• catwink1
    catwink1 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Good job!:bigsmile:
  • claudie08
    claudie08 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies!!!

I don't log here very much, but one of my goals is to be in touch with you all more.

My goal for February was to lose 5 pounds in the last 2 weeks, but I ended up GAINING 5 pounds because I wasn't eating enough. I think I've figured it out (with Margaret's help) and have increased my caloric intake. I've already lost 1 pound, but I'm not logging this until I've lost the total 5. That will get me back where I was.

For March...I'm not putting a number on the pounds I want to lose, I just want to keep losing and tweak my plan as necessary. Also, increase my water intake and exercise more. My baby (he's 26 years old) moved to Virginia, so I've turned his room into my exercise studio. I miss my son so much already, but it helps knowing that he's surrounded there by alot of family from his father's side. Perhaps I need to make plans to visit him this summer...hmmmmmm!!!! Need to get my butt in gear!!!

Good Luck Everyone and Happy Birthday to all the March Babies!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,887 Member
    Options
    Hello to all: Welcome to newbies. Happy birthday to Joyce and Vicky!!!!! I sang two services at church today then came home a took a nap. Went out to see my horse even though it was only 2 degrees F. She was glad to see me and came trotting up when I whistled. I wasn't sure if she would be able to hear me with the wind.

I have joined the prayer shawl mission at church since I will have more time when I retire this month. They give them to people in the hospital for healing. Went rooting around in the closet for my crochet things that I have not used in many years and found I had some granny squares done, for what I have no idea, so I am pulling them together with a cream yarn and should have a shawl done soon. I am finding however that focusing on meditation for very long is probably not my strong point. I need to practice.

Healing angels to all who need them and congratulations to those with victories. Sue in SD
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    hi all,

Happy birthday to all the birthday girls

I am feeling a bit dumb - What does NSV stand for ? I get that it's a good thing... but can't work out what it is....

I had a great afternoon with my 17 year old niece, lunch and shopping - Lunch was crazy high - pizza and a milkshake - logged it and I'm moving on ! But lesson learned the shake tasted good but not 450+ calorie good. She is making all the big decisions and isn't picking all the things Mom wants; but she has to follow her dreams not Mom's and that is causing a lot of hurt feelings - hopefully they will get through it without a long term hurt to the relationship. Mom holds grudges though! I am still apologizing for a whoops 25 years ago. :noway:

I found a wonderful frozen dessert - it is a weight watchers frozen bar, dark chocolate covered raspberry ice cream 12 bars $3.50 and just 90 calories each.. WHY did I not have one of those instead of the shake :mad:

Lois you mentioned the red wine, I love it too and have started cutting mine with sparkling water - I started with 4oz wine 1 oz water and am now doing 2.5 wine and 2.5 water - just as happy with it and 1/2 the calories....

Rose, scary to read about DH's diabetes, but great to have him on board with you - easier to cook the same, and support each other.

Rori, another request for your curry recipe!

Have a great week everyone
    Kim in rainy N CA
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Did 30 minutes of a pilates tape I brought down and then 30 minutes of the yoga tape. I've found that I can bring yoga, pilates and taichi tapes down here. I do bring some weight ones, but I need to go to the Y to use them. I would be afraid to bring a walking tape since I don't know if the people below us are up early (like me) or not. Tomorrow I'm planning to go to the yoga class and then the step class. Then home to clean and do laundry in prep for leaving (boo boo)

I did buy some of the greek yogurt with added fruit since I don't have honey or the fruits down here. You know something, now that I'm used to lower sugar, it tastes TOO sweet for me

Going to go get a newspaper, I think I'll buy some of the Arctic Zero ice cream since last night I for some reason got so warm.

Heather - Vince said that he thinks before we come down here the next time, he's going to make an appt with an allergist down here. Making an appt with an allergist up in NC probably wouldn't help much since they have different pollens down here. He's also going to talk to our primary MD about seeing if he can get a portable nebulizer. I remember MIL had one, but for the life of me I can't remember if it was rented. Somehow I don't think she owned it since I can't seem to recall having to get rid of it after her passing. No matter what, as mothers we ALWAYS worry. I told Jessica that women are born with an extra gene, "the worry gene" and it doesn't kick in until you have children.

