competitive

Options

Replies

• BLammi
    BLammi Posts: 34
    Options
    Hi everyone - I'm a firm believer that as long as we keep at it . . it will eventually come off - even if it takes longer than I want :)

I only lost one pound this past week - my goal had been two, but I guess that's better than nothing. The frustrating part is that I worked out a lot, especially yesterday, and was feeling like I would reach my goal.

Congratulations funo145 on your loss! You had a stressful weekend and still came out ahead - way to go!

Way to go everyone else for your successes - or just being honest with your progress - it would be way too easy to not report and go back to old ways (that in itself is a success!).

My goal for next week is two more pounds down . . .
  • pack533
    pack533 Posts: 224
    Options
    Just checking in.

I am down to 211 this week

6 pounds total gone.

Good luck and have a great week.
  • funo145
    funo145 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone - I'm a firm believer that as long as we keep at it . . it will eventually come off - even if it takes longer than I want :)

I only lost one pound this past week - my goal had been two, but I guess that's better than nothing. The frustrating part is that I worked out a lot, especially yesterday, and was feeling like I would reach my goal.

Congratulations funo145 on your loss! You had a stressful weekend and still came out ahead - way to go!

Way to go everyone else for your successes - or just being honest with your progress - it would be way too easy to not report and go back to old ways (that in itself is a success!).

My goal for next week is two more pounds down . . .

Thanks BLammi.... you have been such a great support this weekend... I couldn't ask for anything more... I love your positive attitude! Thank you for being here and reminding us all that we will make it as long as we keep at it... :flowerforyou:
  • Mary24
    Mary24 Posts: 398
    Options
    Hi I just thought I'd check in on everyone and let you all know how I'm doing, I'm still 239 pounds dont know why I've been doing so well, :ohwell:

Hope your all having a great week.:drinker:
  • BLammi
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    Another monday and another check-in.

I, unfortunately, lost nothing this week - however I'm not that disappointed/discouraged because I was able to wear a pair of pants on the weekend that I haven't worn in a looooong time and it's a certain time of the month (which typically means I gain weight, and the fact that the scale hasn't moved is encouraging!).

How's everyone else doing this Monday morning?
  • kirstenkohn
    Options
    I lost two pounds this week, it was actually easy b/c my husband was out of town, so I had more time to work out, and I didn't eat badly at all this weekend soooo...2 more...wooohoo hopefully I'll be seeing you guys next week in the 150's

weight 160
    starting weight was 165 or 166 I can't remember? I'll have to go look:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • petunia
    petunia Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    well... I guess things are OK on my front... the 2 pounds that were around last week (water weight) were gone within a day or so... and I'm 'maintaining' - nothing lost in about 2 weeks though.. :mad:

not going to get frustrated.. just happy that the scale didn't go the other way...

my clothes are really feeling different, etc.. so I'm telling myself that I'll see the scale DO WHAT IT'S TOLD soon..

bad scale... :grumble:
  • funo145
    Options
    Hey everyone,

Just tought I'd check in a few days late. I was in Lake Tahoe for a bachelorette party for a couple of days.... which means... lots of food and lots of drinks. I didn't do toooo horrible on the food part... just a little horrible..hahaha... but the alcohol I'm sure killed me. AND I haven't been able to go to the gym at all since I left..

My goal between today and monday is simple.. get back on track... go back to the gym daily, and start eating right. As of this morning, I weighed myself and I'm up one pound (probably from all that partying I did) so one pound for all the memories isn't bad to me at all. My goal for monday is to get rid of this one pound I gained.. and one more if possible but i only have a few days... :)

I'm glad to hear everyone had a good check in this monday... :) and I know you are all doing better than me right now... so I better get going so I can get back into the game...

(Thanks for being a place to check in and encouragement... Would anyone be interested in keeping this going longer than just this month????)

Flo
  • ginabena74
    Options
    Hi guys.
    I would like to join your little group.
    I have 20-25 lbs that I would like to loose. I lost 18 lbs through a challenge on Baby center.com. I did really well for like two months and then I fell off the wagon. I gained back 7.5 lbs during my hiatus. I have climbed back on the wagon this week and I am feeling better about things, but I know that I need the motivation of a challenge.
  • petunia
    Options
    Hi guys.
    I would like to join your little group.
    I have 20-25 lbs that I would like to loose. I lost 18 lbs through a challenge on Baby center.com. I did really well for like two months and then I fell off the wagon. I gained back 7.5 lbs during my hiatus. I have climbed back on the wagon this week and I am feeling better about things, but I know that I need the motivation of a challenge.

