Refirm? ?

Options
124»

Replies

• tylerb140
    Options
    I am taking refrim been on it for three weeks lost 6 lb and feel like I normally so. For the ppl on here trying to talk up this pill or wondering why there partner is losing more weight and doing less the reason is because before they start this they were prob eating really bad because if you think about it every weight lose an with a pill says you need to eat healthy and excise and I will tell you that I use to eat fast food 3 meals a day so if you think about what my cal intake was I bet it was around 2500 meal that's 7500 at least in 1 day and now that I spent the money on this I am intakeing about 2500 a day so if 1 Ib of fat is = to 3500 cals that your prob going to lose weight just by eat less add a Little excise and boom more weight is lost ..... Oh yeah and those tone pills you can get at walmart for 7 dollars same thing Same color same size same ingredients. To a tee just to save you some money
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    You are selling junk and it is not allowed...reported... You do know that NOBODY needs pills and drinks in order to lose weight, do you??
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    You guys should try Plexus Slim. Some of the same ingredients but way more health ingredients...way less pills and it actually works. I've been on it since May and have lost 20 lbs and kept it off and I'm healthier than I've ever been. It works to regulate your blood sugar levels so you're not jumping up and down. Really is great stuff. Check it out :-)
    Solid first post. Spam is not appreciated.

This thread was bumped from a year ago. Just wanted to point out that most of the people using it have had almost no weight lost in the last year (like the woman on page one arguing it works great and her ticker says ZERO pounds lost).
  • rbear713
    rbear713 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I am a premed student and majored in biology. I do alot of extensive research on product ingredients, not products themselves. Best of luck to anyone using this product. I lost 22 lbs in 2 months and went from a size 40 waist to 32.

I work in finance with a degree in business. .. I've lost 70 pounds in 8 months from a size 20 to an 11 the good old fashioned way. Exercising and eating properly.

I can tell you..ITS ALL ABOUT MARKETING AND MAKING MONEY. Companies will tell you whatever they think they can get away with in order to wrestle that dollar form your pocket. Don't be fooled.

You want the benefits of green tea? You can get hundreds of green tea bags for less then 5 bucks.

You want to lose weight? Control your eating. Period.

You're right no magic pill.. including this one.

^^ this. WTF is a "Refirm Weight Loss Success Packet " anyway??

Eat LESS
    Eat BETTER
    Move your *kitten*
    Lose weight.
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    "In order to see weight loss results from the Daily Lean Life Packets, users must commit to a healthy diet and follow an exercise regimen. Once users start taking the multivitamins and see results, they can stop taking the multivitamin when they choose. This is typical of a supplemented weight loss plan. REFIRM's website also states users can take the multivitamin for the rest of their life if they choose, too.

While there isn't anything inherently wrong with this multi-vitamin product, our resident nutrition expert, Mary Hartley, RD, notes that REFIRM's Daily Lean Life Packets are just a fancy multi-vitamin. In other words, this combination of vitamins and minerals doesn't provide or do anything beyond what any over-the-counter vitamin supplement will do.

Read more at http://www.dietsinreview.com/diets/refirm-daily-lean-life-packets/#JD8MyJHFito18QlE.99"

Sounds like you're better off just following MFP and saving the money for a gym membership!
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Solid first post. Spam is not appreciated.

This thread was bumped from a year ago. Just wanted to point out that most of the people using it have had almost no weight lost in the last year (like the woman on page one arguing it works great and her ticker says ZERO pounds lost).

LOL - too funny - I haven't looked at her ticker - but I'm sure it worked great for whoever sold it to her!
  • MelieG88
    Options
    ...but to only lose 2lbs in 5 days...I dunno...I feel like it's been a bit of a waste.

Alright listen, first of all, its good that you are doing the diet AND exercise because you can't do one without the other and expect results. Second, HOW much weight did you plan on dropping at a time?! You expectations seem frivolous - the box itself says to expect 1-2 lb. weight loss in per week and you are unsatisfied with 2 lbs. in 5 days? It seems you have an unrealistic view of this supplement. Which for all intents and purposes isn't anything magic - just a few grams of leaf and fruit extracts. They will boost your metabolism slightly and may ward off food cravings a bit and the caffein will give you what a cup of coffee would for a "boost" but honestly you are wasting your money (I used to buy into this crap before my brother, a kinesiology graduate/body builder set me straight). Everyone is different, even twins following the exact same fitness/diet plan will lose weight at different rates and NOTHING is going to magically make you shed pounds rapidly like you are expecting (nothing safe at least). You are trying to CHANGE YOUR BODY - that doesn't happen overnight. Be patient, keep up with it, and you WILL see results.

Remember:
    4 weeks for you to see your body changing,
    8 weeks for for friends to notice,
    12 weeks for the rest of the world.
  • DznyGrlSD
    DznyGrlSD Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    SO GLAD I found this post. I agree suppliments don't do crap. I have a co-worker who just started this and paid over $200 for a bunch of fancy vitamins.

The tea extracts can be accomplished by a trip to Teavana and you can save $50.