Lilymay - I bake all my cookies and freeze them baked. Then I can just take a few out of the freezer and they defrost in a few minutes. This especially helps in summertime when I don't always want to turn on the oven. Unbaked cookie dough would NEVER make it to my freezer!

DeeDee - trust me, I would have NO PROBLEM AT ALL staying in FL an extra week, none at all. But there ARE things we should take care of. You know what I've been thinking of, I really want to start to scale things back so that I don't have the commitments and can just pick up and come down here for a few weeks. Like my being head of hospitality for the Newcomers. If I give that up, even if Vince continues as Treasurer, really he should be at the board meetings, if he doesn't get to the general meetings its really not that big a deal, he can just email his report to the president. But I need to be there for Hospitality. So if I don't have that commitment, that at least frees us up for 3 of the 4 weeks in the month. Something else to think about -- the longer I stay in FL, the longer before I can bring this sunshine to NC....lol

Alison - I wouldn't doubt that it's allergies that's causing you to be run down. Vince had a bad reaction to the oak pollen down here.

CPAmommy - welcome, jump right in

joan from CT - welcome! So sorry about your husband

katla - do you deep fry your sweet potato fries? I've always had problems getting them crispy when I baked them. What do you do?

Joyce - may you have a great wonderful day tomorrow

Vicki - so glad dh's birthday party went well and you don't have much cake left. That's great! Not only is it good for the ego for people at a party to comment on your looks, but it's also a good incentive not to eat the wrong foods

Vince just told me that Bryan or Diana sent Denise a message about the Christmas packages which we sent in mid January. evidentially, they have to go to customs and declare that they don't know what's in the packages (huh?). What disturbs me is that it still hasn't been done. I'm feeling sad right now, the least they could do is get the packages and let us know that they got them. When I get home, I'm going to send them an email asking them to let us know if they got the packages since we had trouble with the shipping label.

Michele from NC who is quite sad right now
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    well had some cheese and crackers earlier. Will try to eat my usual bedtime snack. If I do OK with that I will have had 450 calories today:sad: Snowing, ice on ground. Big Happy birthday to me:sad:

Joyce
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone! I skimmed the posts but am too far behind to read carefully. I'm pretty sure that there are two new grandbabies--Congratulations to the Grammies! Happy birthday to those I missed!

This has been an extremely hectic week! My daughter is still at my house so I'm still going to her apartment every day to feed the kitties and scoop the poop. They are lonely and I wish I had more time to just sit and snuggle with them. Took one of them to the vet Saturday morning which was a new experience for me. Yikes! The waiting room was full of very large, very loud dogs. Poor Schatzi was beside herself and, without realizing it, I had pulled her carrier up to my chest and was huddled over her. My daughter was laughing at me and the front desk ladies were so sympathetic that they took us back to an exam room to wait. My son is still vomiting everything. His practitioner called Friday afternoon and confirmed the scope from last week was clear but that his blood work showed low iron. He will be scheduled for an endoscopy this week and they're going to attached something to his esophagus and he will have to wear a monitor for a couple of days. They're also planning to do some more biopsies while they are in there. On top of it all, the poor child is so constipated that we were at WalMart at 11 p.m. last night buying Exlax and he still hasn't pooped!

For me, I spent Thursday night talking with someone about the gossip issue. She suggests considering the source and just brushing it off. I talked to my son about it a little bit last night and reassured him that I had done nothing wrong and that I wanted him to be aware in case he got wind of it. I spent all of Friday afternoon in meetings working of things for my church. Between all of this, work, and chauffeuring children all over town, I have been exhausted. I took an unexpected 3 1/2 hour nap Saturday morning which helped. Today was hectic for me at church, but the rest of the day was pretty pleasant. Sunny skies and 70+ degree temps helped, along with getting to spend some time with a friend. I also earned an extra $25 by staying in the nursery at one of my employer churches this evening for a little over an hour. I didn't have any little ones so I walked a couple of miles up and down the hallway and around and around the room.

