Goodbye Coffee Creamer

Options

Replies

• CmauroC123
    Options
    There IS a coffee creamer you can use - it comes in flavors as well - it's called Zilch by Smart For Life - you have to order it online. I use it - 0 cal. 0 everything else only 5mg of sodium ALL NATURAL saved my life while I'm dieting because I cannot give up coffee and I don't like it plain - I hope this helps : )
  • shabone
    shabone Posts: 18
    Options
    I gave up creamer and started drinking it black about 3 weeks ago. I actually don't miss the creamer. It was hard at first but I am getting used to drinking it black now.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    I don't know what type of creamer you are using but I haven't found them to have that many calories..? About 35 per tablespoon. I know I love coffee creamer so I couldn't give it up, now I just put 2 tablespoons in my coffee

this
  • morefit_bec
    morefit_bec Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Two years ago I used to put 2 sugar packets in my coffee plus quite a bit of creamer. Last year I reduced it to one sugar and by December I quit adding sugar in altogether. Now I'm still working up to taking my coffee black, but I just add about half a tablespoon of creamer.
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I don't know what type of creamer you are using but I haven't found them to have that many calories..? About 35 per tablespoon. I know I love coffee creamer so I couldn't give it up, now I just put 2 tablespoons in my coffee

this

If she's having multiple cups of coffee per day, it can add up fast.
  • mindyvanwesten
    Options
    I use Whey Vanilla protein powder!
  • favoritenut
    favoritenut Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    3 tbsp. of sugar free vanilla creamer is 45 calories, only 15 calories per tbsp...I'm not giving up my coffee...
  • ThriceBlessed
    ThriceBlessed Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I limit my creamer to 1 TBSP per mug of coffee. My mug holds about 1.5 cups, so two mugs is about 3 cups of coffee, and just 2 TBSP of creamer. I used to use coffeemate sugar free vanilla creamer, but I decided I didn't want all of the hydrogenated oils and artificial chemicals, so I switched to a Darigold French Vanilla real dairy creamer. It has a little more calories, but calories don't tell the whole story. At any rate, most days I only have two mugs of coffee, so that is 60 calories of Darigold real dairy creamer. I also add Stevia to my coffee. I just make sure it fits in my daily limits, and its no problem.
  • sillyvalentine
    sillyvalentine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Switching to decaf tea may help you.
  • MrsK20141004
    MrsK20141004 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I used to use 18% MF coffee cream and then switched to blend (half coffee cream, half 2%) and enjoy it. Its 10 cals per tbs so its reasonable unless you use 2-3 tbs and drink a pot a day. I have been gradually reducing it over time because I used to use 3 tablespoons, now I'm down to 1. Goes great in plain coffee or flavoured and won't break the caloric bank!
  • leogal14
    leogal14 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I cannot tolerate black coffee, so had to figure out a way to obtain a pleasant experience without the excessive fat, calories and sugar of the regular flavored creamers which I love! I switched to fat free half and half to give it creaminess.(40 cal for total of 2 servings) Next I found the Torani coffee syrups...they make sugar free(made with splenda). No cals, no fat, no sugar and only 25 mg of sodium per 2 TBSP serving. I have found the perfect solution to my coffee dilemma! I can now enjoy my 2 large cups of coffee in the morning and only use 40 calories, as opposed to 150 or more as before. I buy the Torani syrups at Gordmans.
  • huneydrop
    huneydrop Posts: 84
    Options
    Heavy cream for me too. I make it my breakfast mostly....... 4 tbsp heavy cream (200 cals) and 1 oz cheese (120 cals) and I'm good until lunch - fat is satisfying and nothing to be afraid of.

I like the idea of adding some pumpkin spice to it, I have tried cinnamon before and think I will try this too.
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I have two tablespoons with mine because I just don't want to give it up. 70 calories is not that much and I'm perfectly ok with using it.
  • arenad
    arenad Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I just drink one cup a day with about a tsp of creamer. So it's not bad enough that I have to give it up.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Learn to love coffee black...
    My first cup of the day has 1tbsp heavy cream, the remaining coffee for the day is black.
  • Greytfish
    Greytfish Posts: 810
    Options
    I cannot drink coffee black. To me it tastes plain awful and is just not worth it. What I've tried to do is find the minimum amount of creamer and sugar I can get away and still have it tasting great. I found 1 tsp of creamer and 1 packet of stevia does the trick for me.

You don't like coffee; you like dairy.

Oh yeah, she really loves dairy with a WHOLE TEASPOON in a CUP of coffee. :laugh:

Yes. She does.

On the upside, it's how most people make poor quality coffee bearable, either because they don't know good coffee, or don't care about coffee.
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Try this....Coffee - Truvia / Stevia and Unsweetened Almond Milk. 35 Calories and ZERO Sugar.
  • hilaria81
    hilaria81 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I was in the same boat as you, pouring probably 2 or 3 Tbsp into each mug, and sometimes 3 or 4 mugs a day! Now I have 1 mug a day, 2 at most, and each one has either 1 Tbsp of coffee creamer (not quite as tasty, but passable) or a 10-calorie sugar cube and about 2 Tbsp of half-and-half. Some days I skip the coffee altogether. This has slashed a good chunk of calories each day, for sure! You do adjust too, I bought a tall Starbucks Frappuccino a week ago and was amazed at how overly sweet it tasted to me now. I didn't really enjoy it. (Well...except the whipped cream, I can always go for that.) ;)

Edit: It still feels so weird to be working on the same darn bottle of coffee creamer for about a month (or longer) instead of finishing it off in a week or so, the way I did before!
  • Sarahkat2013
    Sarahkat2013 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Zilch coffee creamer is really bad. The taste is bitter and leaves an aftertaste, yuck!
    Also they have not return policy so if you don't like it you just wasted $25 because they only let you purchase in 3 packs.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I actually use a tablespoon and put in some half and half. A lot less sugar/carbs in half and half than milk and a little goes a long way!