Hi got on my bike and lost 65lb

Options
started cycling 1st of august 2013 ,also stopped eating junk food and watching portion sizes ,7lb till target weight.
had not been on a bike for 30 years so it was hard at first only done a few mile to start then built it up ,now planning to cycle to work at least 2 or 3 days a week 24 mile round trip.logging all my food now and allowing myself the odd treat :smile:

Replies

• sltaylor94
    Options
    Man, I need to buy myself a bike!
  • mel5580
    mel5580 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    That is awesome...congrats on your success and healthy lifestyle changes :smile:
  • SbetaK
    SbetaK Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Mine was stolen! Will be awhile before I can get another one. Amazing job
    well done!
  • djs2303
    djs2303 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing, well done pal :)
  • jigsaw_me
    jigsaw_me Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Great work!
  • Abakan
    Abakan Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Well done you.
    I love my bike and have got several cycling/camping weekends planed for this summer.
  • prettyface55
    prettyface55 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Thats so awesome!!! Very well done!!
  • TayNLansNGraysDad
    TayNLansNGraysDad Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Great job! I live in the sticks, so I have to ride a recumbent bike!
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Applause! WTG!
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean, my hubby talked me into getting a bike and it really was not my thing but then I started losing weight and began to love it! Nothing like biking on the nice spring days coming up! I didn't expect to lose weight from biking but it worked! We have a greenway here (nice bike path in Virginia). We just got them from Walmart, nothing fancy but you really don't need anything fancy.
  • jeffpettis
    jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Oops... Sorry... I misread your title. I read "I got "high" on my bike and lost 65lb"

My bad.

Carry on!!!

:wink: Congrats!
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    You can find bikes cheaply at thrift stores, craigs lists, newspapers, etc. That's where I got mine.
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    and if he GETS HIGH ON HIS BIKE that's fabulous. I bet he feels that way!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Awesome work! =)
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I wish I could do that. We have been living in the arctic, or so it seems. 3 weeks till spring. Congrats on your success.
  • littlekitty3
    littlekitty3 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Because bikes are awesome :D awesome job!
  • skippieone
    skippieone Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Fabulous! I just bought a new road bike, it's still at the shop right now...but soon (when the snow melts and there's not as much salt on the roads) I'll be on it and cruising. I can't wait. I hope I have the same sort of success! Congratulations!
  • Bayluvr
    Bayluvr Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Great job! I live in the sticks, so I have to ride a recumbent bike!

Started riding my recumbent bike around May 2013 after making a lifestyle change in my eating habits in February 2013. To date, I've lost 77.5 lbs. Not too shabby for a middle aged, post-menopausal woman with spinal instability stemming from a fracture.

No exercise allowed for me other than swimming and my recumbent bike. I can't swim, so the bike it was because I didn't want the pounds to continue to pile on due to inactivity

I'd had gastric bypass surgery in 2000 and initially lost 177 lbs, but had re-gained 71 lbs. Those lbs are gone now, and I'm working towards better fitness for an upcoming spinal surgery. Thank goodness for my bike!

To the OP, JOB WELL DONE!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
    H. G. Wells

But yea, I lost all my weight on a bicycle.
  • Hikr56
    Hikr56 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I have just been discussing bike riding as a couple activity. I'm happy to read about the extra benefit! Congratulations on the weight loss and being so close to goal - as well as getting healthier! Cheers!