What was your NSV this week?

Options

Replies

• kaylajane11
    kaylajane11 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I tried on my prom dress yesterday, which was way too tight two years ago.

Zipped up no problem yesterday - almost eleven years after my prom!
  • dmo22
    dmo22 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Tried on a dress I love that hadn't zipped for a year and it zipped! Also tried on a pair of pants that I bought too small because they were on a really good sale and the last left, and they fit perfect!
  • FlabFighter86
    FlabFighter86 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Chest pressed 2 x 5k dumbells at 2 sets of 15 for the first time!
  • MissStatement
    MissStatement Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Picked up and moved a piano with my husband. Thanks deadlifting!
  • liftingandlipstick
    liftingandlipstick Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    A coworker brought me krumkakkes (a Swedish cookie that I absolutely adore!) today as a thank you. I only ate one. The rest are sitting in my kitchen where I have to purposely grab one, rather than just mindlessly eating them.

Also, I've switched to a smaller milk glass. This is a HUGE thing for me- I used to drink 2 or 3 large glasses (2.5 cups each) every night. I'm now using a 1 cup juice glass, and usually one have one. I switched to skim as well, but I'm not 100% sold on it yet.
  • MountainTopMom
    MountainTopMom Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have lost 2 inches off my waist and 1.75 off my hips in the past month! <happy dance>
  • the_great_unknown
    the_great_unknown Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Without thinking about it, I pushed myself up onto a little wall that is about 6" above my waist. I didn't know I was strong enough to do that.
  • centaurizoe
    centaurizoe Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I went jogging twice (last night in the rain) and have done a total of 210 squats, and around 30-50 lunges/other calisthenics :)
  • happyfeet1993
    happyfeet1993 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Weird one, but my wrists are smaller. Watch that fit a tiny bit too snug is now fitting comfortably.
    Would not have noticed that if it wasn't for that watch, because i mean who notices their wrists?ahha
  • dtimedwards
    dtimedwards Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Ran 26 miles yesterday, and my post-run weigh in was 197. I haven't been under 200 in over 20 years.

I went to an amazing wine pairing dinner, followed up by an ungodly amount of whiskey, and an ice cream night cap. All without an ounce of guilt.
  • srr728
    srr728 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I actually like exercising. I look forward to the treadmill.. I was pissed off, so I walked 3 miles. Im addicted to endorphins.
  • moonstoneme96
    moonstoneme96 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    This weekend I wore the same dress (I wore it as a shirt) that I bought to wear last valentines day! OMG huge difference and looks much better on me now :happy:
    184358_10151495865651217_1868557030_n.jpg
    1900057_10152243757916217_90342348_n.jpg

you look great! good job!
  • sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    When I first tried 30 Day Shred back on January I almost died after the first five minutes.
    Today I tried Level 1 again and it was almost BORING! :laugh:
  • RockingGranny
    RockingGranny Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    This week's NSV ---- to keep from losing my wedding ring, I had to buy a ring guard. I have lost so much weight that my formerly fat fingers are no longer fat. Once I reach my goal and stabilize, I will get my ring sized.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    I bought a pair of pants last summer-size 16 but I told myself they were english so it must be different sizing (I'm usually a 14). They fit well-have some stretch in them
    I wore them again this week and they are loose-It felt like they were slipping down I can still wear them but will add a belt!
  • EvenThatNameIsTaken
    EvenThatNameIsTaken Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    ran 5k in 36 min 20 minutes, my new personal best :) and have started doing interval runs getting up to 7.5 mph for 30 seconds or so. woot! can't wait for my lifting books to get here so i can start incorporate some real lifting into my routine too.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I was finally able to get a decent selfie of my *kitten*. It looked round ;)
  • linkirving
    linkirving Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    My nsv of the week is a huge energy increase. Week two of this new life, and I'm already feeling like a person who is more fun to be around. WOOP WOOP.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    a friend called me this evening and was complaining I wasn't answering my phone this afternoon. I told him I was running. he asked " how long?"

" 18.5 miles", I said.

Pause

" you are a f*****g lunatic, do you know that?" he replies…

that is the biggest compliment you can give a runner.
  • Shuuma
    Shuuma Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    My NSV this week is that I finished the entire Jillian Michaels Body Revolution! Day 1: I puked. Day 90: I rocked it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!