FiberOne bars gas problem

Options

Replies

• delonda1
    delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    its the ingredient that doesnt sit well with some

maybe you should try another type of bar maybe luna bars or something similar.
  • aakokopelli7
    aakokopelli7 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    LoL, I know what you mean. There is a yoga pose that you can do to let it out faster. Google "Wind Reliving Yoga Pose" and do that. It will help a lot with the gas and the bloat!
  • BigFatToad
    BigFatToad Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Watch out for the FiberPlus bars as well; I have a half a box at work I don't dare eat with co-workers around.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    We love fiber one bars in this house. We also love the pooting powers that come with. Eventually your body adjusts and sadly, the pooting powers diminish. :indifferent:
  • raven56706
    raven56706 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    if im riding in a chevy and i feel something heavy.....diaherria!
  • pamalvarado70
    Options
    Wow! I Have always included lots of fiber in my diet. which is why i decided to eat FiberOne. I had a problem with them. Figured it out today when my husband had one and we were both sick with severe gas! I stopped drinking milk, started to think maybe I was gluten intolerant. Who knew it was the fiberone bars!!
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Reviving an old thread to add my smelly two cents.

I have recently discovered the FiberOne lemon bars, and the side effects are LEGIT. I farted so loud and hard the other night that it woke me out of a dead sleep with a JUMP. I thought the cat knocked something big off the table in the other room!
  • jewel22887
    Options
    I eat them pretty regularly and don't have problems with it but I have many friends who do until they eat them for a while then your body gets used to it.
  • jomercer1
    Options
    I suspected fiber One was the problem--now I can see it's not just me. i hits me in less than 1.5 hours. Should I take Beano before I eat one?
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Used to love these things for when I was craving something sweet, but alas, we had to fart - I mean, part - ways.
  • piejin
    piejin Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    One time (and ONLY one time) I ate an entire box of fiber one bars at once. A valuable life lesson was learned that day.
  • msienkiewicz
    msienkiewicz Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm OK with eating one, say, for a snack in the morning or afternoon. That's my limit, though. I was kind of wondering if my lactose intolerance also contributed - the chewy bars also contain milk ingredients (besides of course the yummy chocolate that I can barely resist). My tolerance is getting a little better though... and I only have two boxes left.
  • bigmamabird
    bigmamabird Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have the same reaction. They're very tasty, but I can't eat them.
  • la_vie_est_belle_
    la_vie_est_belle_ Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Here is a webpage about how Fiber One bars make you toot. I've never had one, but I don't think I ever want to.

"Fiber One bars are also snacks that are forged in the depths of hell by Satan himself.
    When I think back on the top ten loudest and longest farts of my life, I can honestly say 10 of them happened all at once about 2 hours after eating a Fiber One bar." (from the website)

http://www.pleasegodno.com/archives/66-Fiber-One-Bars-make-me-Fart.html
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Fart bars.....
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Usually too much fiber at one time will cause this to happen. You need to slowly build up your tolerance to that much fiber at one time.
  • bradXdale
    bradXdale Posts: 399
    Options
    HOLY CRAP....

I thought it was just my increased fiber intake until I just ate one of those and realized that I was pootin left & right!
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    the fart bars are feared in my household, along with many other fiber one products.

One time, I made fiber one blueberry muffins but forgot to tell my husband and stepson they were fiber one and they proceeded to pound down like 3 each.:noway:

They didn't talk to me for like a week afterwards.
  • Mcmilligen
    Mcmilligen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Ha! Is it wrong that this thread makes me want to try them?

HA no! I do too now too... Fibre1 party anyone? :bigsmile:
  • lacar60299
    lacar60299 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Of course I found this thread RIGHT after I ate a Fiber One bar.....