What do you order at Mcdonalds? (If you go there)

Options

Replies

• GregMurphy01
    Options
    Southwest chicken sandwich with a poutine, but I stay away as much as possible. lol
  • _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I love some Macdo, but what I get depends on how many calories I have to work with. The real question for me is what wouldn't I eat?

Answer: The salads. I am not going to McDonald's to get a goddamn salad.

If I do go, this what I normally pickup depending on how many calories I have left for the day:

McDouble + Parfait is pretty nutritious and around 500 calories. (Recommended in the Eat This, Not That book)

As someone said earlier, you can't go wrong with a Big Mac + Diet Coke. That's also about 550 calories.

My favorite though is the double quarter pounder with a coke. Ohhhh baby that thing is delicious, but if you go large size you could be looking at up to 1400 calories and some terrible macros... good for a lifting day though. :)
  • DrNerdy
    DrNerdy Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I crave American food from time to time, and whenever we go get McDonalds, I always get a Quarter-Pounder with cheese.
  • melinda11587
    melinda11587 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Classic grilled chicken sandwich meal...I get a free meal once a week...if I didn't I probably wouldn't eat there. No mayo, only eat half the fries and a black coffee! 530 calories!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    And thats why I hate fast food, you go there for a meal and it a days worth of calories and you macros are all messed up for that day, but if I go ill get a premium chicken salad of the premium chicken sandwich NO fries, and really the calories arent that bad, make sure the chicken is grilled and not crispy, skip the drinks and the other food it may taste good for the moment but it will make mefeel like crap later.

FIFY
    Food is food, I never have trouble fitting Mcd's or any fast food into my macros. Try harder.
  • Greytfish
    Greytfish Posts: 810
    Options
    Coffee. Black. The only thing they do halfway decently.
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I hope I don't insult anyone but I call McDonald's "McSlops". I have not eaten there in about 6 years. Maybe twice in about 8 years and both times were for a breakfast biscuit.

I'm not a fan of McDonald's or really any fast food. I love the Publix deli, though.

cheap, low quality, mediocre tasting garbage can food that is wrong 98% of the time. Whats not to love?
  • randomtai
    Options
    I hope I don't insult anyone but I call McDonald's "McSlops". I have not eaten there in about 6 years. Maybe twice in about 8 years and both times were for a breakfast biscuit.

I'm not a fan of McDonald's or really any fast food. I love the Publix deli, though.

cheap, low quality, mediocre tasting garbage can food that is wrong 98% of the time. Whats not to love?

Lol because of the Mcdonald's in your profile pic.
  • Pamela_in_Progress
    Pamela_in_Progress Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I haven't eaten there in over a year and I don't miss it at all. If I'm craving a fast food burger I'd rather go to Wendy's.
  • tesha_chandler
    tesha_chandler Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I get a water for me and a happy meal for my kids. Then I stare in jealousy and watch as they eat it.... :cry:
  • randomtai
    Options
    I get a water for me and a happy meal for my kids. Then I stare in jealousy and watch as they eat it.... :cry:

Why can't you eat it? :huh:
  • rachaelgifford
    rachaelgifford Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Veggie Deluxe and regular fries. It is the only thing on the menu I like.
  • Ohmydaze
    Ohmydaze Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I go maybe every 3 months, and it's rarely my choice. However, I nearly always go for the Chicken Selects, don't get fries, and if I have a drink it's tea. So, something like 360 calories, for pretty delicious fried chicken, as a treat. I used to go for the deli sandwiches, but there's too much bread and mayonnaise for me.

ETA:

Oh my goodness. Just put a typical happy meal into their nutrition calculator.. 400 cals for small fries, 605 for a small milkshake, and 170 for chicken nuggets! That seems so wrong. :(
  • emckbt
    emckbt Posts: 2
    Options
    southwest chicken salad with GRILLED chicken. then add another grilled chicken breast (only another 90 cal and super packed with protein). kind of expensive for mcdonalds but healthyish all the same.
  • missbirrell
    missbirrell Posts: 133
    Options
    6 McNuggets, sometimes a share box of 20 with my boyfriend as a special treat. Since I've started calorie counting, I go for medium fries instead of large. I really like Big Macs, but the trouble with food like McDs is that it's high in calories and it's not really filling, you're hungry again a little while later. I don't think I've had a BM since I started calorie tracking because I can use those calories for something more filling, but I could definitely go for a BM right now! :)
  • redlipsticklyfe
    redlipsticklyfe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Cheeseburger happy meal or double cheeseburger mighty kids meal with a sprite. It's awesome!
  • randomtai
    Options
    I go maybe every 3 months, and it's rarely my choice. However, I nearly always go for the Chicken Selects, don't get fries, and if I have a drink it's tea. So, something like 360 calories, for pretty delicious fried chicken, as a treat. I used to go for the deli sandwiches, but there's too much bread and mayonnaise for me.

ETA:

Oh my goodness. Just put a typical happy meal into their nutrition calculator.. 400 cals for small fries, 605 for a small milkshake, and 170 for chicken nuggets! That seems so wrong. :(

What? No.. :noway: :noway:
    A typical Happy Meal does not include a shake. It includes a "kids" sized fries, apple slices and 1% milk as well as chicken nuggets. Which all adds up to a little more than 400 calories.
  • Ohmydaze
    Ohmydaze Posts: 403 Member
    Options

ETA:

A typical Happy Meal does not include a shake. It includes a "kids" sized fries, apple slices and 1% milk as well as chicken nuggets. Which all adds up to a little more than 400 calories.

Okay. I put it into the thingy wrong. It adds up the total as you go, so the highest number of 605, isn't for a shake, it's for the lot. And okay, I don't know any McD that gives you fries AND a fruit bag. Also when I was little, if I ever went there, I was getting my milkshake. So, it's typical for my own experience of Happy Meals = rare treat. Apple slices and Skim milk aren't a treat.
  • jillianbeeee
    jillianbeeee Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    hamburger, small fries and water to drink or 4 chicken nuggets and water.
  • randomtai
    Options

ETA:

Okay. I put it into the thingy wrong. It adds up the total as you go, so the highest number of 605, isn't for a shake, it's for the lot. And okay, I don't know any McD that gives you fries AND a fruit bag. Also when I was little, if I ever went there, I was getting my milkshake. So, it's typical for my own experience of Happy Meals = rare treat. Apple slices and Skim milk aren't a treat.

Still doesn't make you right. Mcdonald's has changed because of all the people complaining about the "unhealthy happy meals" . So now you get apple slices and milk. Parents have the option of getting another drink if they want.

ETA- This is here in the USA.. I am not sure about anywhere else. They have this nifty website http://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en/home.html