I wanna cry, I been going 2 weeks and nothing!!!

Options

Replies

• ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Have you looked at your profile pic? Sorry hun there is no muffin top ANYWHERE
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    1200 is way to high! better eat around 700
    IXUO5zJ.gif

Awesome post Trog!

You are your own gif! My new hero!!!

For a second I thought someone posted this in this thread was about to blast them!!!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I been going 2 weeks and I haven't lost any weight!!!!! I ate pretty much how I wanted and didn't gain weight and now I'm restricting and working out and nothing! I linger at 132 and I'm sick of it I want to be 125 and toned. I'm considered not fat but I'm flabby And have a fat pouch on my stomach!! It's always nice to tone! Help I usually ate 1200 a day normally before I started this thing, so should I go to 1000???

I'm 5 10 132 pounds according to charts I'm thin but my muffin hangs over my pants and my pouch on my stomach is like 2 inches out. Help I'm so frustrated and hungry! It's like healthy food does not fill u up!!!

If you want to tone eat more and lift weights... cutting calories will not make you leaner

Yup, this, get on a heavy compound lifting program like 5X5 or Starting Strength and up your calories.

Rigger

^ What they said!!
  • 1pandabear
    1pandabear Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    "I'm 5 10 132 pounds according to charts I'm thin but my muffin hangs over my pants and my pouch on my stomach is like 2 inches out."

I think you just need bigger pants.

hahaha
    yes I thought that too
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    I am guessing you are not seeing what we are seeing. You have nothing that you need to lose. Ditch the scale and pick up some weights. Your ticker says you want to lose 7lbs....for your height that would be very unhealthy. You may also want to talk to someone about this unhealthy image you seem to have of yourself. Seems your self esteem could use some boosting as well. Good luck to you.
  • pinkacidtrip
    Options
    1. don't trust the initial setup that MFP provides. If you put in the wrong/inaccurate information, it'll tell you to eat an amount that may not be applicable.
    2. Make sure you eat enough.
    3. Figure out what works for you and is sustainable/healthy/long term.
    4. avoid fads. don't buy in to any "Hey, try the twinkie and vodka diet"
    5. Don't cut out anything now that you don't plan on literally giving up forever.
    6. GET A FOOD SCALE. Weigh everything. No, seriously.
    7. Get an HRM with a chest strap. You'll at least have a better idea of what you're burning. It'll be more accurate than the generic info in the exercise database.. and even more than the cardio machines. This is great for steady state cardio (run/walk/etc)
    8. Don't go balls out. You'll burn out. I see 300 lb people show up here, instantly start working out and cutting their intake SEVERELY... trying to cut out all of their carbs at once.. whatever. Take it slow. Figure out how much you need to eat FIRST in order to lose.. then incorporate exercise.
    9. Don't cardio yourself to death.
    10. Take the information on the forums with a grain of salt. A lot of people that have been here for a while.. and have been successful, may seem jaded. They give out GREAT advice day after day, only to be met with people that refuse to listen.
    11. Eat real food. Not diet food. Not "low fat, sugar free, now without X." It's easier to get/find/count.
    12. don't set time restrictions.
    13. measure yourself weekly. Don't just weigh. Measure and take pictures.
    14 BE PATIENT.
    15. Avoid forum topics that have "1200" in the title. It's just full of butthurt. Lots of it.
    16. If you ask a question on the forum, give as much information as you can ("yes, I have a food scale and weigh my food" is worlds better than "I eat a palm full of miscellaneous boiled chicken parts..sometimes.")
    17. Be honest with yourself and honest with us.
    18. This isn't a game, it's about changing your lifestyle. Do that.

pretty much that.