Calories in < Calories out
  • Eatbeef
    Eatbeef Posts: 1
    Options
    I have recently tried this pill off and on for the last few months, YES I know the only successful weight loss comes from diet and exercise yet I'm still a sucker for quick starts and appetite suppression. The purpose of this post is to inquire if anyone has correlated a gall bladder issue after use of these pills? I have had some major gall bladder attacks even though my diet has changed for the better. I don't recall having gall bladder issues previously.
  • miabaker96
    Options
    I used ReFirm (the whole system) and it did absolutely nothing for me. I had lost 10 pounds alone before I started, and then I stopped losing once I started the system. The morning pills made me sick, even though I ate with them and drank water with them. It was a very disappointing process, especially since I spent a lot of money on it.
  • mkm9954
    mkm9954 Posts: 1
    Options
    I've been on Refirm for just over a week and I'm NOT feeling well at all. I'm having terrible heartburn, I feel panicky, and I have a dull headache. I'm also not sleeping well. Damn. I had such high hopes for this product. The folks at Complete Nutrition told me to bring it back if I have issues, so I will do that tonight. I just don't feel like myself on this product, but I WILL say my appetitie has decreased significantly!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    So basically you got nothin to go on except maybe the fact that you bought into the same kind of plan at one point in time and it didn't work for you?

There are no magic pills or short cuts. The successful way to lose weight is to learn healthy eating habits, calorie deficit and portion control. You are setting yourself up for failure if you try the magic pill route. And draining your pocket book as well by buying into gimmicks and fad diets.

Check back with this thread in 6 months to let us know of your progress.
  • parkerdani
    parkerdani Posts: 1
    Options
    ok, THANKS You have convinced me to stop listening to these commercials.

I will say to the girl who lost 2.5 lbs vs 8 lbs.. you are probably gaining muscle. That is good weight loss for a week. I am assuming if you are working out 45 minutes a day you were already doing it. I agree it is the exercise instead of the pill. That is a healthy way to lose weight and if you keep it up you will be able to maintain. Good job.
  • arielsmith1
    Options
    Hi,
    Men, gain and lose weight easier than women. We are made to sustain children. And just because you're working out more than your boyfriend it doesn't mean you aren't losing the weight. Like they said below, you are probably gaining muscle rather than just losing it RIGHT off your body. You will lose the weight, you can do it :) don't worry about it! Keep working!
  • adela_4123
    adela_4123 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I used the gold Tone pills and Refirm Am pills till the bottles were empty, my diet is not very clean but i do watch my calorie intake. Very active, I workout 5 days a week, cardio and strength, wanted to loose those stubborn last 7 lbs. These pills did absolutely nothing for me. Wish i could have kept my money..
  • Kymbriesue
    Options
    I tried it. $200, TOTALLY NOT WORTH IT!! I would recommend the PM booster, I'm a good sleeper but this really helped with a "sounder" sleep. Other than that, it did NOTHING for me. I have completely changed my diet, cut carbs exercise 5 days a week and still haven't lost a pound. I too wish I could have kept my money.
  • lizmoore1481
    Options
    The Refirm program from complete nutrition is NOT "green tea pills". It actually says nothing to do with green tea!
    I just started the one month program on Saturday. So far I have not lost anything but it has only been a few days so I'm not worried. The first day I felt jittery after working out and these past few days I have had a different feeling in my stomach. At first I thought I was nauseous. But then I realized that wasn't it. I'M FULL. Before taking these pills I swear I could eat an entire fridge full and still want more. Now that I have been on these pills (and also am taking Refirm PM) I cut my serving sizes down and still get full. I eat 3 healthy meals a day and am satisfied. I have been working out for an hour a day and am very hopeful on the results of my weight loss. I will update (:
  • mjsolomon
    mjsolomon Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had some samples and this is what I think. I only got the AM capsules, because reports about the PM capsules said they contained diuretics and laxatives. The AM capsules' ingredients seemed harmless.

I have only taken 1 a day, though the instructions say to take 2. But I'm only good about getting my pills (vitamins, Fish oil, etc.) in the morning.

I have not felt jittery or anything. I don't feel a difference. The only thing I've noticed is that I'm not sleepy. So naps I normal enjoy taking can't be taken because I can't convince myself to go to sleep. And I'm up till 12 and up again at 6. I am not tired either. I actually feel a little weird in fact trying to get to sleep. It's hard to explain. I had to visualize myself in a very large open space before I could sleep. Anyway... other than that... no physical downsides as far as I can tell.

I do think that so far (4 days in) there's just the slightest edge taken off my appetite. Just the ooch I need to say no to the extra serving, or drive by the fast food restaurant and eat my sandwich and apple at home. I don't feel full, and I could see where, if you already didn't have good habits, this would not help much. It's just an "oooch" that might help someone get on the right side of the eating track. I'm willing to accept arguments that it is just a placebo effect. But at this point I'll take that too. I've heard that a cup of coffee could have the same results, but I don't drink coffee.

I am also down 2 lbs this week. For me that's miraculous. I've been plateauing OR rising lately. I haven't seen a 2 lbs weight loss in a week in 3 years at least. Even with water weight/salt, etc. Quickly, about me: I weighed 307lbs in October 2010. I started my health journey mostly focused on exercise and not drinking my calories. I got to 207 in July of 2012 and then stayed there for a YEAR. Then in September of 2013, I started gaining weight again. I've gained about 25 lbs. Yikes! Not sure why as I don't believe I've changed anything. Regardless... at this point, most things that won't kill me are worth a shot.
  • bjaballah
    bjaballah Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    They sold me the refirm pills and also a powder PRIME Drive. IDK which one is doing the trick. They're expensive so i'd love to cut one back but they actually have made me not feel hungry. I don't get the temptations to eat like i used to and i only take 1 of the pills per day.
    The first day i did feel a surge of energy and haven't since then but they are def controlling my appetite which i love. Im thinking about getting the stronger pills next time