Anybody sick of the winter, the cold and the snow?

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,670 Member
    Options
    People usually scoff and say "why do you live in an expensive state like California?"

Answer: so I don't have to worry about threads like this.:laugh:

Sorry you have to deal with it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • jlynnm70
    jlynnm70 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Over done with it! And we are supposed to get more snow this weekend - YUCK (Nebraska)
  • Brelynn
    Brelynn Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    ....it's -40 with the wind chill today.....UGH!
  • daniellabella986
    daniellabella986 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    We are supposed to get another foot this weekend and I'm already sick over it. I can't take this anymore!!!!!! I feel like I haven't seen grass in MONTHS and I'm over winter. I need to move to California.
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Nah, I think it's just you. Everyone else is having a grand old time.
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    The other day I put three kids in and out of snow suits 5 times each, and that was my winter breaking point.
    That and frozen dog walks , killing me.

Lol that just reminded me of "A Christmas Story". Poor randy and that winter suit! Would not be able to deal. Taking the dog out is the worst. I wish he used a litter box lol
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I just saw that in Duluth, Minnesota, they have had 64 consecutive days with a temperature below zero. Poor guys.
    Me? I am in California. We had a few 70 degree F days this past week. Course, we are thirsty. REAL thirsty.

Boooooo You Suck!!!! LOL Just kidding! I am hatin! :laugh:
  • gelendestrasse
    Options
    I love snow. Get some cross country skis and have a ball! If you really want to get crazy put some 5 pound ankle weights on your wrists. Beats running.
  • Marcia315
    Marcia315 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I love snow. Get some cross country skis and have a ball! If you really want to get crazy put some 5 pound ankle weights on your wrists. Beats running.

I would if it wasn't -25, windy, and icy.
  • tavenne323
    tavenne323 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I just saw that in Duluth, Minnesota, they have had 64 consecutive days with a temperature below zero. Poor guys.
    Me? I am in California. We had a few 70 degree F days this past week. Course, we are thirsty. REAL thirsty.

yep....this is me. Second coldest winter since 1874...I read it in the news today. The cold hit just as I was finally starting to get into an outdoor running groove. Time for some warm(er) weather.

I normally love winter. I love to downhill ski, winter hike...but not when there is a wind chill and negative degrees.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I'm sick of being cold since I lost most of my insulation.

This winter has been brutal and record breaking. And another round of snow and ice coming this weekend. I've think I've lost over 3 lbs shoveling snow this winter. So maybe there is a small plus side. Nah, bring on some spring.
  • cwsreddy
    cwsreddy Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Sweet jesus yes. Even worse my heat went out a few days ago in my apartment and no one's fixed it yet. 12 degrees outside and no heat? SMFH

It was 60 a week ago! I'm really pissed at that groundhog...
  • hyphenbobbit
    hyphenbobbit Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Would love to see a bit of snow but just very, very wet and windy here in the UK - worst rainfall on record.
    Spring around the corner so hoping for a day (just one) without rain!:laugh:
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I generally hate hot weather, especially humidity. Right now I am dreaming of an August day. That's how bad it is.

My area is expecting another 6-12 inches on Sunday night into Monday and we've had 5+ storms that resulted in accumulation in the past 5 weeks. Stop, stop the madness.
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I'm from Indiana and absolutely despise everything to do with snow and cold weather, which is why I moved to Florida (and Texas for 15 years before that). I realize not everybody can pack up and move or may not want to but I don't miss typical Winter weather at all.
  • recriger
    recriger Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I love snow...
    I love Ice...
    For some strange reason I love inclement weather...

***BUT***

I run at 4:30 in the morning, obviously in the dark. I am getting a tad worn out.

I have run probably 15 times below 10 degrees (sucks).
    And I have run 3 times below 0 degrees (really sucks!-Ralphie!!!)
    I have wiped out at least 4 times where was running along totally fine and then all of a sudden I am on my back looking at the stars. Though lovely, I prefer the ability to "choose" when I look at them.

The muscles and joints don't want to warm up, and even if they do they don't stay that way for long. Any breeze when it is below 0 wipes all thoughts of insulation clean out of memory.

So why continue with this crap?

Guess I just made a choice:)
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Would love to see a bit of snow but just very, very wet and windy here in the UK - worst rainfall on record.
    Spring around the corner so hoping for a day (just one) without rain!:laugh:
    I've been following this there has been some insanely nasty weather in the south just crazy, and I here from friends in the north the winds have been nuts. sounds a lot worse than the 1 winter i spent in London (which was dreary and damp enough thanks)
  • phillrn
    phillrn Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    YES!!!! well.. no snow here.. but sick of the cold:)
  • Kaylaef
    Kaylaef Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    -21 here in ontarioland. Im so over it.
  • berlimar
    Options
    I took a break from the winter and just got back from more tropical weather a week ago (don't hate)...it feels like a year already with all the below zero days we've had since here in Toronto, ON. Today's high is -29. My tan is fading quickly...................:sad: