Any heavy lifters with breast implants?

Options
1235»

Replies

• monipie
    monipie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    i was heavy lifting, working out intensely up until i had my surgery and i (like you) was scared of the down time. i was terrified of sitting on my *kitten* all day and ruining all my hard work. i was so anxious about it. after the surgery though, i was so so busy with my new boobs and recovery that i didn't worry too much about the workouts i was missing. i focused on my diet and i tried not to sit on my *kitten* all day. lol. don't worry, it will fly by- you will be busy with the all wonderment that comes after you get your new boobs! congrats and hope all goes well. oh and speaking from experience- i love my fake boobs woot! lol!

You are awesome lol! I feel so much better after reading this post, thank you :flowerforyou:

awwe you are welcome! also wanted to add that i still work just as hard now (if not harder) as i did before i had them. so don't worry about that either.
  • selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies so far. Yeah, of course I will do exactly as my Dr. says & take the proper amount of time to heal. But I just was curious about other ladies who are very active & do intensive workouts what it was like for them to take time off etc. My diet is normally very high in protein so that is good & I'm going to keep working out right up until the day before surgery so that I can get as much in as I can before I take that long period of down time. I've wanted to to this from the time I was in my early 20's (I'm 32 now) so I definitely will not take any chances of messes them up or having them not heal right.

the world is so sad.
  • selina884
    Options
    Also, I'm not speaking from experience. Woot woot to au-naturale!

Well done to you for doing nothing, no really, how proud you must be of your genetics.

I am ;)

34E, naturally gifted. Thankyou very much.
  • HotrodsGirl0107
    HotrodsGirl0107 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I don't have fake boobs but I was with my cousin through her surgery and recovery (we are more best friends). It is a personal surgery and whether you have an under or over the muscle implant recovery time vary from person to person. Tina (my cousin) had a longer recovery than most because the incision didn't heal correctly on one of her breasts. Her recovery ended up being 12 weeks and still has since then had a second surgery because the first looked so awful even when fully healed.

Thank you for sharing with me :-)

You said you have done the research on your surgeon and feel confident in your choice. My cousin is the only person I have been through the process with and since it was less than ideal it has scared me away from the idea of having an augmentation (not sure how much thinking and research she did honestly). I am waiting till after I have kids anyway but I hope you share your experience here with us because it could be beneficial to people like me still in the thinking about it stage lol.
  • selina884
    Options
    Reasons for breast surgery are many and while a lot of men claim they like "natural" breasts, most people could not tell a well done boob job apart from the 'au naturale'.

My mom had a boob job because she ended up with one and a half boobs after breast surgery, my sister had breast reduction surgery to help her with back pains and a friend had surgery because her one breast was nearly two cups bigger than the other which was causing a load of back problems on her and she could not find a bra to fit &had to wear padding on the other side. Most breast surgery is not done to get "nicer" boobs. Don't just assume, it may offend people who don't have a choice.

Agreed. I don't think people without a choice should be offended as they are not often judged within the same criteria as ppl with superficial reasons.
    However, theres always a difference between natural looking vs fake boobies. Even a well done boob job looks distinctively different from natural breasts.
  • selina884
    Options

Rude.
    Do everyone a favor and deactivate your account.

Like many have already pointed out, you have no fu(king idea why someone else is considering a breast augmentation. To act like you're better than someone because you're "au-naturale" is sickening.

I've lost a significant amount of weight which has caused my boobs to look not so pretty. I've worked my damn *kitten* off and I (and anyone else), deserve to look in the mirror and feel confident. Whether or not someone is getting augmented because they want big DD jugs, or just because they want their breasts to look "normal," it's their choice. What's it to you if someone just wants big boobies? And I'm sure MANY people don't get boob jobs just to have bigger breasts, there are other reasons.

Since my weight loss has affected my breasts, I am definitely considering a lift. People have their own reasons. Don't assume things. You know what happens when you assume, right?

OP: Good luck to you. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Hopefully someone with experience can give you some good advice.
    You are ranting at her for appreciating her breasts?
  • nyla2120
    nyla2120 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies so far. Yeah, of course I will do exactly as my Dr. says & take the proper amount of time to heal. But I just was curious about other ladies who are very active & do intensive workouts what it was like for them to take time off etc. My diet is normally very high in protein so that is good & I'm going to keep working out right up until the day before surgery so that I can get as much in as I can before I take that long period of down time. I've wanted to to this from the time I was in my early 20's (I'm 32 now) so I definitely will not take any chances of messes them up or having them not heal right.

the world is so sad.

I must be missing something here.
  • nyla2120
    nyla2120 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    This is something you need to ask your surgeon. As every surgeon has their own post op instructions.

It is important that you follow your surgeons instructions,as you want to heal properly and not mess up anything.

I think the average time off is about 6 weeks post surgery.

Agree; it's also very personal. The type of procedure (under or over the muscle), your body's own reaction to the trauma of surgery, etc. will all impact how long you will need to stay away from heavy lifting. Also, if you are doing "rapid recovery" or regular surgery (using a laser instead of a scalpel, staying away from blood supply, less time under general, limited implant size, etc.)...

From a legal standpoint, if you don't follow your surgeon's aftercare instructions, and you have a complication, and it can be proven that you didn't follow them, you're screwed.

Also, you should check out the forum at www.JBI.com
    There are a lot of women on that forum who are body builders who have had the surgery; they may offer reassurance with their own experiences since they have been through it.

Thank you. Of course I will follow all the aftercare instructions. I trust my surgeon completely & I do t want to ruin something I have waited 10+ years to do. I will check out that website, thanks again :-)
  • MrsBailey149
    MrsBailey149 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hello-

A friend of mine let me know there was someone on here with questions about this topic. I asked the same questions back in Feb. before mine. I had a very "aggressive" BA, consisting of a LOT of skin removal, lift, and implant on March 5th. Prior to that I worked out every single day (running, P90x, turbo fire...etc...). I had your SAME worries (still do, actually).

Because of the severity of my BA, my doctor wouldn't even let me take a walk for exercise until 3 weeks after the surgery and he said I could start running after 8 weeks and at that same time BEGIN lifting again, slowly.

Tuesday marked week 4 for me. The most I have done is take a walk (4.0mph), a max of 4 miles. I'm really hopeing I feel good enough to run May 1st!

As for lifting...there is no way I could do any lifting now. For a couple weeks after my surgery, I couldn't even open a jar of jelly. My implants were placed under the muscle so obviously that area was all cut and sewed back together. It took 3 weeks before I could wash my own hair and do a good job (I have long, thick hair). My arms are still sore...if this makes sense, it's the area between my arm pit and breasts. My incissions are still sore as well, but improving.

As far as muscle mass, sometimes I think the gap between my legs is closing and my arms are not as defined, or it's in my head. I don't want to take and compare pictures because I'm afraid of what I'll see. As for weight, I've gained about 5 pounds in the past month, however, I'm not very good with my food intake....I rely heavily on exercise to help me shed pounds.

For me, the proceedure was worth it. Even if you lose some muscle or even gain a pound or two of fat, you can get back to where you were in no time. I'm trying to not get down about my body taking some steps back- I love my new boobs!!! and my body will be back to rocking in no time once I'm healed.

My doctor was in Florida and I live in Wisconsin, so I'm trying to be extra cautious since visiting him for a check-up is no longer an option.

Good luck! FR me....we can keep in touch about our progress. I'm no expert considering I'm only 4 weeks into this.

Thank you for sharing this with me. I think if I can just maintain my diet during recovery I should be good. However I'm one of those people who tends to eat when they are bored & obviously I'm going to be home & not able to to anything for a while so I'm trying to mentally prepare myself & stock up on some good books & movies to keep me entertained. I'm getting gel implants under the muscle with a slight lift. So I know it's going to be pretty intense, but I will be sure to share my experience & progress as well :wink:

Actually the week after surgery when I was doing nothing but laying around, I had no appetite (VERY rare for me) and I ended up losing a couple pounds. It was when I started feeling better that the weigh crept back on :/ Good luck!
  • KatieEstle
    Options
    to OP- coming across this thread from a search- curious on how it all went? i'd love to hear an update! I am going for a consult in a week and a half and very excited/nervous...