I have two breakfasts in the fridge and ready to go--I am in love with my oatmeal smoothies and overnight oatmeals. Meals are planned out for tomorrow, even though that might change a bit since we seem to be destined to get a "wintry mix" ending with several hours of sleet beginning around lunchtime tomorrow. I may have to adjust my work schedule to get the Monday basics done at both churches. I think it's time for this winter to be over. I really, really don't like the heat of summer, but I'm also really tired of ice!

I've blathered on long enough. It's bedtime--especially since the school system will probably call at 6 a.m. to tell me something weird will happen with the school schedule. My son hasn't been to a class on campus since November, so it really doesn't matter to me, but I dare not turn off the phone for fear something will happen to my parents and no one will be able to contact me.

Hugs to those who need them and high fives to those who have won some battles!

Carol in (for today) absolutely beautiful NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: The great success of the day is that we went to both WalMart and Costco and bought only what was on our lists…no impulse shopping.

:flowerforyou: We had an interesting adventure with the dryer……when I put the third load of clothes in the dryer, it made some sounds but wouldn’t start…….so I washed the last load and Jake agreed to take the wet laundry to the Laundromat to be dried and find a repair person tomorrow. When I started to bag up the wet laundry, I decided to try the dryer one more time and it worked……..no funny sounds or smells…I am so grateful.

:flowerforyou: Earlier this week I got a letter in the mail letting me know that I could renew my drivers’ license by mail or online……I had to certify that my vision was at least 20/40 and that I had no condition that would interfere with my driving. I got to renew by mail five years ago, too….I was very excited and put the check in the mail that very day.:bigsmile:

:brokenheart: Rose, sorry to hear about all your troubles, but glad to hear that DH has agreed to watch his eating and do more exercise.:bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Michele, driving on the speedway sounds like fun

:flowerforyou: Heather, I admire your consistency with exercise.

:flowerforyou: MA, the Doodle Dash sounds like so much fun.

:flowerforyou: Katla, one of the things I learned from “Salt, Sugar, Fat” is that table salt is only a tiny part of the over-consumption of sodium…..processed foods are the big offender because they use many ingredients with sodium in addition to salt.

:flowerforyou: Sylvia, whenever someone mentions a “plateau” or “starvation mode” the first thing I want to do is look at their food diary to see how nutritious their food is….my experience has been that eating healthy is the most important thing…1200 calories that include 700 calories of candy, salad dressing, wine, and cookies will not tell your body that it is being cared for.

:flowerforyou: Joyce, have you considered dairy as the offender in your gastric troubles? Happy Birthday

:flowerforyou: Margaret, one thing I loved about teaching first grade was reading Dr. Seuss books to kids.

:flowerforyou: Vicki, DH’s bday party sounds like it was an awesome event……happy birthday to you…will DH put on a big bash for you when you turn 60?

:flowerforyou: Kim, we’ve all learned from disasters like your 450 calorie shake…..learn the lesson and move on…..my big lesson was sweet potato fries at Cheesecake Factory---NSV stands for Non-Scale-Victory----like looser jeans, a compliment from a friend, or doing exercise that you couldn’t do before.

:flowerforyou: Carol, you are doing an amazing job of juggling all the challenges you have in your life.

:heart: Barbie from beautiful NW Washington

1461351h0otf8hco5.gif
    :bigsmile: 25,000 steps today ---yoga----lots of time on the exercise bike
  • CumberlandGrammy
    CumberlandGrammy Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Well, this is certainly a fun group, so I will jump right in! I am relatively new to MFP, beginning in earnest Jan 20, 2014, and am loving the wealth of information and support here.

My goals for March are to continue to log every bite each day and to exercise at least 40 minutes daily; to lose at least three pounds; to find some change on my measurements (first time trying this!); to finish my taxes; to prepare my garden beds for planting; and to stay on top of my coursework for edX, a free online source for college classes. Check it out! I am taking an EXCELLENT course called The Challenges of Global Poverty through MIT. It's not for credit, but certainly has got my brain thinking! So, my goals are for health, mind, body, and soul (that's the gardening component, for me!).

