Whats your favorite exercise!?

Options
Post your favorite workouts and I will give them a try! I'm looking for some variety! Thanks everyone!

Replies

• tquill
    tquill Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    PHAT for bulking and reverse pyramid training for cutting.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I lift weights a couple of days per week at the moment and I'm spending quite a bit of time on my bike as I'm training for an event. After my event I will revert back to a more typical workout regimen which would be lifting 3x weekly full body and spending a few days riding my bike for an hour or so and probably throw some swimming in there as well since it'll be summer by then.
  • byarger
    byarger Posts: 22
    Options
    I will have to try the pyramid training! I haven't done that before. Don't you start off with low weight and lots of reps and then work towards a heavy weight and fewer reps your last set?
  • byarger
    byarger Posts: 22
    Options
    I cant wait to get my bike out! Too much snow here still, I would slip and end up hurting myself :-(
  • ZeldaMarooner7
    Options
    I love just a simple walk on the treadmill for 20 minutes or so. But I couldn't do it without my music!
  • tquill
    tquill Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I will have to try the pyramid training! I haven't done that before. Don't you start off with low weight and lots of reps and then work towards a heavy weight and fewer reps your last set?

For pyramid training, yes... but I'm a fan of reverse pyramid training, which does the opposite. I prefer to do the heavier weights when my muscles are the most fresh. Of course, I do a few warmup sets before "starting" with the heavy weight.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Squats, hip thrusts, bent over rows and cycling are my favorites.
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Hiking! I live in Arizona where the mountains and hiking trails are plentiful. :smile:
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I love lifting, though I am not doing it right now. And I LOVE running.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Hiking... for sure!
  • bjg2993
    bjg2993 Posts: 107
    Options
    I just walk everywhere, but I live in Durham, UK so the scenery is absolutely stunning which makes it a lot nicer than I imagine it would be in some places.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Cycling is my favorite, though I have to confess that this winter I've been doing it mostly on rollers in the basement, which is pretty dull.

You could always get a pair of these:
    E296close.jpg

I have Schwalbe Marathon Winter tires for one of my bikes. But this winter, I've been doing some cross-country skiing and I've gotten back into running, which is fun to do outside in the cold (with proper clothes), as long as the roads or trails are clear.

I'm not a fan of resistance exercising, but I do a basic bodyweight workout to keep from looking like a floppy rag doll, and to keep up my core strength. I consider it to be the fitness equivalent of flossing regularly. :-)
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Reverse Pyramid Training with lifting to failure
  • suncluster
    suncluster Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Google the Spartacus workout if you are up for somehting new and challenging. :)

All time favorite is hiking and running.
  • fishsquishy
    fishsquishy Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Soccer and Zumba.
  • flet2
    flet2 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    As of late, any bodyweight progression. On a good day i can knock out a set of pistol squats with no counter weight. I feel pretty accomplished after that haha.
  • Toxyc
    Toxyc Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My older sister got me to start doing zumba and I'm in love with it. Dancing is definitely my favourite way. Other than that, bike riding or walking would be my favourites.
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    ZUMBA!! I usually burn about 550- 630 calories in an hour and when I'm gettin it I feel sexy!! it's a lot of fun and even though I don't know all the moves just trying to keep up and learn the moves still burns calories and that is my main goal.
  • Amazonbella
    Amazonbella Posts: 338
    Options
    VOLLEYBALL!!!!
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    For cardio, I like running, and am doing a few races this year so I am constantly training. When I don't run I mix it up... outdoor I like biking, indoor I enjoy the rowing machine.

I do some resistance training as well. I generally do full-body workouts with more of a focus the upper body lately (bench press, pull ups, seated rows, push ups, etc.).