I don't over-eat too much and I workout..

Options
However, weight loss just DOES not seem to be happening for me =/ I don't understand why. I am 5'2 and sadly 199, I actually gained since getting back on this site...If I go over my calories, it's rarely over 2000. I am a healthy vegetarian (not a "french-fry vegetarian") as well. I eat a lot of vegetables/fruit/quinoa and all that good stuff. So...am I dying or something?

Replies

• albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    let me put together what people will tell you...
    "you are eating too much, more than you think"
    “weight your food"
    "buy a food scale"
    "log your food and be honest"
    and everything else along those lines...
  • couleeman
    Options
    ditto........I hit the gym 3x a week. try to stay under my calorie allotment......lost 25lb before starting here. still have some to go. We can do this.
  • karmahunger
    karmahunger Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    As I said, I *rarely* go over 2000, so it's not enough to make me not lose weight. I am somewhat active and I always log EXACTLY what I eat.
  • karmahunger
    Options
    It's 1500. I'll open it, haven't been to the gym yet today so it seems high.
  • karmahunger
    Options
    Oh I also don't always log at-home workouts such as stretches, yoga and walking.
  • firelight4321
    firelight4321 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Maintenance for a woman your height would be around 1750.

Are you weighing your food? Always weigh your food, don't estimate, and don't use measuring cups.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    You "don't overeat too much"? What does that even mean? Are you weighing your food, all of it? If you are estimating, it is extremely easy to overestimate your intake. Start there and review your progress in a few weeks.
  • AwesomeGuy37
    AwesomeGuy37 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I weigh about 100 lb. more than you and I never eat over 1800 calories ans lose about 2 lb. a week. . You are probably netting maintenance calories.
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    let me put together what people will tell you...
    "you are eating too much, more than you think"
    “weight your food"
    "buy a food scale"
    "log your food and be honest"
    and everything else along those lines...

This..because every quote here is true.

This is a good article: http://www.acaloriecounter.com/blog/why-am-i-not-losing-weight/
  • karmahunger
    Options
    Alongcame: I meant too often.

I measure with cups, I guess I'll buy a scale when I'm not broke.
  • nerual13
    nerual13 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Just taking a look at your diary, you've got a lot of carbs and not a lot of protein. If you're anything like me, I'm discovering that pushing my protein way up and pulling my carbs down has REALLY done wonders for me! 332 grams of carbs today, that is an awful lot! I'd say look for some great protein sources and see if you can get those a bit more in balance.

As a bonus to that, I've found that with a high protein count I'm a lot more energized and a lot more focused at work. Try it out for a bit and see how it works for you.

Also, I see quite a bit of packaged / prepared foods. That was another thing I cut out recently and it really is working. I just feel so much better and definitely losing weight.

You're on the right track because you're looking at these things and working to change. You can do this!!! :)
  • firelight4321
    firelight4321 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Well for 5 out of the past 7 days, you went over 1500 calories. Two days you went over 2000 calories. How much are you exercising? How many cals do you burn during a workout?

You have a lot of carbs & sugary foods. Try to cut back on these and eat more protein, which seems to be low often.
  • karmahunger
    Options
    As I said, I don't always log exercise. What foods am I eating that constitutes "a lot" of sugary foods?
  • karmahunger
    Options
    Ah **** it. I'll just go back to eating 1000 calories.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Your average calorie intake for the last week was 2085, which is almost 600 calories a day over your calorie goal. In addition to that, you may have some inaccuracies due to using measuring cups not a scale. It appears that you are eating at maintenance.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Ah **** it. I'll just go back to eating 1000 calories.
    Why not just stick to your calorie goal?
  • goldtintedspecs
    Options
    First of all, go get checked. You might have thyroid problems or some other health issue that interrupts weight loss.

Second, 2000 seems like a LOT for a person your size. If you eat 2000 calories there's not enough calorie deficit for weight loss. Also remember that we usually misjudge our portions, and think they're smaller than they are - so you might be eating more than 2000, which would make you gain weight. I try to leave a margin of 100 calories between my allotted ~1600 and what I actually eat. We'll see next week if it pays out :)

Good luck!
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    As I said, I *rarely* go over 2000, so it's not enough to make me not lose weight.

I had to go exactly 2 days into your diary to find a 3000 calorie day.

Bluntly - you aren't being honest with yourself about how much you're eating, and that's why the weight isn't coming off.