Hi and welcome... sorry none of us have responded until now... we usually check-in on Mondays... good luck to you and welcome back to the wagon (I'm strapping myself on this time so hopefully I won't fall off.. :laugh: )
  • petunia
    Options
    Hey everyone,

Just tought I'd check in a few days late. I was in Lake Tahoe for a bachelorette party for a couple of days.... which means... lots of food and lots of drinks. I didn't do toooo horrible on the food part... just a little horrible..hahaha... but the alcohol I'm sure killed me. AND I haven't been able to go to the gym at all since I left..

My goal between today and monday is simple.. get back on track... go back to the gym daily, and start eating right. As of this morning, I weighed myself and I'm up one pound (probably from all that partying I did) so one pound for all the memories isn't bad to me at all. My goal for monday is to get rid of this one pound I gained.. and one more if possible but i only have a few days... :)

I'm glad to hear everyone had a good check in this monday... :) and I know you are all doing better than me right now... so I better get going so I can get back into the game...

(Thanks for being a place to check in and encouragement... Would anyone be interested in keeping this going longer than just this month????)

Flo

I'm in this for the long haul, so I'm game to keep going... good luck on your goals of getting back on track and hopefully the scale will be kind to you on Monday (I'm hoping my little plateau will be BROKEN by then :grumble: )

Bad Scale... Bad..
  • BLammi
    Options
    I'd like to continue to! I was hoping Monday wouldn't be the last!!!

As for the wagon, I have myself locked on with a thick chain . . . :) Welcome genabena74!

FYI we're at the end of our first month's challenge (final check-in on Monday). The awards ceremony will follow :) . . :drinker:

It looks like we'll start up again - perhaps for another month-long challenge?!?!

I'm hopeful for the next month as I was on vacation for three of the past four weeks:sad: The vacation was great - but not the weight loss! (Look at that, the excuses are starting already!)
  • BLammi
    Options
    Happy Monday morning :smile:

My results for the past month are okay - I've lost 3 lbs and pretty much an inch in every measurement.

I'm looking forward to the next month as our home routine is getting somewhat back to normal.

My goal is to lose an additional 8lbs in the next 4 weeks (2lbs per week).

How did everyone else do?
  • petunia
    Options
    OK... here it is...

The good news is that I FINALLY BROKE THE PLATEAU I WAS ON and dropped another pound..

so, that brings me to a total of 4 pounds lost... :drinker:
    right on target, a pound a week is my goal (would love it to be more, but beggars can't be choosers)...

I didn't record measurements until a few weeks ago, so I'll have to see next month how it goes...

We do have vacation coming up in September, so that's extra incentive to do well in the next few weeks..

Thanks everyone! Good Luck for next month! :bigsmile:
  • funo145
    Options
    I started this a month ago at 163 and I am now at 158 = I lost 5 pounds. :)

WOW... this final weigh in makes me happy. I was 158 2 weeks ago, but then I went to a bachelorette party in tahoe for a few days, came back at 159, and today went back to 158. So, I feel like I haven't really lost much, but to say i'm down 5lbs, makes me feel awesome.

I'm so glad you are all in to keep this going...

Congrats on being losers this month everyone!!!!!:drinker:
    And once again, thanks for all the support!!!:flowerforyou:

Ok my goal is 8 lbs this next month. (2 lbs a week..) This is going to be a challenge as I go back to teaching my second graders next week... Best of luck everyone!
  • pack533
    Options
    Good Luck Everyone.:flowerforyou:

Here are my results for the last month.
    I started at 217
    I ended at 208
    My total weight gone is 9 pounds.

The major progress that I have seen is in my Body Fat Percentasge
    I Started at 31%
    Total it is at 24%
    7% gone.:tongue:

GOOD LUCK.:flowerforyou: :drinker:

Toni
  • kirstenkohn
    Options
    for one month
    I started at 165
    I ended at 157

I lost 8 pounds!!!
  • kirstenkohn
    Options
    we can do this again if people want to, I'm up for it, if you guys are! next month I want to lose 10 pounds that's my new goal.
  • BLammi
    Options
    Way to go!!!:flowerforyou:
  • pack533
    Options
    Has everyone checked in to finish this challenge?

I am willing to join again for the new one. My new goal is 10 pounds in the next month. Let me know when you start it.

Thanks
    Toni