Is there anything lamer than hearing guys talk about beer?

Options

Replies

• Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Strong zombie thread bump.

Right?

Also I couldn't agree more. I like beer. Regular, boring old light beer. Or maybe a Yuengling because they're local.

But all this hipster heifweizen stout fruity summer chocolate ale...:yawn: Most of it tastes like *kitten*. It's just some trendy bull****. I'll be sitting at the bar with the old dudes, ordering a draft of whatever and adding a touch of salt.

Craft beers are like gourmet food. Some brewers are masters. Others kinda suck. And I'm willing to spend the rest of my life discovering the good ones, one cold brew at a time. While you pour salt in a watered-down version of some post-prohibition, mass-marketed swill, I'll take my chances with those silly hipsters.

:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    Strong zombie thread bump.

Right?

Also I couldn't agree more. I like beer. Regular, boring old light beer. Or maybe a Yuengling because they're local.

But all this hipster heifweizen stout fruity summer chocolate ale...:yawn: Most of it tastes like *kitten*. It's just some trendy bull****. I'll be sitting at the bar with the old dudes, ordering a draft of whatever and adding a touch of salt.

Craft beers are like gourmet food. Some brewers are masters. Others kinda suck. And I'm willing to spend the rest of my life discovering the good ones, one cold brew at a time. While you pour salt in a watered-down version of some post-prohibition, mass-marketed swill, I'll take my chances with those silly hipsters.

:drinker: :flowerforyou:

Ditto. Same for finding great wines. Bourbon and scotch are a bit easier.

Off to light up a Cubano and talk hops . . .
  • luvmydog2
    luvmydog2 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Beer in a saucer ... snails love it ...crawl in and drown ...:flowerforyou:
  • Alehmer
    Alehmer Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    All relative. I feel like this when I hear anyone talk about any major sport. Especially when they completely personalize it, IE "Man, we totally beat you guys last night!" Yeah, buddy, you should be very proud of how you bravely turned on the TV and had a beer. Yeah, get invested in your team, have fun, but their accomplishments are not yours.

Whatever interests you bores others to tears. Anybody here want to get in an animated discussion about Jiu Jitsu, Starcraft, or sports cars? Yeah, I know that 98% of you don't care and that doesn't bother me.

It only really goes over the line when they judge you as a person for not liking what they like or keep going on and on to people who have told them to be quiet about it.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Options
    Beer is for people who aren't grown up enough to drink bourbon.

What do you do with this conundrum?

Unknown_zpsafe5c9e8.jpeg

It also comes in stout. You know, for hipsters.
  • triciaj66
    triciaj66 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Keg stand!!!!!
  • EuroDivas
    EuroDivas Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    hearing them talk about cars
  • OverDoIt
    OverDoIt Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Even better is watching them drink beer and then act like idiots.
  • IWILLBelieveAchieveInspire
    Options
    I couldn't resist. lol

guess my picture didn't work ;(
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    NO, what is lame is guys talking about the 4 touchdowns they made in high school football like it was somehow written in a Greatest Sports Moments in history book.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    :angry:
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    NO, what is lame is guys talking about the 4 touchdowns they made in high school football like it was somehow written in a Greatest Sports Moments in history book.

lol that is probably when they "peaked."
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    bp_2xstout1.png
    So good!

Anything by:
    ohiobeer-03.jpg
  • DaWayne360
    DaWayne360 Posts: 261 Member
    Options

lol that is probably when they "peaked."

Then I started drinking beer and it all went down hill from there :sad:
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Beer is good.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Options
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I'm a girl, and I love beer. I love craft beer. I love some mass market beers. Let's talk about beer.