Increasing protein; especially at breakfast.

Options

Replies

• SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    You could make a smoothie with greek yogurt, strawberries, protein powder and skim milk. Yumm
  • caveninit
    caveninit Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Maybe you can add some protein powder to cereal? Never tried it personally though.

I just did that this morning...Ran out of eggs so I had cold cereal and added chocolate whey protein to the lowfat milk left in my bowl. :)
    You can also add cottage cheese or protein powder to oatmeal as it is cooking. You don't even notice it.
  • kelleybean1
    kelleybean1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt/protein powder smoothies.
    Chocolate whey powder/peanut butter/plain greek yogurt or
    vanilla whey powder/frozen mixed berries/plain greek yogurt.
    These are my 2 favorites.
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Eggs. Cook a bunch when you have time and keep them in the fridge. I usually do this. Well, used to. Greek yogurt is good too.
  • angel7472
    angel7472 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I eat greek yogurt and protein powder every morning its gives me almost 50g of protein!
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Google "refrigerator oats". Make it ahead of time and just grab it. Use any combination of Greek yogurt, regular yogurt or (skim) milk. You could probably throw protein powder in it as well. Mmmm.
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I like to have 3 or 4 scrambled egg whites with cottage cheese if I need a protein boost.
  • ElaineMarianne
    Options
    Thank you again for all the replies :-)

Have looked up refrigerator oats ( I liked someone called it 'summer porridge') and I am so looking forward to trying that out. Definitely my favourite shout :-D But thanks to everyone who took time out to reply. You made my day :-)
  • nerual13
    nerual13 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    YES! I do this with frosted mini wheats and 2% greek yogurt, its SO amazing!!!
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to Piller's breakfast ham. I love it more than bacon!
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    I have a 3 & 5 year old. I cook steel cut oats in the crockpot overnight (you can google this or find a recipe on Pinterest). I add chia/hemp seeds (for a little extra protein) to my cooked oatmeal. I usually cook them in water, but you can add milk for extra protein.

Like others have said, I also boil a dozen eggs and keep them in the fridge to grab-and-go.

The kids love cottage cheese in the morning too. Another quick go-to is nitrate-free chicken sausage. Just heat and eat.
  • janupshaw
    janupshaw Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I always have turkey sausage links in the freezer; just pop them in the microwave for a minute. I think 3 links has 8 g of protein.
  • ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt would be my first thought. I eat Liberté lactose-free Greek yogurt which has 18g of protein per 3/4 cup.
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt ...eggs..... oatmeal with protein powder.... Peanut butter.
  • firewalking
    firewalking Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue because I prefer oatmeal for breakfast...BUT I have started adding egg whites (boiled or scrambled). It really makes a difference! I have also enjoyed the Smart Ones breakfast sandwich (turkey sausage).
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Back bacon, Lean sausages, meat balls, eggs, protein pancakes (made from oats, eggs, milk)

hmmmm I've never thought of meatballs as a breakfast food but what a great idea. ...totally portable too!
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to Piller's breakfast ham. I love it more than bacon!

blasphemy!!!
  • stephv38
    stephv38 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I would just add that I recently discovered that a smoothie can be made the night before and keeps pretty well in fridge till morning! I like spinach, greek yogurt, banana, scoop of vanilla protein powder...
  • Jeanne130LBS
    Jeanne130LBS Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am with Seabee on this one. I love Dannon Light and fit Greek yogurt. 80 calories, 0 fat, 12 grams of protein and loads of yummy flavors. Several berry flavors, peach, blueberry etc and even caramel macchiato. I am amazed how it satisfies me till lunch time.:flowerforyou: also try PB2 powdered peanut butter. You mix 2 tbs with 1 tbs water, keep in refrig. it has 45 calories instead of 200 and has lots of protein, and 2 grams of fat instead of 16. only ingredient is dried peanuts, a little sugar and salt. Good luck
  • tiffamo
    tiffamo Posts: 1
    Options
    I generally add vanilla protein powder to my oatmeal. and I have an awesome meal replacement shake I use when i'm really crunched for time.