All the best to all of you!
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Here's my NSV...today I sat in my bathtub AND managed to get myself out again! The last time I tried that, about 15 years ago, I got stuck. Wedged in tight. Sadly, my hubby was at work at the time and I had to sit there about 6 hours till he got home to help me get out. My phone was not within reach. Still, that tub is pretty small. It's not a soaker tub, that's for sure. I doubt I'll be taking baths anytime soon, but I wanted to see if I fit and I did with room to spare.

I tried to watch the oscars on tv, but gave up. I like Ellen, but it didn't seem like she or any of the presenters were doing a very good job. Do they even read their lines ahead of time? It was painful to watch. And I never go to the movies, so I didn't know much about the movies or actors. I'll just look at the news tomorrow to see who won.

This morning I picked up at least a dozen dog toys from the floor around hubby's desk in his office. Now every one of them is back where they were. Bruno likes to be near hubby. He used to like me best, but not anymore.

By the way, I did make enchiladas using the mrs dash taco seasoning and they were very good. Not bad for low salt, anyway. I've really missed Mexican food.

Goodnight ladies!

Sylvia
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Barbie I hate dairy! I do put a litly teeny bit in my shredded wheat but don't even drink the left over milk. I don eat cheese. But I haven't made any changes at all in my habits in months and and I feel like this now. I did eat the yogurt tonight and it was sickenly sweet. I went ahead and ate it just because I knew I needed the protein. If this keeps up much longer I know I will have to buy me some protein shakes.

Joyce
  • pamnz
    pamnz Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi! I am from Dallas now living in New Zealand. New Zealand is great but I have gained 30 pounds and am trying to lose them. It is not easy when you are 60+. I just started MFP last week so I am a newbie. My son in Dallas says that you had "thundersleet" in Dallas after that 80 degree day. I have never heard of such. Congratulations on your weight loss and it seems like you have it on the run. Keep up what ever you are doing!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,804 Member
    Options
    morning ladies,
    well i am feeling a bit better,went to bed last night at 5 pm , fell asleep right after that, and woke up at 5:30 am:wink: thats alot of sleep.
    I am not going to chance catching anything at the gym and will wait until tomorrow am to go.
    going in at 10 am today..
    having my lemon water and messing on the computer and then will get some breakfast and,get my lunch together,
    take the puppies for a walk and then off I go...
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,356 Member
    Options
    Cumberlandgran and pamnz - welcome! :flowerforyou: And any other newbies I've missed. :flowerforyou:

Joyce and Vicki - belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Joyce - you will have to enjoy your birthday another day. :bigsmile: Vicki - so glad your DH'S birthday At Home went well. What a great tradition.:drinker:

Barbie - I admire my consistency in exercise too. :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :laugh: :bigsmile: I used to hate almost any form of exercise, apart from swimming, and even then I didn't like getting in and out of the pool.:laugh: I quite enjoyed tennis, but my knee and ankles didn't. I would not be doing any of it had not DH bought three machines for our spare room. He is soooooo fit and slim and has encouraged me all the way through. I am naturally a sluggard.:bigsmile: :blushing: Through MFP I read about the benefits of strength training so started that, very gingerly and sceptically, but I am a convert! The advantage to me of burning the calories is that I can cook and eat lovely food, which is a lifetime interest and consuming hobby.
    NSV - today I was looking in the mirror, held in my stomach a bit and could see a 4 pack! To check it wasn't my imagination I asked DH and he confirmed it. Yeah! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Sylvia - have you tried making a slimming lasagna? I got the idea from the Hairy Dieters, but they use blanched leeks for the layers which is too much faff forr me. I use thinly pared zucchini strips done with a peeler in place of the pasta. Works amazingly well and you don't need to parboil them. Then I do the Hairy Dieters' white sauce for the top, which is milk thickened with cornflour instead of a roux. A scattering of parmesan and you are off.:bigsmile: I give DH five or six new potatoes with his as he needs the calories, while I just have broccoli or something. As I make big batches of ragu it's easy to assemble.

Tomorrow night have WI, Women's Institute. We are doing various crafts and have to draw lots for which one. I hope I get the jewellery! Let's hope the electricity stays on this time! Last time it all went off in the storm and my lace making had to be abandoned as the emergency lighting was fading fast!:happy:
    Bit of food shopping today, veg, fruit etc. Tonight is hake, Chinese style. Easy and yum! Low in cals.

