Pear shaped ladies

Options

Replies

• redlipsticklyfe
    redlipsticklyfe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Yes, I prefer to do them at home too. I've started squats and lunges and deadlifts since reading your post and I can really feel it. I did it at home with dumbells. I will check out the link. thanks again!

No problem! I'm glad I could help
  • sberry225
    sberry225 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My lower body results took longer than everywhere else, but what has helped me most is steady state cardio 5 days a week for 20-30-40 minutes (depending on the day). I prefer the elliptical, but I will run occasionally. And HEAVY lifting has raised and firmed my booty and smoothed out my "thunder thighs". Heavy squats and lunges (all kinds) have really transformed my legs and if I can't get to the gym I put on my ankle weights and use my kettle bell to do booty workouts. fitnessblender's website has GREAT lower body workouts. We can do this ladies! Don't get discouraged, keep it up. The best thing about being a pear is you'll lose the weight and STILL have killer curves
  • cydonian
    cydonian Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I have a dumb question -- I am pear shaped pretty severely (34'' bust and 40'' hips), should I be focusing on lower body exercises or trying to do all over cardio to slim? Last year I was doing targeted leg lifts, squats, etc. and my calves and thighs got so hard that I couldn't get them into any of my pants! The waist fit better, but the thunder thighs weren't going in! ;-)
  • daniellegwilliam
    daniellegwilliam Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    5'4 started at 150. Pic on right is 142. Only 8lb difference!
    Was on an 11 month plateau which finally broke this

[img]http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e293/Danielle_Marie_Gwilliam/Weightloss Photos/0b8283dc-244d-4077-8261-e2e382b9282a_zps53af2aff.jpg[/img]
  • daniellegwilliam
    daniellegwilliam Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Ok no clue how to post my pic. But it's my profile pic
  • AmandaMonster
    AmandaMonster Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    [img]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t214/phr34k0wt/Mobile Uploads/2014-01/1270ef71-2a6c-49c9-a498-d9cb33c013e8_zps979abf6c.jpg[/img]

Hello all! I consider myself a pear for sure.
    I'm 5'6", first two pictures I was around 180ish, second two around 135.
    I'm 127lbs now, aiming for 125lbs :)

WOW! you look amazing! great job - these sort of stories/photos that inspire me a LOT <3 thanks!
  • omgitsk8lyn
    omgitsk8lyn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • MoRaeNew
    MoRaeNew Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • PHr34k0wt
    PHr34k0wt Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    WOW! you look amazing! great job - these sort of stories/photos that inspire me a LOT <3 thanks!

• l_ashley
    l_ashley Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Weight training has definitely helped whittle down my legs/butt. I am a very shapely pear, and I accept my curves. I just want my curves to be less lumpy. :)
  • JassiBear
    JassiBear Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Hello from another pear!

I've lost about 20 lbs from lots of cardio (running, HIIT) with the occasional weights. But I've learnt to love and accept the fact that we can't spot reduce fat - so we just have to burn, baby, burn.

Posting my before and after pictures here and you can see despite the 20 lbs loss, my thighs and hips are still fairly chunky. I'm doing more leg curls, extensions and squats as compared to before just to define those areas a bit more.

In terms of sizing, I used to wear UK 14 tops and bottoms; whereas now I can fit into a UK 10/12 top and UK 12 bottom.

What I can suggest is that if you don't like raining, you can check out fitness blender on youtube for their high-intensity interval training videos. All you need is space, a good pair of sports shoes (to absorb impact from jumps, etc) and maybe a yoga mat. They're quite challenging, but very rewarding! Take longer breaks in between if you need to, but always remember to keep your heart rate up.

All the very best! :)

29didfa.jpg

This is very inspiring to me! I have like the exact same body shape as you (pear), i feel like we could be body twins in that first pic where you weigh 173; My current weight is 173 and I used to weigh 154 for a few years then the weight crept on then just piled on all of a sudden. I am regaining my former motivation to get down to 135 which is my goal weight!
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I'm a pear too. For me it isn't just about where I store fat: I have a relatively wide pelvis... One day in a delivery room I'd be thankful. Anyway, in addition to losing fat that you have, I'd say work on toning your legs, thighs and butt. And squat! My legs aren't tiny, especially comparing to my waist that's really small. But they are super strong and have nice muscles. So for the first time in my life, I think, I don't hate my whole lower body. Use it as an advantage!

YES! This! My doctor had to do an xray of my abdomen and pointed out that I had a large pelvis as well and commented about how much easier delivery will be! Not to exciting to hear as a 23 year old but one day I will be happy for it!

I got told in High School that I have "baby making hips" which is not something I really wanted to think about at 14.
  • DiaryOfaThickFitWoman
    DiaryOfaThickFitWoman Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Bump! Hour-glassed pear ova here :)
  • LTKeegan
    LTKeegan Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I'm a pear, I just want my thighs to get a touch smaller.

258d7f47-0dce-4a8f-8d2e-9f23914c6fc6_zps296a59ae.png
  • fishsquishy
    fishsquishy Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Bump, I'm a bumpy pear too!
  • ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely pear shaped, like all you lovely ladies in here. I have always had a high waist to hip ratio, right now I'm 36-27-39. I'm lucky in my genetics that I don't really gain weight on my stomach (I had a flat stomach at 143 lbs, and still have one now at 132 lbs) but I do gain weight in my hips/bum area, and I know it will always be proportionately larger down there. I love my booty, but I'd prefer if it had a little less jiggle when I wiggle, if you know what I mean. You can't spot reduce fat, but there are definitely exercises that can be done to enhance the hip/bum area once the fat has been reduced through cardio and a calorie deficit.

I totally got the "child bearing hips" comment my whole life too, and I've been called Assley (as a compliment, thankfully) as a little play on words with my name, as well as J-Lo. I definitely have a bubble butt, that's for sure. In fact, because of my waist to hip ratio, I have some skirts I have to put on over my shoulders because the waist is too small to fit over my hips.
  • thicknomore24
    Options
    What exercises do you recommend? I am fearful that I am losing weight but maintaing the same silhouette.
  • ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Here, I was able to find a pic! You can see that my bum is still the biggest part of me, but I can tell you it's half the size it was at 143 lbs. I wouldn't mind if it got bigger due to building muscles in my gluts, I just don't want the dreaded dimples I was starting to get 10 lbs ago. The good news about those dreaded dimples is that they do go away. In fact, I'm almost dimple free now! Not quite, but we're getting there.

11c5zl3.jpg
  • LTKeegan
    LTKeegan Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Here, I was able to find a pic! You can see that my bum is still the biggest part of me, but I can tell you it's half the size it was at 143 lbs. I wouldn't mind if it got bigger due to building muscles in my gluts, I just don't want the dreaded dimples I was starting to get 10 lbs ago. The good news about those dreaded dimples is that they do go away. In fact, I'm almost dimple free now! Not quite, but we're getting there.

11c5zl3.jpg

You have a rockin body! I'm trying to get rid of butt dimples too, they are reducing, but still there. I also love that you call them butt dimples, I was calling them my 2nd butt. Your name is far more positive!
  • ajsdream
    ajsdream Posts: 223 Member
    Options

11c5zl3.jpg

That's what I love about being a pear - you get to keep your booty!! You look AMAZING!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!