...and don't fall into the "1200 calorie" vertigo of suck because of:

the typical MFP users does this:
    1. I wanna lose weight, let's try MFP.
    2. OH! Wow, it tells me I can lose 2 lbs a WEEK? AWESOME!
    3. I just sit at a desk when I'm not working out, I guess I'm sedentary.
    4. MFP tells them 1200 calories, and they don't even eat that.. then they work out on top of it.. creating an even bigger deficit.
    5. Lose a lot, fast, brag about 1200 calorie success.
    6. Come back in a few months trying to figure out why they're dizzy, tired, not losing weight.
    7. Get on the forums, ask why they aren't losing.
    8. Get two responses (I eat 1200 and lose) (I eat 2200 and lose)
    9. Argument ensues about who is right.

Now. That being said. These threads happen hundreds of times per day. Most times, and I mean really.. seriously.. 95% of the time.. people get the 1200 number because they don't put the right information in when they set up the account. There are a great number of people that are trying to help. I'm one of 'em.

I'm a hardcore advocate of actually finding out what works for the individual.. by means of other calculators, averages, time, practice, and patience.

Blanket prescriptions of 1200 calories "because it worked for me" is more harmful to the generic new user than the "figure out what you need to eat." Unfortunately, one is a LOT easier to type.

Find out what you need: http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

and make sure to read: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

If you "fell off of the wagon" it was because you made it a change that you couldn't keep up with. Make little changes. Make the wagon easier to stay on.

...and specifically, make a point to outright ignore any/all of those damned sales reps like our buddy up there that's trying to help you lose weight in your wallet. Scum of the damned forums

DO. NOT. LOWER. YOUR. CALORIES.

love this and the fact that you are copy/pasting it on all these stupid posts.

My post isn't stupid just because I'm frustrated that's really rude. I know how to lose weight I was hospitalized at 18 with anorexia but I want to do it the right way this time. So I am really struggling. I know for a fact cutting calories does lose weight I use to eat 500 then 200 then 0. So it does work but I want to be toned not bones anymore.
  • pinkacidtrip
    Options
    If only I could look like you!! This is not a place where you will get sympathy.........

Just because I'm not huge doesn't mean I'm not out of shape and have fat on me..... Like I hate how people act like that....
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    If you want to tone eat more and lift weights... cutting calories will not make you leaner

^^^Agreed
  • pinkacidtrip
    Options
    The bearded guy is totally right. Excellent work, bearded guy.

Don't listen to the "I have no sympathy for you, you're already thin" haters. Your body, your choice. You know when you're toned and when you're not. Those people suck. Yes, I'm talking to you, haters. This girl is here asking for support and all you do is give her worthless venting? Puh-leese. Bitter much?

Main thing I have to add, which you probably won't like, but here goes: "two weeks and nothing"? More like: two weeks IS nothing.

Long haul. Stay the course. Eyes on the prize. I've been here two years and I still have things to learn. Stick with it, and above all, maximize accuracy and honesty in your calorie tracking in every way possible. When in doubt, the answer to the question "this doesn't count, does it?" is "yes it does."

It's not a quick fix. It's an in-depth learning process. You didn't finish college in two weeks, did you?

Thank u so much I am trying to make my body better i should be able to just because im not 300 pounds...that's why I hate posting because people will vent at me about how I'm thin. I get that but I want to tone.
  • sarafischbach9
    sarafischbach9 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    At 5 foot 10, you are already at a thin weight at 132 lbs. I understand wanting to get down to 125 lbs and with your stomach, but going down to 1000 calories will not help you. More than likely, your body is retaining water for some reason or the other. For a couple weeks, I worked out a lot and only ate 1200-1400 every.single.day and my weight maybe went down 1 lb for two weeks. Finally last week my body went down 4 lbs. I know I didn't lose 4 lbs in one week; I was still losing the weeks the scale wouldn't budge I was just retaining water.

I'm sure within the next week or two, you will randomly lose quite a bit of weight. Weight loss isn't linear. Some weeks you will lose 1 lb and another week lose 3 lbs. And you can't understand why.

I would also increase your calories to 1500 per day. Add weight training. Keep up on your cardio, but mix the cardio up. Don't overdo your exercises either. 3-5 days a week should be enough exercise.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Try 3 years!
  • Briargrey
    Briargrey Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    love this and the fact that you are copy/pasting it on all these stupid posts.

spreading the love however/whenever necessary.

