ugh.. no success today.

Options
2»

Replies

• retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    The good you did today certainly outweighs what you feel was the bad, caused by stress. I think the first is much more important so get back on track tomorrow knowing you made a real difference in someone's life.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    That's really sad, but... how does this have anything to do with you, OR how you eat for the day? She's not your kid, you did your part, and there's nothing more to be done about it.

If you use every little bump in the road, or every little thing that makes you upset as an excuse to give up and let it ruin your plans...you're going to have a very hard time having success. In your fitness goals, or otherwise.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    I wonder why we think food is the answer. Main thing is getting back on track which I am sure you are. We feel anxious and sad and treat ourself the way those people treated the little girl. Self destructive stuff. Maybe next time dont have the stuff in the house and try to calm yourself other ways like go exercise or something. I am trying to figure it out myself. I think food is the answer to everything. Food is not the answer, maybe talking to a friend, maybe others can come up with some things to calm us.
  • skinnylady2014
    skinnylady2014 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    You know what, maybe you had no success with your diet today, but you reached out and helped someone who really needed your help. It may have been a stressful day, but you were a good human being today and that has to count for something.

I agree with this!!:laugh: :explode: :flowerforyou:
  • skinnylady2014
    skinnylady2014 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I just now noticed that you have lost 60+ lbs already and are only 11 lbs from goal!! That is awesome and I have no doubt you will make it!!!
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Wow that poor girl, what a terrible family she comes from. How could the grandmother not even be there for her. I just don't understand it at all.. Thank you for doing all you could for her and don't be so hard on yourself. One day will do nothing to your long term success. :flowerforyou:

You dont know anything about this girl. She could have been a drug addict who refuses to get help and the family perhaps stood their ground? Which in that case, I say good for the family!
  • Murph1908
    Murph1908 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    The good you did today certainly outweighs what you feel was the bad, caused by stress. I think the first is much more important so get back on track tomorrow knowing you made a real difference in someone's life.

Terrible advice.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!