What was your NSV this week?

Options

Replies

• RhysWill_I_Ams
    Options
    2 big ones: After 4 weeks at the gym I squatted 157kgs for 2 reps which is 25 kilos more than I weigh so very pleased. Next one was managed to fit into a pair of jeans I haven't worn in about 3 months. Feels amazing! :)
  • love2cycle
    love2cycle Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I am female, 55, and I was getting ready to go out with my daughter the other day, and before I left, my 19 year old son, said "Wow, I love, that sweater, and it looks really good with your jeans and boots." I asked if he was trying to butter me up for something, and he laughed and said "no, you look really good!" Wow!
  • Nicholec2003
    Nicholec2003 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I jogged 2.25 miles at 5.5-6 without having to walk!! I love to run, I just feel so awkward and slow.
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    I comfortably wore a pair of jeans that have been in my closet for over a year because I got too big.
  • Aeramis13
    Aeramis13 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    This week I ran 3 miles in a row with absolutely no slowing or stopping...and it was awesome!

I also put together my first real plan for progressing (training for my first 5k & starting StrongLifts 5x5), which is hugely empowering. I'm ready to kick more *kitten* than I already have in the last months!

I also had someone who hates muscles say that my legs look 'gross', which I'll take as one hell of a compliment lol
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I've logged every day! After 60 days on this site, I'm just celebrating still being here. Keep telling myself I just have to stick with it, don't give up.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I have two and they mostly involve me putting myself out there and trying things that would normally scare me too much. I have to pretend like I am didn't weigh 235 pounds less than 2 years ago and just act like I am confident and eventually the confidence to perform comes with it!

1) I completed the first workout of the CrossFit Open as prescribed, with no modifications even though my number of reps paled in comparison to more seasoned athletes. I have only been doing CrossFit for four months so I have to start to push myself on some skill mastery;
    2) I put myself out there and traveled 100 miles to another town to work out with an Olympic style lifting (snatches, clean & jerks) group and got coached by a former Olympian...I was doing baby, baby stuff in front of real badass women who were practically lifting cars but it was super inspiring!
  • amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    PunkyRachel, you look great! Keep it up.

My NSV was my husband texting me "you're so damned cute" after I sent him a pic in my new outfit (we live 500 miles apart due to work). When you've been married almost 32 years, you don't usually hear that kind of talk from your husband :blushing:
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I jogged 20 minutes non-stop!
  • bigldesigns
    bigldesigns Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I had to make a mad dash to a thrifty store for a new pair of jeans to wear out tomorrow.. My previous pair were only 6 weeks old.. but were looking like Clown Pants..

I donated 3 shopping bags of clothes while I was there!
  • IIIIISerenityNowIIIII
    IIIIISerenityNowIIIII Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Today I tried on the jeans I bought online two months ago that I couldn't pull up past my legs. Today I pulled them up and zipped them up and could even breathe!!
  • chickenly
    chickenly Posts: 10
    Options
    Burnt over 1,000 calories walking, running and swimming, and don't feel like collapsing from exhaustion!
    Also thinking seriously about entering my first 5k
  • Shuuma
    Shuuma Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Today, I thought I would get a walk in using my Zombies, RUN! app (before the snow and ice hit) and not only did I beat previous times, I actually JOGGED some of the way! Without hurting myself!

ETA: I am also proud to announce my jogging also didn't look like I ran through a spider web. :laugh:
  • flyingbeta
    flyingbeta Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I can wear a belt that's been too small for as long as I've owned it!
  • Karababy51
    Karababy51 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I have a couple...

1. I skipped another size jeans again! When I started back in September I wore a very tight women's size 16 short. A few weeks later I was in size 12. Last night I bought a pair of size 8 because the 12's kept sliding down! I can't remember the last time I wore that size, it's been literally decades!

2. No matter what size the rest of my husband's body is, he's always had a small, sexy butt. It's ALWAYS been smaller than mine. Last night we compared butts and mine's smaller than his now. Woo Hoo! *fist pump* He gave it a nice squeeze and called it 'tiny.' TINY!!! \o/ hehe
  • daniflems
    daniflems Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Realizing I can pull down a pair of my jeans without undoing them.
  • AusAshMommy
    AusAshMommy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Neighbor told me he barely recognized me this week...getting more and more notice on my weight loss feels great!
  • nofearbebravelive
    Options
    I did 5 military push-ups last night. And at Outback Steakhouse after I finished eating I really wanted desert, but I wanted a sweet Potato, so I ordered that without the toppings and had a sweet potato for desert, it was delicious, sweet and perfect. I could've ordered (and normally ) order the Sundae, last night's food NSV is my coolest so far, at least to me.
  • 2014FitnessJourney
    Options
    No longer crave soda or junk food.
  • marjoleina
    marjoleina Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Joined a running club two weeks ago and ran 6K in 43 minutes and am still alive.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!