Girl Scout Cookie Season

Options
hecks2
hecks2 Posts: 11 Member
A plague on your houses, you adorable little purveyors of delicious sugary transfats.
Same to you, coworkers who buy a dozen boxes, then leave them on the conference table.

Replies

• AshTrixxy
    AshTrixxy Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I lost my battle with Girl Scout Cookies. I told my husband that if he wants any more, he is to buy them, store them, and eat them in secret. Somoas are the devil. Lol!
  • Changeisachoice
    Changeisachoice Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Dang those Somoas!!
  • LeahFerri
    LeahFerri Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Also a pox on the Northeast bakers of Caramel DeLites--they're NOTHING like Samoas!

I actually haven't seen any this year. The girls usually sell in the student center at my university, but I haven't been there at all lately.
  • Slaintegrl
    Slaintegrl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I think I may hold the world's record for finishing a whole box of GS cookies, no matter which flavor!
  • AshTrixxy
    AshTrixxy Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Also a pox on the Northeast bakers of Caramel DeLites--they're NOTHING like Samoas!

I actually haven't seen any this year. The girls usually sell in the student center at my university, but I haven't been there at all lately.

Lucky... They are like kryptonite.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    I have 3 out of my 6 boxes left. I eat a few a week. Whenever I want to make them fit. *shrug* Plagues are better suited for pedos and murderers imo. :P
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    coworkers who buy a dozen boxes, then leave them on the conference table.

Mine don't do this, but I wish they did
  • hecks2
    hecks2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My boss just opened a box of peanut butter patties. They're my weakness, but I'm holding strong... for now...
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    thanks...just remembered we had leftover king cake...

cream cheese or cinnamon...or both?
  • Alehmer
    Alehmer Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I barely escaped this season without buying a box, had to feign Celiac!
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Too bad we now have a Gluten Free option...now you have no excuse. My troop thanks you for your support! :bigsmile:
  • timberowl
    timberowl Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the candy bars? I'm eating one right now. @_@
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    they never come to my door :(
  • Shuuma
    Shuuma Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Ugh-I can DESTROY a box of Thin Mints in a few minutes. I may split them up into portions and freeze them for less temptation.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    My office is free flowing with the food. I currently have 3 open boxes of GS cookies (Thin Mints, Tag a Longs, and Thank You Berry Much) sitting 10 feet away outside my office in a common area. Times like these shows me how strong I have become and how much will power I have! :smokin:
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I had bought 1 box of Samoas and 2 boxes of thin mints. Even though they are long gone, I ate them little by little. Took me over a month to eat them with some help from my bf :-)
  • 488Y
    488Y Posts: 11
    Options
    I've been purposely making phone calls to any random friend in my address book when I walk into the store or walmart and see them selling outside the doors. Being on the phone and not hearing them ask if i want to buy cookies seems to help a bit.
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    We ate like two boxes in 24 hours last weekend.

Btw, freezing Thin Mints to resist temptation? Pssh! I LOVE eating them frozen. lol. Samoas too.

You'd have to hide them in a scent proof container to keep me away.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    mmmm Thin Mint-sicles
  • Brige2269
    Brige2269 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Try having 500 boxes of those tempting cookies in your house!! I say I did very good in resisting the temptation.

Although, I do appreicate each of you for supporting the Girl Scouts! You're suffering is almost over, and so are the sales.... Almost... :tongue: