Is this considered a cheat meal?

Options

Replies

• DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

And exactly what TKD girl is doing.
    Poor darlin'.

She isn't even the OP - she got all butthurt, called everyone a-holes and left! Poor thing must have been hangry. It is sad at these younger girls' perception of healthy. I try really hard to make sure my daughter knows the difference.

Sigh. Yeah, it's really sad. There's so much good info on this site! (Sh!tformation too, but...) she could have benefitted. Good thing your daughter has a great mom! :flowerforyou:
  • sarahstrezo
    sarahstrezo Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    It means that you are so F*@king hungry that you get ANGRY and HUNGRY…thus Hangry.
    Sadly…..I ditto the others, you need to seek professional help.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

And exactly what TKD girl is doing.
    Poor darlin'.

She isn't even the OP - she got all butthurt, called everyone a-holes and left! Poor thing must have been hangry. It is sad at these younger girls' perception of healthy. I try really hard to make sure my daughter knows the difference.
    I didn't leave. What does hangry even mean?

Anger caused from being hungry.
    Hunger+ angry = hangry
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Sigh. Yeah, it's really sad. There's so much good info on this site! (Sh!tformation too, but...) she could have benefitted. Good thing your daughter has a great mom! :flowerforyou:

Awwww, thanks!! :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • ThriceBlessed
    ThriceBlessed Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I don't consider anything a cheat meal. Some choices are wiser than others. About the only thing I would consider "cheating" is if I didn't log it, and messed up my calorie averages for the entire day.
  • ThriceBlessed
    ThriceBlessed Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I just read the rest of the responses. People don't need to be so harsh, but many of them ARE right about one thing: 600 calories is not enough to stay healthy, and if you keep eating so little you will damage your metabolism and eventually you WILL gain weight whenever you eat a tiny bit more.

Not only that, you will be prone to binge, you will suffer from defects of vitamins, minerals, and protein, you could start losing hair, having skin problems, anemia...

Just because these problems haven't showed up yet doesn't mean they won't.

I'm not saying this to be mean or cruel, its just a fact. 600 calories is not enough for anyone except perhaps a newborn who is still living completely on breastmilk, and even then they are probably getting a little more than that at times.
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    My health has been total **** since I was 10, I'm 21 now. What does it even matter? Regardless, I can still state *theoretic* facts about nutrition. Everybody has different dietary needs. But still.

Isn't "theoretic facts" an oxymoron?

OP, no matter what you're eating, if it's that low in calories, it's not a cheat meal.

Other girl, I'm going to add one more vote for you have a problem with food and you need to seek professional help. If you choose not to, that's your business. No one can force you. But if you continue to promote such unhealthy eating to others, I see an account deletion in your future.
  • taekwondo_bitch
    taekwondo_bitch Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    My health has been total **** since I was 10, I'm 21 now. What does it even matter? Regardless, I can still state *theoretic* facts about nutrition. Everybody has different dietary needs. But still.

OP, no matter what you're eating, if it's that low in calories, it's not a cheat meal.

Other girl, I'm going to add one more vote for you have a problem with food and you need to seek professional help. If you choose not to, that's your business. No one can force you. But if you continue to promote such unhealthy eating to others, I see an account deletion in your future.
    Meh. I can always make a new one. Besides, it's probably a phase that will pass - see, this guy is my thinspiration. http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=joel+zimmerman&FORM=HDRSC2
  • TX_Rhon
    Options
    ^^^:noway:

So for you, this is just a disposable account. Good luck!
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options

Meh. I can always make a new one. Besides, it's probably a phase that will pass - see, this guy is my thinspiration. *snip*

You need professional help.
  • Deathlylooks
    Options
    The only problem I see is that you might have measured using a cup rather than weighing the cereal.

+1. I don't see how cereal, for breakfast of all things, could be cheating.

Because cereal is usually full of sugar, and there are plenty of other ways to have breakfast - most of which include a lot less sugar and a lot less calories.
    There's nothing wrong with sugar. In fact, from a biological standpoint, it's very much a good thing.
    Doesn't it burn pretty much directly into fat?
    Not at all. Every cell in your body relies on sugar for fuel.
    Even if that's the case, it's still extra, unnecessary calories.

And you do realize that in order to be healthy our body requires calories...there is a threshold below which we are harming ourselves. I'd be willing to bet that you're under that threshold based on your responses.

LMFAO I honestly think your on the total wind up with all this **** your talking all over these forums
  • taekwondo_bitch
    taekwondo_bitch Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    The only problem I see is that you might have measured using a cup rather than weighing the cereal.

+1. I don't see how cereal, for breakfast of all things, could be cheating.

Because cereal is usually full of sugar, and there are plenty of other ways to have breakfast - most of which include a lot less sugar and a lot less calories.
    There's nothing wrong with sugar. In fact, from a biological standpoint, it's very much a good thing.
    Doesn't it burn pretty much directly into fat?
    Not at all. Every cell in your body relies on sugar for fuel.
    Even if that's the case, it's still extra, unnecessary calories.

And you do realize that in order to be healthy our body requires calories...there is a threshold below which we are harming ourselves. I'd be willing to bet that you're under that threshold based on your responses.

LMFAO I honestly think your on the total wind up with all this **** your talking all over these forums
    Shut up, and speak English.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    A bowl of cereal is not a cheat meal. Not to offend, but get a grip.

No need to be rude, I was just wondering considering cereal has a lot of sugar and I usually eat organic or extremely clean. You should get a grip and learn to keep your rude comments to yourself or just don't answer at all. I've seen you on other questions and you're rude to everyone so I won't take it to heart

Really? You don't see the value in telling somebody that 230 calories of ANYTHING isn't something to ever be up in arms about because well, it's 230 calories. That's not a meal anyway -- that's a snack.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    In for the fighting
    tumblr_mthlsyqF7K1sj3oxho1_500.gif
  • TX_Rhon
    Options
    tumblr_m6xaor13Da1qat4duo1_500.gif
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    I think this girl is having a lot of fun at everyone's expense. ????
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I think this girl is having a lot of fun at everyone's expense. ????

Something you know all about? :laugh:
  • kuger4119
    kuger4119 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Just now for breakfast I ate one cup of honey bunches of oats with almonds cereal (the serving size is 3/4 cup. 1 cup is 170 calories) and natural almond milk (1 cup, 60 calories)

I'm aware that cereal isn't too good for you even the most "healthy" kind because of the sugar but is this a cheat meal?

No offense, but a post like this makes my head hurt. Someone asking if a 230 calorie breakfast is a cheat meal is about as misguided as asking if they should count the calories they burn while inhaling and exhaling. Find a real issue to obsess about. That kind of question makes me wonder if the OP shouldn't be seeking some counseling.
  • MS2TWEET
    MS2TWEET Posts: 37
    Options
    Just asking you all seem to be only concerned about sugar what about carbs ? Why not have a protein packed breakfast ? I think if this is a lifestyle change for you then everything will be fine in moderation. As someone else said do not do this daily but once a week you are fine. My personal problem with cereal is 2 hours later I am hungry . But that's me. Where as if I eat 1/2 grilled chicken breast from night before and a low fat cheese stick as a snack later on I am good.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    dafuq...NO
This discussion has been closed.