Very Sad this morning

Options

Replies

• 1LoveChips
    1LoveChips Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Happy Belated! I don't make a fuss or even publish my DOB on social media... my family do call me, but as long as I have my wife and doggies with me on my birthday I'm happy!
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry that happened to you-in my opinion it's ok if acquaintances text or facebook happy birthday, but family or close friends should pick up the phone. Happy Birthday from me! :flowerforyou:
  • AbigailWins
    Options
    Aww that sucks I am sorry.

Happy Birthday from me and I want you to buy yourself something super nice.

If it doesn't come from them let it come from you!
  • threefancy
    threefancy Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    My family only celebrates birthdays for the kids. My birthday doesn't get acknowledged often, but it is not a big deal to me.
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Sorry it's late but:

TyaF1Ui.jpg

Since my divorce, I've learned to give myself birthday/Christmas, etc. gifts. My kids wish me Happy Birthday but they're all raising kids, etc (read "broke").

Be nice to yourself. Go to the movies, get a massage, buy yourself nice gift(s). Just think: You get what you want, it's the right size/amount/color and won't have to be returned or re-gifted.

(Edited because pic was too big)
  • Curleycue0314
    Curleycue0314 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Happy Belated Birthday!!!!

I TOTALLY get it. 2 years ago when I turned 30, I planned a great night out, invited all my friends and Family, and the only people who cared enough to be there was my Husband, one of my Husbands closest friends (who is like an older brother to me) and two of my husbands gay friends. Not one of my friends of family showed up! Totally hurtful!

I hope you still made a great day of it!
  • ProgressNotPerfection32
    ProgressNotPerfection32 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday. That really sucks. Mine was last week and we did the family thing, since grandma and I share the day. The one person I WANTED to hear from was my dad. We have had our issues since Christmas and being mean and stubborn, he completely ignored the day.

Hope you were able to make the best of it.
  • Burstingintolife
    Burstingintolife Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    *hugs, hugs and more birthday hugs* Sorry you are feeling down. :/ I hope hugs help a little. When I turned 30, I knew nobody was going to do something for me. It's just how my family is. So I decided to create my own special activity/achievement for that day. And you know what? It was awesome. I rocked it. It sucked that my family was the way they are (and have always been), but it was awesome that I kept rooting for me too. :) You can do things like: run a marathon, hang glide, plan a beach trip with friends, hike a mountain, take an astronomy class. The sky is really the limit as far as birthday celebrations go! And guess what? Just because the day has passed now, that doesn't mean you can't STILL celebrate. Just think on the good times and remember the sweet birthdays you had with your mother and cherish those. Think of what a blessing it was to have those moments and create your own birthday memories with those memories in your heart. <3 (AND, if you feel like it, send your siblings/friends a nasty "thanks for the non-birthday wishes" card) ;) j/k on that last part.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday. Make this year about you making new friends ..and don't go out of your way to do anything special for those who did nothing for your birthday .

Many times..it is the person who throws parties, buys the cake..and is thoughtful that gets the shaft because of their "good nature."
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    im sorry about your mom.. i lost my dad its hard.

happy birthday!:flowerforyou:
  • lisaanne1369
    lisaanne1369 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Yesterday my husband and I were doing our Sunday thing and chilling on the river and his mother calls him asking why he didnt call his sister or get her anything for her birthday last week.....REALLY! He took the time to write her on FB a very nice birthday wish but I guess that wasnt good enough?$$?

After 21, I feel unless there is a big 0 after the number, its just another day and as we get older we take what we can get.
  • Mrs_Cunningham2
    Mrs_Cunningham2 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    happy birthday to you.
    this is the second year without my mom .
    this birthday my dad called , one brother went on FB and the other one nevers calls and my husband said HB but no gift. but the next day went out and bought himself ****. WTF is it with people.
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Sorry it's been a rough day! Happy Birthday!! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • _ItsMyTime
    Options
    I am so sorry..... Happy birthday. Just celebrate with out them!!!!
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I am sorry! Happy birthday! What happened was technology, no one has time for the ones that matter now! Even when people have dinners, family gathering everyone is on their phones now days! Sad really!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    As much as I believe technology is great, there are times that it let's personal ethics suffer. It saddens me to see a family at a restaurant paying more attention to their phones, iPads, etc. rather than talk to each other. Isn't that what going out together is for? Or when people consider a text or email just as important as a live "Happy Birthday" or "hello". It takes more effort to actually talk to people and some don't look at it as being a positive.
    Sorry your b day didn't turn out as well as you expected. But on the bright side, waking up and breathing is always a good day.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ChaplainHeavin
    ChaplainHeavin Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I am a dad and know full well how much it means for my daughters to receive a call from both of us. And it is a special day. I will never forget the first time I laid eyes on them and watching my wife hold out her arms to hold them. And I look forward hearing from them on my birthday as well.
  • ChaplainHeavin
    ChaplainHeavin Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    As much as I believe technology is great, there are times that it let's personal ethics suffer. It saddens me to see a family at a restaurant paying more attention to their phones, iPads, etc. rather than talk to each other. Isn't that what going out together is for? Or when people consider a text or email just as important as a live "Happy Birthday" or "hello". It takes more effort to actually talk to people and some don't look at it as being a positive.
    Sorry your b day didn't turn out as well as you expected. But on the bright side, waking up and breathing is always a good day.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

You are spot on, sir. Right on the money.
  • Happy_Austinite
    Options
    Well said, ninerbuff.

I see kids at the park or at the lake engrossed in their text messaging, only partially aware of the beauty that surrounds them. And also in restaurants like you mention. I suppose it's an addiction. I have nothing against a little social technology as a supplement to living. I'm sure it can be convenient and fun, but there has to be some kind of balance, and a time to turn it off and live in the real world.
  • tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I'm really sorry you were so sad yesterday. I hope you are happier today.

xox