shakeology and jillian

Options
2»

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    OP - it has already been said, but save your money and ditch the shake logy. If you want protein powder there are plenty of variants that you can find at your local store, that are a lot cheaper.

you will see the best results with a program of heavy lifting, calorie deficit, moderate cardio, and hitting macros percentages…..
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Shakeology won't make you lose weight. A calorie deficit will. Personally, I don't think Shakeology is worth the price. If you want to invest money in a Beach Body product, I think you'd get better bang for your buck with one of their exercise programs.

Just reposting this. Because it's actually the truth.

But I always enjoy watching the "coaches" push their shakes. They'll tell you you'll lose weight, your skin will clear up, you'll feel better and happy, I swear I once on this very forum saw a coach say it fights cancer.

They're salesmen, trying to exploit you for profit. Shakeology isn't worth it.

and don't forget it magically converts your fat to muscle…wala magic!
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    did someone say "shake"?

shake-weight-o.gif
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I have done numerous beachbody programs and drink Shakeology daily. I have lost weight and feel better than I have in a long time. Many people have negative things to say about Beachbody but its person preference.
    People say negative things because it's all about spending a lot of money on something you don't NEED for success. There are similar products that are cheaper if you're set on a semi-liquid diet.

It isn't magic.

I WANT MAGIC!
    *sprinkles fairy dust*

BOOM! You're skinny and muscley (or whatever you want to be).

I'm cool with skinny & muscley. If you could fix my skin while you're at it...
  • odusgolp
    Options
    Shakeology won't make you lose weight. A calorie deficit will. Personally, I don't think Shakeology is worth the price. If you want to invest money in a Beach Body product, I think you'd get better bang for your buck with one of their exercise programs.

But I always enjoy watching the "coaches" push their shakes. They'll tell you you'll lose weight, your skin will clear up, you'll feel better and happy, I swear I once on this very forum saw a coach say it fights cancer.

I love it when cells magically change like that.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I have done numerous beachbody programs and drink Shakeology daily. I have lost weight and feel better than I have in a long time. Many people have negative things to say about Beachbody but its person preference.
    People say negative things because it's all about spending a lot of money on something you don't NEED for success. There are similar products that are cheaper if you're set on a semi-liquid diet.

It isn't magic.

I WANT MAGIC!
    *sprinkles fairy dust*

Done. BOOM!
  • ndj1979
    Options

I love it when cells magically change like that.

me too, I find the best way is to take a bath in shakeology …expensive, but the gains are sick!
  • baileyang33
    baileyang33 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I get results from Jillian. I have done the 6 weeks 6 pack AB program (lost 22 pounds & 6 inches over all) , & now I'm doing the Body Revolution program & down 10 pounds & 7 inches overall in the middle of week 7. I do C25K, Yoga, Pilates, & Resistance Cord training along with the program though. I need the other stuff to help me get through Jillian's workouts! Keeps me stretched & flexible.
  • IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    Options

It isn't magic.

I WANT MAGIC!
    Would you like it gift wrapped?
    tumblr_mjeqw8kryi1r0nx6do1_500.gif
  • rml_16
    Options

It isn't magic.

I WANT MAGIC!
    Don't let him fool you. That isn't magic. You can find it on any street corner. Whatever you do, DON'T REACH IN!
  • odusgolp
    Options

It isn't magic.

I WANT MAGIC!
    Don't let him fool you. That isn't magic. You can find it on any street corner. Whatever you do, DON'T REACH IN!

But he's so cute!!!!
  • rml_16
    Options

It isn't magic.

I WANT MAGIC!

But he's so cute!!!!
    Fine. Reach in. Whatever. I warned you ... ;-)
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options

I know several BB coaches and never once have they pushed me to buy a product. I don't have the money to buy those products and they understand and are working with me to better my life with diet and exercise. No products! I think some are out to make money while others generally want to help people lose weight.

Do they believe in the product, yes because it worked for them. I think it is a personal choice to try these products if you want too. If they work for you then great. As for me I buy a protein powder from Walmart, eat a deficit and exercise. I have a strong support team and I am finally losing steady.

Good luck to you in whatever you want to do!! :flowerforyou:
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options

It isn't magic.

I WANT MAGIC!
    *sprinkles fairy dust*

and bigger boobs
  • ncsubeachgirl
    ncsubeachgirl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Wow. These are some interesting comments... I know a few beach body coaches and they are awesome. I have used shakeology and it does work wonders for you skin and helps with cravings... Just wondering if anyone with experience with it had lost weight! Thanks to the people who actually read my post and responded without insulting another person :) Someone I know ,who I respect a lot, read these comments. She is also a coach. Think about what you say people!
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    . Just wondering if anyone with experience with it had lost weight!

You lose weight in a calorie deficit .....whether you use a shake is irrelevant.
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who is a beachbody coach and swears by all of that and Shakeology. But, he and his wife have the money for it. I don't. I lost 66lbs eating less, moving more, and lifting free weights using free iPhone apps. I did it, it got them to do it, and when I fell off the wagon they acted like this was my lifeline. Um, no - putting down the extra slice of pizza and walking the extra mile is.

If you think it works for you, do it. If you think it helps, do it. If the investment is incentive, so be it. But, you don't need it to have success.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I think we all have to find our own way. I was successful at losing all my weight and maintaining for over a year by eating all food that I like at a slight deficit. I did give up fast food entirely and I rarely eat much processed stuff, but other than that besides upping my veggies, I still enjoy chocolate, wine, bacon, and all other kinds of wonderful things.

But really. To each his own. I just caution people to do what is sustainable over the long haul. If you aren't going to be investing in some kind of shake program for the rest of your life, you probably won't be able to stick with it. Yo-yo weight shifts are worse for your body than just staying the same weight that you started.
  • ncsubeachgirl
    ncsubeachgirl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Not a coach...Never have been and never will be....