Bye for now, got to make the coffee for DH.

Love Heather in rainy Hampshire UK
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness Sylvia, congrats on your positive bathtub experience! Must have been really frustrating back in the day. But that day is in the past!! :flowerforyou:
    Alison: very glad you slept well again.

Wishing everyone a good day! :flowerforyou:
    Cynthia
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

Joyce:smile: Happy Birthday:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: !!!

Carol in NC:smile: Yesterday was fabulous:glasses: ! Hope you get some more time for yourself:flowerforyou: !

Michele:smile: It`s supposed to be kind of nasty here this week:sad: , winter has decided it`s not finished with us yet:angry: !

Welcome to all the new ladieis:flowerforyou: ! Hope you pop in often and chat with us!

Have a wonderful Monday ladies! Drink your water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: and log your food!!!

Hugs,
    DeeDee in NC
  • latoldy
    latoldy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Thanks for the inspiration to set some goals for March. If nothing else, I am going to ignore that little voice in my head that keeps telling me you "deserve a little ...". So often when I get stressed out I allow temptation to creep in falsely thinking I deserve a little treat. Too many little treats has slowed down my progress! My main goal for March is to incorporate some form of exercise daily. I was pleasantly surprised this weekend, after taking our dogs for a walk, that I was no longer struggling to breath. Less weight has surely contributed to less exhaustion. I have had a rough February; but glad to have MFP friends to keep me motivated to not give up. Wishing each of you a healthy, stress free day. Do something nice for yourself today!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather in rainy Hampshire: Thyme and sesame seeds sound good.:flowerforyou:

Joyce: Happy Birthday! I hope you have a lovely day. I like the RV rental idea, but couldn’t figure out how to actually contact the companies that do that online last night. Their sites seemed to be down. I told DH I don’t want to buy an enormous RV. He isn’t pleased. I’m willing to pursue the rental idea if I’m not the sole driver. My mouth doesn’t hate dairy, but my digestive system sure does. Lactose intolerance really changed my eating habits. I’m so thrilled with the soymilk products I can now use. Ricemilk is useful for cooking, but too thin and sweet to drink or use on cereal.:flowerforyou:

Vicki: Happy Birthday!:flowerforyou:

Sharon in VA: Great March goals!:flowerforyou:

Renny in BC: I agree totally with setting goals that are for actions I can control.:flowerforyou:

Sylvia: DH found a recipe for sodium free taco seasoning mix online. It works
    great for us:

Low Sodium Taco

This recipe = one package of taco seasoning
    Number of Servings: 6
    Ingredients
    1 tablespoon Chili Powder
    2 teaspoons Onion Powder
    1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
    1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
    1 teaspoon Paprika
    1 teaspoon Oregano, Ground

Claudia: I think your new goals are smart. I learned from Barbie and others that it is best to set goals for things I can control. I can control what I put into my body, but not how many pounds I lose in a given time period. Patience is the harder lesson. Getting healthy takes time.:flowerforyou:

Sue in SD: Enjoy your crocheting. I was considering making lap robes for nursing home residents for a while before I developed trigger finger. That idea went away, but I’ve recently been able to knit without hurting my hands due to the new knitting needles and crochet hook adapter. I may consider it again in the future if my luck holds. For now it is little projects like dishrags for me.:flowerforyou:

Kim in rainy N CA: NSV is non-scale victory. Examples include smaller clothing sizes, the ability to do physical things that we’d given up as impossible, unexpected compliments, and so on. They’re the real measure of success. Smaller clothes have been huge treats for me and very motivating.:flowerforyou:

Michele: I like your idea of scaling your commitments back to have more freedom to go to FL more frequently. It is always a challenge for me to have enough to do without getting over my head. I cut back my responsibilities by giving up a position with our Marina Association and am pleased about it. It didn’t actually take up much time, but I had a ton of “stuff” to keep in my office, and episodic stress over paper work. It is time for someone else to have a chance to contribute. We bake our sweet potato “fries.” It is easy and they’re yummy.:flowerforyou:

