Killer LOW-CARB GLUTEN-FREE COOKIES

Options
Scubanana7
Scubanana7 Posts: 361 Member
ABSOLUTELY TO DIE FOR !!! Even the picky hubby and grandson LOVE THIS! :bigsmile:

Almond Butter Cookies

1 cup almond butter (I used 1/2 raw and 1/2 roasted)
3 Tbs honey
10 drops liquid Stevia
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt (I used 1/4)
2 oz dark choc

Preheat to 350. Mix everything except the chocolate by hand. After everything is mixed well, add chocolate chips (or chunks) last. Fear NOT-- It looks like a blob of oily mess. I could not fathom that it would look ANYTHING like a cookie so I only made one blob first. I used a little over a Tbs to measure the cookie dough and ended up with 21 big cookies..

Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes until beginning to brown around bottom and edges. My oven cooks fast so 10 minutes was perfect for me. Let sit on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes, then move to rack.

When I took that first TRIAL COOKIE out of the oven, I could NOT believe my eyes. The oily blob that went in the oven came out looking prettier than a Tollhouse Cookie! Hubby, Grandson, and I devoured it and rather impatiently waited for the full batch to cook! They are actually better than the Tollhouse Cookie. I am dreaming of all kinds of ways to change this up......raisins/nuts, coconut, etc.

The STATS ? calories 95, carbs 6 g, fiber 2 g, fat 7 g, protein 3 g :smooched:

Not bad for a CHUNK of HEAVEN ! Low-Carbers Rejoice !!! and the cookie is big enough that one really hits the spot. As good as they were, I resisted a second. I'll save it for tomorrow!

Enjoy! If you try out other variations, please SHARE !

This is the first LOW-CARB cookie recipe that I didn't have to dump in the trashcan. And it was absolutely the easiest! I didn't have to dirty a mixer. Just one bowl and a spoon does the trick and it is easy enough for the NON-bakers (which includes me).

Replies

• stina17
    stina17 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow, they sound amazing!!! I'll have to try them! (and so good to know that they are easy for the "non-bakers") lol ;)
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy.
  • jeneferphillips89
    Options
    Bump! Sounds delicious :-)
  • SimplyMicheleR
    SimplyMicheleR Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Sound yummy! do you have the nutrition info on them (or what are they in the database as?)

Forget that - I see it :)
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Yum yum yum! I might just make these for a party this weekend for a fellow celiac!
  • Scubanana7
    Scubanana7 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I also made regular Tollhouse cookies and the KIDs (hubbie and grandson) both preferred these!

I am still in shock as to how easy and how good they are! And totally amazed at how oily/gross they looked before cooking!

Had two for breakfast--still soft and chewy !!!
  • kbc525
    kbc525 Posts: 149
    Options
    bump
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • time4kim2014
    time4kim2014 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • raeesa07
    raeesa07 Posts: 54
    Options
    Will HAVE to try these.
    Especiacllly since biscuits are my weakness:blushing:
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Can you use peanut butter in place of almond?
  • SusanL222
    SusanL222 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • PunkyDucky
    PunkyDucky Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Yum!
    Bump
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Can you use peanut butter in place of almond?

I was wondering the same thing. Will have to try it with PB and see how it works.