how much had you lost before people noticed

Options
Just curious to see how much everyone had lost before people commented on their weight loss. I have lost 25lbs since i started mfp but have actually lost 33lb because i started dieting 2 weeks before i started on here and no one has noticed as yet. Most of my weight seems to have came off my shoulder area, i have dropped from a size 22 to 18 (although 18s are still bit tight). My partner has lost 20lbs and it really noticeable on him, suppose when youve more to lose the less noticeable a few pounds are.

Replies

• K3rB3ar89
    K3rB3ar89 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    20 pounds. i just started getting compliments! depends where you start i started at 253 so people can deff tell in my face before anywhere else. or thats what im told.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    I'd say people didn't notice until about 30#s in. But I hated it when they asked about it, because I found it embarasing to admit that, yes I've lost 30 lbs, but I still wanted to lose 70 more! I felt so fat! I denied I was losing anything. It wasn't until I lost about 60#s that I had to admit I was trying to lose weight.
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Funny you should mention this. I'm a nurse and one of the docs yesterday asked me if I'd been working out because I look like I've lost weight. When I said I work out every day, he said, "I can tell." So, I got my first shot in the arm (pun intended!:laugh: ) after 8 pounds lost.
  • QS82
    QS82 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    A couple of people have just started to comment, so a good 18/19lbs in. I've noticed a couple more doing sort of a double take as if they want to say something but aren't sure, so I can only assume that it isn't completely obvious :smile: #
    To be honest I can barely see it myself in terms of looking skinnier but my body composition is changing and that's fine with me.
  • Jwold55
    Jwold55 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    20 lbs! Just saw a friend at the gym today and I texted her after telling her how I'd been kicking my butt at the gym and have lost 20lbs since thanksgiving and she said she could see it in my face though she didn't know whether to say anything or not lol. i only started using MFP religiously about two weeks ago.
  • silken555
    silken555 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    In the first 10lbs but that's because it all came off my face first. Rather dramatic when your face goes from round with a double chin to oval with a lovely jaw line...:) I still have some looseish skin under the chin but I'm 37 years old so it was somewhat expected.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Around 28 lbs people started to notice. Now (48 lbs down), people constantly are saying how good I look.
  • Blue801
    Blue801 Posts: 442
    Options
    No one noticed I was losing weight so I made them all sign up for MFP and friend me so they would see my news feed updates with my weight loss.
  • krennie8
    krennie8 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    um, nothing yet so apparently more than 10lbs! But honestly I've only really gone back down to where I was about 6 months ago so it's probably not as shocking to anyone. Plus I think those who see you on a daily basis are likes frogs in boiling water, so they don't notice the slow loss until you've lost a lot! :)
  • angdpowers
    angdpowers Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I lost quite a bit in my face as well. ALWAYS have had a round face but when I got to the 15-20lbs mark, seemed like everyone kept telling me how think my face, neck etc looked. I'm like trust me, I still got some belly yo haha
  • caminoslo
    caminoslo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Just curious to see how much everyone had lost before people commented on their weight loss. I have lost 25lbs since i started mfp but have actually lost 33lb because i started dieting 2 weeks before i started on here and no one has noticed as yet. Most of my weight seems to have came off my shoulder area, i have dropped from a size 22 to 18 (although 18s are still bit tight). My partner has lost 20lbs and it really noticeable on him, suppose when youve more to lose the less noticeable a few pounds are.
    Sadly no one has noticed just myself. Granted I've pointed it out to people but no one has said anything.
  • vsprocket04
    vsprocket04 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    12lbs for me!
  • tegalicious
    tegalicious Posts: 629
    Options
    I didn't have more than 30 to lose but people didn't notice until I lost 20. But people really noticed the difference when I lost 30 and made lots of comments and started asking me how I did it and what I was eating. I got lots of "Are you doing green tea or raspberry ketones? questions". Nope just good old fashioned eat less and move more....
  • smanning1982
    smanning1982 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Nothing yet for me. I can't even tell, I am down 14.4 lbs and still wear all the same clothes, sigh
  • FlyThisKite
    FlyThisKite Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    My mom said when you are bigger it takes longer to tell(I don't know how much you have to loose) . I've lost 15 and nada. It will most likely take 20 or 30 before it makes a difference in me. Just keep trucking :)
  • RawCarrots
    RawCarrots Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    After 10lb couple of very close friends have mentioned it but they knew I'm trying to lose weight. After 20lb a lot of people started commenting, after 30lb even people I barely knew in passing were coming to me telling me I've lost a lot of weight:smile: I'm now 40lb down since November and everybody, including me, have gotten used to it, barely any mention :wink:

It really depends on how much you have to lose, I started at 190lb (just over 5`7) and I'm not sure if even I noticed the first 10lb myself. Now at 150lb 5bs are very noticeable!
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 3 lbs., but people have mentioned it. I'm small, 5'1.5", but I lost 1% body fat, which makes a difference, I think.
  • ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    About 20lbs before anyone who wasn't watching for a change (immediate family knows I'm dieting) began to notice. In that time I also dropped 2 pant sizes (from 16 to 12).
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3.5" and it took me going from 170 lbs to 150 lbs before anyone noticed. I agree the more you weigh, the more you have to lose, generally, too see a difference. At least others, I took weekly pictures for motivation because sometimes, it felt like nothing was happening.
  • TristansHawk
    TristansHawk Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I lost 20 lbs and people started to notice. My mom told me not to lose anymorre (she thinks I look gr www at :D) my dad and his wife were shocked when they saw me at work but congratulated me an dc my aunt tol me to enjoy it while it lasted because I would soon be fat like her and every other 60 year old lady (because aging causes you to get fat! I didn't noticed until my pants wouldn't stay up and I saw a picture of me from a year ago! Sorry about the spelling my phone is not being nice!