker (my other kids are skinny, this one isn't fat but built broad and strong - it's funny his deltoids are more pronounced than mine) and he's either always climbing on me or I'm picking him up and messing with him. After a long drive in the midday I bent over to pick him up put him on my shoulders and my lower back just tightened up and I've been sore there since.

Once my back gets better I'm gonna incorporate deadlifts into my routine as well. Maybe need to work on the lower back, and definitely need to stretch more often.

Weight: Fluctuating, two days ago was 159.4, yesterday was 158.8, timing is the same, early in the morning after waking and bathroom...so it's your call, maybe keep it at 159.
  • chrisdavey
    aah ok. I am 79.1kg today but I haven't done hang cleans so my 1rm is the same :)

I can't test 1rm's every week! I'll be dead :P
  • YeaILift
    aah ok. I am 79.1kg today but I haven't done hang cleans so my 1rm is the same :)

I can't test 1rm's every week! I'll be dead :P

Just give me your best set and I'll put it in one of the RM formulas. I don't think the formulas are that accurate, but it will at least show growth.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/139460-weight-gainers-week-2
  • chrisdavey
    60x5. Calc said 68. I'm going to try for 70 next time :P
  • musclebuilder
    musclebuilder Posts: 324 Member
    So I guess this is week 2. I struggled on deadlifts yesterday morning. I was unable to improve a rep and the weight felt heavier then it did the week before, It was frustrating. I was bothered by it all day and by the time my pm WO rolled around I was raring to go. And I had an excellent heavy upper WO. I beat several previous best lifts from my last training cycle and even hit a PR on flat db presses of 130lbx5 and I was pumped afterwards! tweaked my knee a bit on heavy calf raises yesterday morning but managed to work around it. hopefully next week I can do better on Deadlifts.
  • Way to go on your upper body workout man!! You'll get those deadlifts next time! By the way, here's the link to the Week 2 topic:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/139460-weight-gainers-week-2
This discussion has been closed.