Carol in NC: I hope you get to the source of your son’s health issues and find a good solution. Sorry about the stress of being the victim of false gossip.:flowerforyou:

Barbie: We eat very few “processed foods.” We eliminated all sorts of crackers and snacks when DH was told that he needed to avoid wheat. It turns out that wheat is not a problem for him, but sodium is a huge problem. We haven’t had a desire to go back to processed foods because we feel better without all the added salt.:flowerforyou:

Sylvia: Your bathtub experiment shows that you’ve made great progress. What a wonderful NSV!:flowerforyou:

Pam in NZ: Welcome!:flowerforyou:

Brenda from MD: Congratulations on your success.:flowerforyou:

DH is unhappy with me this morning. After a restless night, I told him that I’m not willing to buy an enormous RV at this time. I’ve tried very hard to see things his way, but It is stressing me out! I am willing to rent one on occasion and if we like it well enough that we do it frequently, it could sway my opinion. He did a cost analysis of an RV trip v a hotel trip to see DD. The trip expenses were close to identical, not counting the cost of RV ownership, maintenance and storage. That is a huge amount of cost.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

March goals:

1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Move more: cardio at least 3 days a week and strength training as soon as I am able.
    3. Find a way to have fun at least once every day.
    4. Water: According to an article I saw on facebook, drinking water at certain times maximizes its effectiveness for the body. I’ll work toward following these guidelines:
    * 2 glasses of water after waking up - helps activate internal organs
    * 1 glass of water 30 minutes before a meal - helps digestion
    * 1 glass of water before taking a bath - helps lower blood pressure
    * 1 glass of water before going to bed
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Joyce - may you have one really fantastic day!

Carol in NC - how horrible for your son! Since he's vomiting everything, I hope he's getting the proper nutrients etc. Wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't constipated as much as there's nothing left for him to poop! oh, no, "wintry mix" for tomorrow. Hope that's by you and not me I'll have to check weather.com

barbie - good for you no impulse shopping. To be honest, I'm pretty good at that, only buying what's on my list. The exception is if there's something that I use (like Sams had Baby Bel on sale a while ago). The problem with Sams I find is that you get such BIG quantities and to me their prices aren't that good. But they are good if you need a large quantity of something. Glad your dryer worked. Must be female -- temperamental....lol I think in NC you have to go to the DMV to renew your drivers license and take a vision test. Honestly, I've seen people who are driving and they needed to have someone direct the into a HANDICAPPED parking space (which has more room). How right you are about our bodies needing nutritious food. I admit, I don't always have totally nutritious food. But I must say that it never ceases to amaze me how much you can eat for relatively few calories when you have lots of veggies. I don't think sweet potatoes are that low, but I've learned moderation with them.

Cucumberland - welcome. This is a great group. Keep coming back.

Sylvia - awesome NSV. I got something called "Salt Free 17". Pretty good

pamnz - welcome

DeeDee - I plan to pack sunshine in my trunk. And since I don't want to leave it there too long, I'll have to take it out. Just hope this doesn't mean that we're in for a hard summer.

Well, Vince said that he was planning to leave around 10 tomorrow to miss the rush hour traffic in Charlotte. Personally, I'd rather leave earlier (like 9) and get home earlier as there are things that I need to do to get ready for the next day. If he has to, maybe he'll have to take me out to dinner (life sure is tough, ain't it???). I'm going to try asking a gal who commutes to Charlotte a couple of times a week if the traffic is that bad.

Going to go get a paper and more of the fantastic grapefruit. It's SOOO sweet. Hope I don't have to stop at one of those agricultural stops....lol I would doubt it, I've brought oranges etc back before and never had to stop.

Then it's off to yoga and the step class. I think you're allowed something like 5 visits to the Y and then they charge something like $5 after that. I know I've used up my 5 but I think the woman is looking the other way. Not everyone uses their 5 so she's probably letting me use them. However, I did tell her that Mon would be the last time I'll be here so if we don't leave until later, I'm thinking that I'll just go walking around the parking lot. It's too chilly to go in the pool that early. I know the time we were down here in summer, I went in the pool right before we left.

Michele from NC who is going to clean the condo from top to bottom today (boo hoo)