I love your standard post because it is so dead on. But it always makes me want to go have a shot of vanilla vodka and a twinkie...

LOL <3 Keep it up!
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Also, your concern is your midsection, so before someone throws it out there to do extra crunches, situps, etc, remember that you can't spot reduce.

Compound lifting would probably do just the trick!

Check out StrongLifts 5x5 online. Really easy to learn, pretty straight forward, and a great beginner program, whether you have 100+ pounds to lose or just a couple.
  • gmoneycole
    gmoneycole Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    This is a process and a lifestyle change. You will need to eat healthy portions and workout for an extended period of time and you will see your body transform. It won't always show up on the scale.
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    Also, your concern is your midsection, so before someone throws it out there to do extra crunches, situps, etc, remember that you can't spot reduce.

Compound lifting would probably do just the trick!

Check out StrongLifts 5x5 online. Really easy to learn, pretty straight forward, and a great beginner program, whether you have 100+ pounds to lose or just a couple.

This is pretty much your only course of action. Compound lifts sounds like the perfect way to tone up those pesky parts.

Also check out new rules of lifting for women.
  • Vincentsz
    Vincentsz Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    First of all it doesn't look like you have much to lose at all!

Secondly, women typically ALWAYS use the scale as a point of satisfaction. Try clothing! Find something that fits snug now and use it as a gauge of progress.

That being said, Try weight training! Body fat can rarely be lost in isolation meaning we can't target a specific area to lose without losing it elsewhere first. The core is usually the last place body fat lingers. Do squats lunges deadlift and core exercises. You may even increase your protein intake. (staves off cravings later in the day) Typically 1.5 grams per lb of body weight is acceptable, except in cases of kidney disease.

You should see changes within a month or so.:wink:
  • JessieNight
    JessieNight Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I think you just need bigger pants.

Nailed it.
  • NinnianeOfAvalon
    Options
    I don't have advice. I have a question. Why is 125 so important to you?
  • pukekolive
    pukekolive Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    If you have lost weight via cutting calories drastically (i.e. when you were anorexic) then you will probably have lost a great deal of muscle and retained the subcutaneous fat which you now see as 'muffin' and 'pouch'. To look better, don't try and lose more the same way as you will again target your muscles (not fat).

As others have said, eat at least your BMR (what you need to maintain your organs etc BEFORE exercise), lift weights/ do strengthtraining and your muscles will tone up your body and any 'fat' you think you see will be smoothed out by the strengthened muscle ....
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    The bearded guy is totally right. Excellent work, bearded guy.

Don't listen to the "I have no sympathy for you, you're already thin" haters. Your body, your choice. You know when you're toned and when you're not. Those people suck. Yes, I'm talking to you, haters. This girl is here asking for support and all you do is give her worthless venting? Puh-leese. Bitter much?

Main thing I have to add, which you probably won't like, but here goes: "two weeks and nothing"? More like: two weeks IS nothing.

Long haul. Stay the course. Eyes on the prize. I've been here two years and I still have things to learn. Stick with it, and above all, maximize accuracy and honesty in your calorie tracking in every way possible. When in doubt, the answer to the question "this doesn't count, does it?" is "yes it does."

It's not a quick fix. It's an in-depth learning process. You didn't finish college in two weeks, did you?

Thank u so much I am trying to make my body better i should be able to just because im not 300 pounds...that's why I hate posting because people will vent at me about how I'm thin. I get that but I want to tone.

No one is "venting" at you because you want to get toned. People are venting because you don't need to lose weight. Hell, even then people aren't jumping on you about it, merely pointing out that losing more weight would be unhealthy, which is true. Had you mentioned in your OP that your goal was to tone, no one would have mentioned anything about you being underweight as it is. I think this is just a matter of you not choosing your words very well. If you want help and advice, make sure you are specific in what you are asking for.