Realistic 1-10 attractiveness scale

Alehmer
Alehmer Posts: 433 Member
Just wanted to put this out there since I see a lot of these rating threads, which are rendered meaningless by how EVERYONE is 7-10.

99.99% of us simply aren't that attractive, and I think it's disingenuous. Now, I also recognize that the real intent of those threads is getting an ego boost for everyone and nobody wants to hurt feelings, so maybe this is meaningless, but... Here's what I think the scale should be if we're actually wanting to get rated (and recognizing that it's very subjective, and that Persona can sway this to a HUGE degree)

10 - Helen of Troy, Apollo, some supermodels, a person so beautiful that it practically hurts to look at them. You might see one or two of them in the flesh in your whole life. The kind of person you who would walk by and cause you to stop mid-sentence and stare. One in a million, probably even less.

9 - Smokin hot. Wow. You will be remembered by people who walk past you on the street for some time to come. Underwear models and movie stars, including 'those' movies. People think about you when they are naked and alone. It's possible that there's a handful of them on this site.

8 - The very top of normal, bottom of 'wow'. Most models for regular products (IE, shampoo or cars but not underwear) The most attractive 2-3 people you know in real life. Top 4%-5% on this site.

7 - Hey there, starting to look pretty good. Stand out in a crowd, no problem getting dates/hook-ups if they want to and have a human personality and there's no really beautiful people around.

6 - Attractive, the kind of person you would describe as, "Well, I guess they are kinda pretty/handsome" Wouldn't feel short-changed to get set up with them on a blind date.

5 - Middle of the road! Due to subjectivity, some find them mildly attractive, some find them mildly attractive. Style and persona could really sway this one way or another. Your eyes would glide right over them in a crowd.

4 - Unattractive, but somebody in love could think them beautiful in their 'own special way'. Not somebody you approach without knowing anything else about them.

3 - The ugliest an 'average' person will get. Picture the absolute least attractive 2-3 people you know in real life.

2 - Frighteningly ugly, probably still a victim of some malady that makes them look the way they do. Takes work to not stare, probably think to yourself, "God DAMN you ugly!"

1 - Barely recognizable as a human. Perhaps a vitcim of a horrific accident or fire, or perhaps a terrible genetic abberation. Children stop and stare, adults struggle to not stare. At this point you just feel sympathy.

Replies

• Alehmer
    Alehmer Posts: 433 Member
    On my best day, I give myself a 6.5
  • Haha....this was great....I agree!
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    2lkz2qf.gif
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    @Krys 7.5 as well
  • jjennyb4
    jjennyb4 Posts: 1,581 Member
    ummm 8
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    I have no interest in assigning a numerical value to someone, or having one assigned to me, I just thought this thread was amusing.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    I guess I'm a 4 then :laugh:
  • cherie515
    cherie515 Posts: 37 Member
    Mia -8 If you are in shape enough to do a backbend like that, doesn't even matter we can't see your face...fit is sexy!
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Just wanted to put this out there since I see a lot of these rating threads, which are rendered meaningless by how EVERYONE is 7-10.

99.99% of us simply aren't that attractive, and I think it's disingenuous.

6 - Attractive, the kind of person you would describe as, "Well, I guess they are kinda pretty/handsome" Wouldn't feel short-changed to get set up with them on a blind date.
    On my best day, I give myself a 6.5

So what you meant to say was" 99.99% of you hideous trolls aren't that attractive, because I'm a 6.5"
    Disney-Prince-Pick-Up-Tactics-Tangled.jpg
  • Sarita2724
    Sarita2724 Posts: 3 Member
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    I have no interest in assigning a numerical value to someone, or having one assigned to me, I just thought this thread was amusing.

10/10
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    I thought "beauty is in the eye of the beholder", so isn't it all just relative anyway? What I think is a 9, someone else might think is a 7, and all that. So what does it really matter?
  • Orion782
    Orion782 Posts: 391
    *SLOW CLAPS*

Thank you for this, sir. I laugh every time I see the 8-10's thrown out there. There are a few 9's here, but let's be honest...most of us would be fortunate to be 6-7...
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    I give myself a 17/10. People's eyes explode when they focus on me for too long.

Edit: Grammar oops.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    I think there's some genuinely gorgeous people on this site, male and female.
  • KatyMarie1984
    KatyMarie1984 Posts: 114 Member
    I thought "beauty is in the eye of the beholder", so isn't it all just relative anyway? What I think is a 9, someone else might think is a 7, and all that. So what does it really matter?

2nd this.
  • brewji
    brewji Posts: 752 Member
    I give myself a 17/10. Peoples eyes explode when they focus on me for too long.

Ditto. Our threads are a self esteem boost if anything.

Looks like this thread is all caught up in knots :P
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    I think there's some genuinely gorgeous people on this site, male and female.

And not just from looking at them. Summertime's lovely. I know this from her posts.